Maps? Why we need this? Solution inside.

"
Why can't maps present the harder difficulty like they do now? That is how I view maps, I play the campaign and when I want to play more challenging content I go into maps. I even have a bit of control over how difficult those encounters will be. I think the system works well enough.

I would not be happy running the ledge forever in act 1.

Read all post in topic before you write a post. I told - you can do all location from maps in Cruel difficulty, so you reach 45lv and you can do actual (but much more harder) endgame without game forcing you to go into Merciless at all.
"
necrokillaz wrote:
"
Why can't maps present the harder difficulty like they do now? That is how I view maps, I play the campaign and when I want to play more challenging content I go into maps. I even have a bit of control over how difficult those encounters will be. I think the system works well enough.

I would not be happy running the ledge forever in act 1.

Read all post in topic before you write a post. I told - you can do all location from maps in Cruel difficulty, so you reach 45lv and you can do actual (but much more harder) endgame without game forcing you to go into Merciless at all.

"
necrokillaz wrote:
Make normal and cruel do not reward EXP to players with level 45 or higher.
This is what you wrote in the OP. So if I can't get exp after 45 in cruel then I am forced to play in merciless to gain experience??

If instead you mean that in cruel I am able to then go do maps from that difficulty to gain experience, I don't want to be forced into running maps to gain experience either. I like having options. If I want to grind a weak area for a safer and slower levelling experience why should I not be able to do that?
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on Aug 1, 2015, 1:18:12 PM
"
This is what you wrote in the OP. So if I can't get exp after 45 in cruel then I am forced to play in merciless to gain experience??

Yes and thats true. Because in my vision of leveling 45lv will give you 90 passive skill points so compare to actual system you are reaching ~80lv. After that you are forced to play Merciless to gain EXP and yes, you can do it - but it will be the hardest thing in game (and if you can play alone - be my guest, playing Merciless will be ridiculous difficult but also very rewarding in EXP and drop).

"
If I want to grind a weak area for a safer and slower levelling experience why should I not be able to do that?

Of course you can! You can always enter Merciless and try you best. I am not holding anyone from that and Merciless in my vision will have a locations weaker and stronger like it is now.

The funny fact is you all want only to farm and grind, noone of you want a skilled endgame. Just farm and grind. So if you want just farm and grind why are you so bother about level? Im giving you 90 points in 45lv! Thats more then 95% of PoE population ever imagine to had! And you are still complaining :) You have to understand that my proposition will change nothing at all to everyone who want just farm and grind like you want (and i even want to increase good gear drop rate to make it more enjoyable!) but it will separate those who want only farm and grind from this ones, who are looking for challenge and unreachable game content for common mortals :)
Last edited by necrokillaz on Aug 1, 2015, 1:35:18 PM
"
necrokillaz wrote:
"

Yes and thats true. Because in my vision of leveling 45lv will give you 90 passive skill points so compare to actual system you are reaching ~80lv. After that you are forced to play Merciless to gain EXP and yes, you can do it - but it will be the hardest thing in game (and if you can play alone - be my guest, playing Merciless will be ridiculous difficult but also very rewarding in EXP and drop).

"
If I want to grind a weak area for a safer and slower levelling experience why should I not be able to do that?

Of course you can! You can always enter Merciless and try you best. I am not holding anyone from that and Merciless in my vision will have a locations weaker and stronger like it is now.

The funny fact is you all want only to farm and grind, noone of you want a skilled endgame. Just farm and grind. So if you want just farm and grind why are you so bother about level? Im giving you 90 points in 45lv! Thats more then 95% of PoE population ever imagine to had! And you are still complaining :) You have to understand that my proposition will change nothing at all to everyone who want just farm and grind like you want (and i even want to increase good gear drop rate to make it more enjoyable!) but it will separate those who want only farm and grind from this ones, who are looking for challenge and unreachable game content for common mortals :)

