Maps? Why we need this? Solution inside.

"
So you're trying to turn this into another MMO like WoW or RIFT, then?

I can agree with WoW (after every big update in WoW there always is boss what takes people months to learn how to do him - one of bosses from Mist of Pandaria was defeated for the first time in... last week!) but RIFT? Have you even play RIFT? RIFT endgame is basicly the same as PoE is - just go to 5 best dungeons and farm till you die in your chair. Yes I played WoW (and i hate this game) and I played RIFT. If you want to compare PoE with MMOs I will say its equall to Tibia or Silkroad for now and to be honest its was game what was created to "feel" like in Diablo 2 - well, no more feeling of that if you can faceroll everything.

"
many people would simply quit the game, and a large number of those that didn't would attempt to beat the content alone out of spite, and as you continually ramped up the difficulty in an attempt to beat them you'd drive more and more people away.

I will disagree with that. You can make max level in WoW in 3 days. Why WoW is still the most popular MMO in the world? Because its the only game where there IS something you can do in endgame and part of that are hyper-tough dungeons. As we all agree - endgame in PoE is - 1. go farm and get map pieces 2. go farm maps you have. There is NOTHING more. In WoW you will never be forced to farm anything - still the most popular MMO. Do you get it? Mayby my changes will force out 90% of "pros" who like to farm and they live for that but my changes would multiple total number of players at the end. I've got many friends I was trying to persuade to play PoE - the answer why they dont like it is: too easy, boring because you have to farm all the time this same locations and face the same enemies.

You want to play solo game? Go play Witcher, no online MMO based game.
I mean if you wanna copy D3 the game already exists.
"
necrokillaz wrote:
No. I like to discuss and present arguments. For now poeple who dissagree with this concept can say only "no because i like map system" or "no because we like endless farm" or "you dont know mechanic!!!!111oneoneone" or at last "no because if you have 90 points in tree you piss on everything in this game anyway". I'd like to read other, real arguments not a subiectives opinions depending on what someone like and what dont.

I think "no because I like maps" is a pretty valid argument. I like maps because they give me fun. This is a game, the goal of most games (to a large extent) is to have fun. I do not think your proposition would be much fun. At least not for me. I actually thought about something similar for a D2 mod I once made, but then ditched the idea.

I do want a challenging (and accessible) endgame, but I think this can be better created with maps. It should be possible for everyone to get to the end of the "normal" game which is the end of merciless.

I would not mind a fourth difficulty with no drops and no eperience gained though, where there are also no quest rewards. I know, however, that a lot of people would disagree.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
I mean if you wanna copy D3 the game already exists.

I never played D3. But if you want argue, PoE did copy already exist mechanism from many games - for example, your precius passive tree system is a copy of Ultima Online skill tree. If you want to play unique game with only unique system, go play EVE online - there is no second game like this in the universe :)

"
I do want a challenging (and accessible) endgame, but I think this can be better created with maps. It should be possible for everyone to get to the end of the "normal" game which is the end of merciless.

But WHAT is so enjoyable in "keys you need to open teleport to restricted locations"? :) Looking from aside this is nothing more then keys you need to open location. Just delete keys and let everyone enter these locations but make them much more harder. Wouldn this be more fun? ;) (and I even let everyone to do it in Cruel difficulty! Not only for 70+lv characters. In my opinions 45lv should be created as a endgame for this players, who want to play game alone and farm items, 60lv for the best ones who want achieve 'unachieveable' :D).
Last edited by necrokillaz on Jul 31, 2015, 12:18:54 PM
Actually, the skill tree was inspired by Final Fantasy X's Sphere Grid, and the skill gems by FFVII's Materia system.

Here's the thing: the only thing I see here is you attempting to force players to play together. I just want to relax and play by myself, sometimes, and if you think people couldn't do that in Diablo II all the way through Hell, you never played the damn game. You advise me to go play a different game if I want a solo play experience? That works both ways--you should go play WoW if you want a game that forces you to party up.

(not to mention forcing party play would make things even worse for those whose computers already strain to handle the graphical load from ONE character, let alone me taking my summoner character into a party and crashing everyone else's clients)
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Actually, the skill tree was inspired by Final Fantasy X's Sphere Grid, and the skill gems by FFVII's Materia system.

Heh and this is not bothering you? Anyways, Ultima is older then FF X ;)
"
necrokillaz wrote:
"

Heh and this is not bothering you? Anyways, Ultima is older then FF X ;)

Soooooo, are you going to respond to my other points or not?
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Well I already asnwered on almost every your point except this:

"
if you think people couldn't do that in Diablo II [playing solo] all the way through Hell, you never played the damn game.

Of course they were able but this was not a reason Diablo 2 become so popular legend - it was because of full customizable servers where players had possibility to increasing difficulty even more, increasing drop rates, where players were able to create their own content and at the end - where players had fun playing together with friends (I will remind you - even 5 yers ago there was more then a 1000 servers full of 8 players all the time). Sad fact is - standard, offline version of Diablo 2 was boring as f and if you create your opinion on it you havent played Diablo 2 ;)

EDIT:

Ooohhh and this:

"
(not to mention forcing party play would make things even worse for those whose computers already strain to handle the graphical load from ONE character, let alone me taking my summoner character into a party and crashing everyone else's clients)

I will answer only in this way - this game is looking worse then games from 2005 year. Dont blame mechanic only GGG optimalization skills.
Last edited by necrokillaz on Jul 31, 2015, 2:38:54 PM
The graphics in this game are fucked up, you can't even remove the fucking rain that cost like 20 fps with a bad computer. I currently can't play hardcore because of my fps when I do malachai or when Dominius uses his blood rain. Don't be a dumb because you have a good computer.
"
Don't be a dumb because you have a good computer.

I bought my computer in year 2008. It cost me 800 euro (~900$) and the specification is: Radeon 5850, AMD Phenom II 1055T, 4GB DDR3 1666Mhz CL7 (+ 1.5TB eco hard drive and 550W power supply). I have no problems with PoE (except desync and a moments with dischargers + good amount of minions + summoners + me - on one screen (but this is probably because I dont have SSD drive but eco HDD with low speed and tensity)) so I cant really imagine how shitty computer do you have if graphic crash for you when you play alone. Mayby its time for you to change that AMD Duron :)

Anyway this game is so poorly optimalized I'm not suprised GGG have no other games in their portfolio.
Last edited by necrokillaz on Jul 31, 2015, 5:57:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info