Mapping Changes NOT WORKING

Impossible to sustain = will dry out over time and will have to be replenished from the lower tiers (which are sustainable, and sometimes drop higher maps)
Last edited by BKJohnsen on Aug 11, 2020, 9:15:19 AM
You ran L78 before (Which I didn't anyway) and now you run L76 and sometimes + I the difference is not that great, except now you get the chance to play some reaaaly high maps.
I have to agree that the current system is not rewarding. I do not feel rewarded for rolling rare/chisels/sacrice etc on maps. I do not see any improvement in map drops from +50% quantity to +150% quantity.

I run all of my currency into my 75/76 maps that drop and I will be lucky to get a 73 map. I seem to have the same map drops just running random blue maps. It feels as though the rewards for increased quantity through difficult mods / chisels / sac pieces and all should be a lot more impactful on map drops. Like NOTICEABLY impactful.

I have enjoyed the changes to the mods in general, but the drops of the higher tiers is absolute garbage and killing my will to play this game. My RNG is notoriously bad. This effecting my ability to access content is very very discouraging.
Today I embarked on my first serious attempt to run 76/77 maps in 2.0. I died a bunch of times and lost a lot of exp, which I'm upset about but won't whine about here. What I WILL whine about here is that, after spending 2ex on a ton of 76 maps (new and legacy) and alching/chiseling them for 80+ quantity, I barely got anything in return.

Especially with tough map mods, bosses in 2.0 are wayyyyy to risky to reliably run. But I tried to kill as many as I could and still barely got crap in the way of maps from them.

Like the other posters here, my experience is purely anecdotal. But even swallowing my pride and trading for maps did not really help very much, and as I've said elsewhere I'm predicting a big spike in map prices as more and more people run into this scarcity issue.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
I do not have issue with progressing slowly through map tiers but it should be possible when you make the commitment. The problem I see is that you need wealth beyond what you can feasibly get from running a map to roll it. Unless you luck out on drops that you can sell, which will be harder and harder as leagues progress, you will eventually run out of currency to roll maps. Ever since I started rolling maps, my currency tab is barely keeping flat. I get a bit currency for occasional trades that barely have any impact on my overall wealth position.

In the past, you could choose the hard and expensive way, which was fast or you could go slower, safer and cheaper but it will take longer. This is no longer possible, I have to go all out with currency, difficulty and yet face risk that I will not progress further.

I have made a safety rule for myself to only progress to higher level maps if I have 20 of those available. It will take me at my pace another 3 weeks till Im able to run lvl74 maps as my baseline. Moreover, I will probably run into currency issues if I dont luck out in the mean time with a expensive drop to sell.
Rolling maps for high IIQ:

Extra chance for bosses to drop maps working as intended:

Guess how many +-1 maps dropped in total?

Spoiler
2x73
1x70

Endgame content hasn't been that much fun since the Atziri fragment grind!
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
map boss drops are so unrewarding
Well,

They wanted to make high maps rare - they did it.
They wanted to stop people getting lvl 100 fast - they did it.

In a very sucky way,affecting 99% people. 1% of rich people don't care.
You can now get high lvl maps and progress but you have to pay like 5ex(just a made up number) per lvl.
Its ok because you will get maybe 1ex in lvling to 90 (my expirience).

Increase currency drop rate so i can buy map and play game (bad way) or increase map drops so i can play game(good way).

I really don't mind having 1ex drop in 90 lvls, i don't mind having 1 decent unique drop in 90 lvls, i do mind being unable to play/see end game content/maps because of RNG.
Last edited by hobla on Jul 29, 2015, 10:49:34 AM
"
map boss drops are so unrewarding

Aren't all drops in this game pretty unrewarding? I'm not trying to be a fickle asshole...but seriously. 99% of the "fun" items I have that I really enjoyed, I had to trade for. I've never gotten a drop that I was excited for.

Someone is out there getting the "rewarding" drops and is having a lot of fun in the game.

Hopefully that will be me one day lol. 900 hours into the game and I'm still waiting for my "some day".

[Note: This would be a perfect time for a John Legend song to be playing in the background]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info