All you're doing is shifting the farming and grinding to a different part of the game. You've decided for some reason that maps shouldn't be on Merciless difficulty and that Merciless should take the place of maps--ignoring for the moment that maps offer the much more interesting and varied experience. You're missing the point, which is that people can and will solo the hardest content in the game, and if you make it harder to the point where they can't, they will quit and go play another ARPG. If you make maps easier than Merciless, people will hang out on Merciless for the drops and EXP and almost never map. Period. End of story.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
You've decided for some reason that maps shouldn't be on Merciless difficulty and that Merciless should take the place of maps

No. I decided maps should be a PART of Merciless but not like now ("closed special locations to which ones you need a special key") only a LOCATIONS WITH WAYPOINT TO IT (and the same in "my" vision of Cruel difficulty).

"
ignoring for the moment that maps offer the much more interesting and varied experience.

Oooouuuu tell me about it? Rolled affixes like immunity for fire damage? You are so dumb you cant imagine REGULAR location with WAYPONT what also can have a rolled affixes or higher mobs level in range 1-5? What is so damn difficult to you to understand this SIMPLE AS F concept? Im not THROWING MAPS LOCATIONS out of the game only a damn "COLLEDT THE F KEY TO OPEN SPECIAL CONTENT" concept.

"
You're missing the point, which is that people can and will solo the hardest content in the game, and if you make it harder to the point where they can't, they will quit and go play another ARPG.

Well there is no other f2p ARPG but I accept the consequences of my changes. Yes, many of solo-lovers will quit the game. I'am aware of that. But I know one more thing - this change will radicaly increase overall number of players! So I would say yes I agree to lose 20% of players (from stats only 10% of players have characters at level 80 or more), but gain 500% of new fresh players who want to have fun not boring farm. Read opinions about PoE - boring, farming game with no other things to do, not chellenging for even a dumb cow. You will leave the game Loreweaver but I will increase player base by my own 8 friends who could play this game but it is too boring to them. 1:8, good score in my opinion.

"
If you make maps easier than Merciless, people will hang out on Merciless for the drops and EXP and almost never map. Period. End of story.

End of talking with you. You are so dumb you didnt understand anything in my concept.

I will say it - I raged, because I F HATE when someone after 5th F PAGE OF DISSCUSSION still DONT F GET A SUBJECT IN ANY WAY. Its like talking to a stupid wall without any arguments only blind talking "haaaay i am a wall i will not move from here". So f annoying...
No, you're the one not thinking this through. You've decided that Merciless should be gated by difficulty; therefore, in your version of the game, Merciless mapping effectively does not exist.

What I'm saying is that instead of doing maps on Cruel, people will hang out in the (as you said) still-accessible Act 1 of Merciless, running areas until they discover that no matter how hard they try, you've increased the difficulty of the later areas to prevent them from playing the game. Then they will quit. I don't believe you that there's a half-dozen people who'll come in for every ARPG player who leaves; ARPG players want to play the damn game, necrokillaz. You won't be bringing in ARPG players.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
necrokillaz wrote:

1) I currently have 111 points spent on my main character. I do not think that I am extreme in this respect.

2) If your goal was to separate grind from challenge, why not make your "Merciless" give no XP and no drops? Every challenge in 1.3 has eventually been trivialized and farmed by specific builds, including Uber Atziri. The same has not happened (yet) to all 2.0 content, but possibly might. For a variety of reasons, it is a rather mediocre idea to give "Merciless" in your idea, which not all players would have access to or do, "much better XP and loot".

"
necrokillaz wrote:
Oooouuuu tell me about it? Rolled affixes like immunity for fire damage? You are so dumb you cant imagine REGULAR location with WAYPONT what also can have a rolled affixes or higher mobs level in range 1-5? What is so damn difficult to you to understand this SIMPLE AS F concept? Im not THROWING MAPS LOCATIONS out of the game only a damn "COLLEDT THE F KEY TO OPEN SPECIAL CONTENT" concept.

