Mapping Changes NOT WORKING

"
PillersOfGod wrote:

I agree with alternative to mapping. But i spend all my currency alch/chisel everything. Run unidentified rare maps when they do drop. I will never see a lvl 80 in the current map drop system. I'll get to lvl 78 if im lucky then will go back to 75's. Itn't right if I alch every map and sustain 75's. 79/80/81 should be really hard to sustain. Not 76/77/78 is what im saying.

Well for me there is two points that I agree and like with the current map system.

1. The highest maps are really harder to get. Only a handful of players will get to thoses. I agree with that because, not everyone should be able to do the highest maps and get the best gear. It should be an achievement.

2. To get a little chance to have thoses maps drop you'll really need A LOT of currency to get the highest and hardest mods. Currency investement + Challengefull mods to overcome to pass to the next lvl.

I know there will be players who will not like this, some because they might not be able to overcome that challenge. But at the same time there will be a lot of players who will enjoy this difficulty added to the core game. And at the same time it is fair for more casual players since it's not giving any challenge in the mid-game but it's giving a challenge in the end game.

"
diablofdb wrote:
actually the changes on mapping worked for what it intended to do.

Wich is, making it harder to get the highest lvl map. and the Need to use a lot of currency to upgrad the map to have better odds.

It was the goal of that patch, and it achieved it pretty well. Now maybe you do not agree about this orientation that's another thing. I'm ok with it, I actually like the fact that I need to spend more currency and time to get the highest maps in the end. It's more work it's another challenge.

My opinion on that, I think the mapping system is ok as it is right now, what we could use is, other late game challenges. Something that doesn't involve mapping. Another mechanics that could give us an alternative choice. And having more choices is alway making a game a better play :)

said the guy who has 2 lvl ~40 characters. must be true
"
PillersOfGod wrote:
I agree with alternative to mapping. But i spend all my currency alch/chisel everything. Run unidentified rare maps when they do drop. I will never see a lvl 80 in the current map drop system. I'll get to lvl 78 if im lucky then will go back to 75's. Itn't right if I alch every map and sustain 75's. 79/80/81 should be really hard to sustain. Not 76/77/78 is what im saying.

This is similar to what I'm experiencing. