Blood Rage

The level of frenzy skill has no effect on the charges it creates - they're always frenzy charges, and all frenzxy charges are always identical.
The Frenzy skill itself has extra attack speed above the norm for each frenzy charge you have.
For more details, please check the previous page of the thread.
EDIT: Okay, page 12, since this post started a new page.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 14, 2012, 3:46:00 PM
thanks man, I was gonna look through the thread to see if someone had posted the same question before but I'm lazy sometimes :P
Its always in the last place you look
But just in case; Yes, someone did.^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I don't know if people complained about it, but blood rage works with spells and such
Considering the penalty that this spell brings to melee characters, it should be at least working only with weapons until ci is nerfed
The charges this creates have nothing to do with the actual skill.
It is plain not possible to find out how these charges were generated and then only apply them to X.
Also, Bloodrage bestows three bonuses, life leech, attack speed, and charges; Only the latter works with spells, that's 1/3.
Which is, btw, the only way for spellcasters to get these charges.
Why take that away, in a step that might be more work than an actual change to CI, if at all possible?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
I'm not talking about the frenzy charges, but the "gain frenzy charges on kill" should be changed to "gain frenzy charges on melee's attack kill" as already a few skills are working like that
Spell casters can gain frenzy charges by keeping a monkey spectre from old fields alive, or boost it with the frenzy skill, which doesn't require much
For now ci comes with at least + 15% cast speed, and for the most broken keystone it's pretty good :/
The attack speed and life leech bonus are also a free cost bonus for any ci/ghost reaver build as invalesco demonstrated
Last edited by Pam on Nov 22, 2012, 1:36:06 PM
CI actually kills your odds at getting the Attack Speed bonus; 1/1 Life means you cannot physically be at Low Life (35% or lower). Other than that: I guess?

For my Leap Slam duelist, it's basically free Leech, constant max Frenzy Charges *and* I get a mad IAS boost when I'm about to die (makes Leap Slam faster -> monsters hit me less/I get away faster; it saved my hide a couple times). Duelist gets some crazy %Regen. With minimal investment the drain is so negligible...

15% Cast Speed doesn't sound all that amazing comparatively.
as i understand it this spell has several diffrent effects:

Primary Effect: A Spell that gives you the buff
Secondary Effect: The Buff itself
Third Effect: the buff that you get when you kill something

and from what i understand the Primary and Secondary effects are tied to the gem and is affected by quality and linked support gems, but the third effect is not?

all three effects can however be affected by passives?
The buff just gives you charges when you kill something.
Charges are a linear status effect that will only be affected by charge bonuses, like extra duration or the evasion per frenzy charge passive the ranger has.

If there was an item with, say, +5% mana regen per frenzy charge, the charges would obviously also grant that.
Zaanus:

___
Make one like this except for strength builds that play pure melee. Call it Berserk and make it a buff. The skills differences would be that the character can not be stunned, and their attack speed is improved slightly. We are talking a 10 percent boost at most and the attack speed is what would level.

instead of chaos damage it would be bleeding.

This would allow a single shot melee build like heavy strike, to function properly by never getting stunned and it would work with any build that wanted to play as a "berserker" where they tank life over armor and lose many of the disadvantages to not having any real armor defense.

I really think this would improve many of the other mara skills indirectly and make them workable again.

Thank you
Last edited by psythos on Dec 2, 2012, 3:33:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info