He (or she) is not dumb, he just doesn't like your concept. Neither do I. While it could be made work, I like maps better. People are not complaining about maps because maps are inherently bad, but because they cannot get access to them.

Calling people dumb because they do not like your concept is neither appropriate nor very mature.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Aug 2, 2015, 10:31:06 AM
"
Calling people dumb because they do not like your concept is neither appropriate nor very mature.

I didnt call he/she dump because he/she dont like my concept only because he/she was NOT understand what I was trying explain until now. That was annoying as hell.

"
2) If your goal was to separate grind from challenge, why not make your "Merciless" give no XP and no drops?

Because there have to be a "carrot" for players to make them play Merciless and this carrot is - additional EXP, additional difficulty, BEAUTIFULL POWERFUL ITEMS. In my concept when you will see 60lv character you will think "holy shit! respect man you have done almost impossible!".

"
What I'm saying is that instead of doing maps on Cruel, people will hang out in the (as you said) still-accessible Act 1 of Merciless, running areas until they discover that no matter how hard they try, you've increased the difficulty of the later areas to prevent them from playing the game.

Ok I understand THIS point. But you did not think about one - even now there are specific locations 33-35, 45-50 etc. Try to make level 60 and then get back and EXP in location 35. It will going so slow you will give up after some days. This same restrictions can by aplied to Merciless - you have locations in Act 1 from 45-47. If you will reach 48lv only in Act 1, doing 49lv in this same locations will take eternity. This is all about good set of EXP needed to get the next level and EXP rewards from minions, nothing more, so you care about things that are only a numbers.

"
you've increased the difficulty of the later areas to prevent them from playing the game.

Im not provent ANYONE from playing the later game in Merciless - you will have to find way to do it. Team up with players, find this one OP build what will let you play alone (with great gear you have to find in Cruel great passive tree etc.) or figure out the best possible tactic to deal with chellenges. This is the true point - THE BEST. Not common, accesible for every one farmer in game - THE BEST. And the "carrot" in this case is a drop rate - in mercilles chance to find rare 6L with perfect stats will be higher then in Cruel (lets say 0.0001%) but in endgame maps locations it will be 10%. So every 10th time you will go on Merciless map location YOU ARE GUARANTEED to drop a perfect item a rare or unique (and rare currency - exalt, mirror etc). This is the point why people will not stop in Act 1 Merciless - because map locations are opeing in Act 3 ;) And lets say maps locations will be so hard you need 4 houers to do it even with team. Wouldnt be this great? Go somewhere with 4 of your friend, give for 4 houers everything you have and even more to do one single location and at the end drop a 6L with very good stats or 2 exalt orbs?

My concept will even do very good things to actual currency system and prices on the market - because if Merciless Act 3 will have the greater chance to drop good currency and items, players will buy much more items on the market for their new characters, so prices will drop down and there will be much more of everything. There will be no more situation like -"hey? have you ever seen Mirror of Kalandra?" -"no, wtf is that?" -"dunno, I found it on wiki".
Last edited by necrokillaz on Aug 2, 2015, 12:15:34 PM
It's a terrible idea. I question how much you know about the game. Your characters range between 29 to 60. Have you even made it to merciless yet? Are you posting on an alternate account?

I think you and your 8 other friends aren't the typical PoE player. It's all just a guess but I can see myself and all 15 of my guild members leaving if they made it so that the farming stops at cruel unless you want to group up. I don't want to have to group up to experience the hardest content the game provides.

As was said in a previous post, people are not complaining about the maps but the availability of them. I am starting to run into that problem a bit myself. It's not very easy to keep a 74+ map pool to play with. The only thing that needs to happen to resolve that is to increase the drop rates of the higher maps a little bit.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
The only thing that needs to happen to resolve that is to increase the drop rates of the higher maps a little bit.

Yea... as I said before everyone want just farm, nothing more.

Well I give up. I'll say at end - I will support from now GGG in DECREASING drop rate of maps. Only because I hate brainless farmers :)

Thank your for your ignorance. Peace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info