Blood Rage

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the frenzy charges granted by the skill according to the character menu show the base level 1 version of frenzy.

Does it take into account if you have the skill frenzy on your character from a gem and use the mods of the skill from that?

Or does it just use the level 1 version of the skill?

What if you use the frenzy skill and cap the charges, but then use blood rage to keep the timer reset? Does it change the type or charge?

Not sure about these details, I play a level 32 melee sword / shield ranger.
Last edited by sonsofhorus on Sep 20, 2012, 12:16:23 AM
"
sonsofhorus wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned, but the frenzy charges granted by the skill according to the character menu show the base level 1 version of frenzy.

Does it take into account if you have the skill frenzy on your character from a gem and use the mods of the skill from that?

What if you use the frenzy skill and cap the charges, but then use blood rage to keep the timer reset? Does it change the type or charge?

There is never in any way any difference between frenzy charges. All frenzy charges are completely identical, regardless of source.

A frenzy charge has no stats - charges are nothing more than a number that tells you how many you have. There's nothing in each charge that could be different. But your character has stats that give them bonuses based on that number - you can see these in the character panel under the "Charges" tab. That lists all the bonuses you character will get for each type of charge (and you can add to this list with certain passives).

At base, a character gets 5% increased attack speed per frenzy charge, and 5% increased cast speed per frenzy charge.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
sonsofhorus wrote:

There is never in any way any difference between frenzy charges. All frenzy charges are completely identical, regardless of source.

A frenzy charge has no stats - charges are nothing more than a number that tells you how many you have. There's nothing in each charge that could be different. But your character has stats that give them bonuses based on that number - you can see these in the character panel under the "Charges" tab. That lists all the bonuses you character will get for each type of charge (and you can add to this list with certain passives).

At base, a character gets 5% increased attack speed per frenzy charge, and 5% increased cast speed per frenzy charge.

So is it safe to say the charge is based on the Frenzy skills "charge value"?

Only reason I ask is in that tab under charges the Blood Rage skill says Frenzy charges only give 5% attack speed and 5% damage.

But if I look at the frenzy skill itself the frenzy charges are vastly better.
"
sonsofhorus wrote:
So is it safe to say the charge is based on the Frenzy skills "charge value"?
There is no "charge value".

"
sonsofhorus wrote:
Only reason I ask is in that tab under charges the Blood Rage skill says Frenzy charges only give 5% attack speed and 5% damage.

But if I look at the frenzy skill itself the frenzy charges are vastly better.
N, that's not what it's saying. Your character always gets 5% increased attack speed and 5% increased cast speed per frenzy charge (plus any other bonus for passives. Those are the bonuses that apply to your character.

The Frenzy skill, in addition, gets extra bonuses for each charge you have - but that's what that skill gets, not anything else.

When a skill says on it's gem/popup that it has "X% increased attack speed" or "X% increased damage" of "X% increased whatever per frenzy charge" that's a bonus on that skill, not your character.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 20, 2012, 1:02:16 AM
Thanks a lot for sorting that out for me!
Would it be possible to have blood rage grant +x% attack speed per y% of max HP missing?
one of the better worked unusual skills, all good here.
Is this gem working as intended?

It's called blood rage, which is pretty ironic, considering the users it benefits the most.
If I get shocked while Blood Rage is on, my character continues to look shocked until Blood Rage wears off. I'm not sure if the shock effect continues as well or just the visual.
It's a visual bug they're aware of. Just a polish fix though, so that won't come until Open most likely :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info