Caster defenses still terrible

I think people like OP were just used to easy 6-7K "health" MoM/EB gave. all you had to do was buy CoD and gear with a little ES here and there, select EB, and bam fat health pool with almost instant recharging. Like I said you can still do it. Just costs way more. But all good defenses should cost.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 31, 2015, 8:20:50 AM
If people want to respond to the points I actually made in my posts instead of fabricating ridiculous lies about my motivations for posting, that'd be great. It's tiresome when every post either completely ignores what I've said or equates to "hes just salty cuz he wants to spend 5 points on infi def" even though I've never said anything remotely similar to that.

I'm perfectly fine with investing a ton of points in defense. Check the character this thread is about in my profile for some pretty blatant evidence of this. It would simply be nice if investing those points into the int based defenses gave you something remotely as good as an equivalent investment into dex or strength based defenses.
"
Jennik wrote:
If people want to respond to the points I actually made in my posts instead of fabricating ridiculous lies about my motivations for posting, that'd be great. It's tiresome when every post either completely ignores what I've said or equates to "hes just salty cuz he wants to spend 5 points on infi def" even though I've never said anything remotely similar to that.

I'm perfectly fine with investing a ton of points in defense. Check the character this thread is about in my profile for some pretty blatant evidence of this. It would simply be nice if investing those points into the int based defenses gave you something remotely as good as an equivalent investment into dex or strength based defenses.

For every post like yours i read in the forums, there's always a person who says that casters are fine and tell you to stop whining, you know why ?

Because those people like Melee more than casters. And now that casters are screwed, they're lovin it. It is ridiculous that the people is thinking only on theirselfs instead of think as a whole. The community of this game IS ROTTEN. A bunch of masochists, nolifers who wants the game harder and harder and harder until it become a 1-hitOrSurvive game, and don't want to respect the people that just want to have fun.

I do love challenge games either, but the community want a punishing game, not a challenging one. As someone said here before, there's a build called Block/MoM/EB/Incinerator on the forums, it's a really nice build, and the guy that planned it should win a cookie for it, it's really awesome.

I encourage you to try it out, BUT, i do have to say, that is the only viable build for casters that i found so far.

And by viable, i mean not dying for every fu***ing pack encounter. The build gives you perfect time to react to treats and have a solid defense.

I agree with you the most. And again, it's a nice build, but imo, it's not a caster build. Since it uses block, a little bit of armor, evasion.. That is not "caster" at all. For me, balance means equality for ALL kind of game-styles, Melee, Rangers, Casters. Armor, Evasion and Energy Shield.

What most of people don't get is that you (as a caster) have to rely on things that isn't even part of your tree. And this aspect doesn't happens with the other classes, so why ONLY casters have to pass through this ? It makes no sense to me. But i'll give you an advice:

Give Up.

GGG are not showing any concerns about this problem (i don't think it's their fault either, since the community thinks that it isn't anything wrong.) and they're not answering any threads about feedback on the forums, they're answering posts that are not even about the game mechanics like forums suggestions, so give up on trying to fight for this cause, you'll be happier. I know your feel bro, we all want A LOT of changes. WE ALL are not 100% satisfied with this expansion, leech sucks, 90% of the builds sucks, rich got richer AGAIN, economy sucking for the average player, leveling uniques got rarer...

So, maybe try the Block/MoM build while you can until someone said it's op and it gets nerfed.

- Peace, my friend !
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jul 31, 2015, 9:03:15 AM
FWIW, I began to play PoE during closed beta, and I played like 98% of the time as a caster (my very first char was the famous cookie cutter freeze pulser).
But hey, if you want to think that casters are some kind of victims of GGG or w/e, be my guest.
Last edited by Dawmz on Jul 31, 2015, 9:32:13 AM
does any one have a good defense in this game? At least caster get obliterate their prey.
"
Dawmz wrote:
FWIW, I began to play PoE during closed beta, and I played like 98% of the time as a caster (my very first char was the famous cookie cutter freeze pulser).
But hey, if you want to think that casters are some kind of victims of GGG or w/e, be my guest.

Considering the amount of tags you have, you're not really good at discussions.

EAKZOI laid out great points and arguments, while you replied, AGAIN (and blatantly missing the point), with the washed up generic statement of "it's fine".

GG community.
Last edited by mugwumpshasnoliver on Jul 31, 2015, 11:02:18 AM
EAKZOI's "great argument" is : people who think casters are ok are just melee players. Yeah, what a wonderful and nice argument. He doesn't even have a character on one of the new leagues...

My argument is : I'm playing a 88 caster in endgame maps on tempest. I played casters in all hardcore temp leagues since closed beta. It's ok, really. Yeah, some things aren't great, act 4 mobs are a bit overtuned, but really you can play a caster and have fun. It's just a bit harder than pre 2.0 when you had the insanely op combo cwdt/ec/ic+cod+eb. I explained everything about my char in the first page, what I'm using for defenses, what are my weaknessess... I don't know what more can I tell you ?
And my build is nothing special, it's not even something I really planned or whatever. I played something similar during the closed beta and I re-did it. I even played with acrobatics for the first time ever.

And sorry for the tag spam, I don't know if it's possible to hide them or something, it defaults like that.
Because GGG doesn't want casters clearing too fast. They have range + AoE + high damage, so they "balance" it by making them die often. Melee people clear slower and die less, casters clear faster and die more. Perfect logic for a company like GGG whose top priority is only to prevent people from leveling fast. All this bullcrap about "increase your HP" or "don't wear ES armour" makes me laugh. 5kHP+ is low for a caster? So why did they design ES armour for? Yes like I'm sure 1k more armour or 500 more HP is gonna help against spike damage mobs.
"
Jennik wrote:
Also, since I know GGG's people read these threads, are the people who replied to my thread the kind of people you want on your forum? People who, upon reading valid, well articulated criticism, immediately attack the person posting it?

You are very good at putting people on probation for a variety of reasons. Have you thought about doing that to people like these who make your forum a rather terrible place to visit?

The only reason they posted was to harass me. What does your forum gain from having people like this around?

Ugh I can't stand the elitism in this community. I thought you brought up fair points. Hopefully ggg is reading and it will be adressed. Evasion tanks have their fair share of issues this patch as well. I have a feeling damage is just tuned to high right now.
"
Dawmz wrote:
EAKZOI's "great argument" is : people who think casters are ok are just melee players.

No it's not. The argument is about the design of "casters". The argument is surefooted with the premise of defining what a "caster" is. If you think stacking armors/endurance charges/evasion on a "caster" just to make it viable is good design, then I guess there's nothing much to be discussed here and we could all just agree to disagree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info