Cleave

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2024, 11:22:50 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
From previous thread:
Cleave, like dual strike, hits with BOTH weapons when dual-weilding. That's why it nedds the penalty to dual wielding, since it's inherintly doubling the damage from using only one weapon.
The DPS display cannot currently account for dual strike and cleave using both weapons at once, and treats them as all other attacks, meaning it thinks they will alternate using one weapon at a time.
As such, the DPS display is incorrect with this skill while dual wielding.
I've used infernal blow as a primary attack for almost 49 levels on my dual wield duelist (i trusted the character sheet) linked with attack speed increase and increase fire damage.

At the beginning of Merciless i found my first cleave gem and now i became a war machine! I destroy everything with almost no problem. I feel like cheating...

This skill do around TRIPLE damage than infernal blow, same mana consumption, higher range and is aoe.
I have been using cleave since level 1. I am now level 40. Thanks to my support gems it has for the last 20 or so levels also been my highest single target DPS skill.
It's a very powerful skill. Best AoE melee skill I think.

I use flickering strike to move around. It's fun, but I don't trust it's stated DPS.

Im playing a Marauder using axes.
With regard to dual wielding not interacting with the tooltip of this skill. If I have two total dis-separate weapon speeds which one does it use?

Example; Nomnom the Marauder is using Cleave with a Cleaver (1.1 attacks a second) and a Short Sword (1.65 attacks a second). What weapon speed is the Cleave?
"
Wargamer08 wrote:
With regard to dual wielding not interacting with the tooltip of this skill. If I have two total dis-separate weapon speeds which one does it use?

Example; Nomnom the Marauder is using Cleave with a Cleaver (1.1 attacks a second) and a Short Sword (1.65 attacks a second). What weapon speed is the Cleave?
Cleave currently uses the main hand attack speed only. This is likely to change eventually as we fix up the interaction with dual wielding
I also use this as my main attack on my 2h Duelist. at level 51 I'm doing almost 3000dps. But my guess is that I'm really doing around 6000dps as I seem to hit at least 2 other enemies on average.

I don't think any other melee skill besides Ground Slam even compares.
POE, Diablo III, and Torchlight 2... what, who says I can't enjoy all of them?
I just started testing this out tonight and seems a little buggy to me, sometimes it seems to miss targets in a swing cycle (hit one and miss the one next to it). Perhaps it's just the very short range though? Or perhaps the hit/miss dynamic works on each individual target during it's rotation?
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Dec 10, 2011, 9:30:23 PM
Hits and misses are calculated for each individual mob hit.
"
Hits and misses are calculated for each individual mob hit.

That would explain it then, thanks. Seems to work fine then although I have yet to test it at higher levels but from the feedback it sounds good.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info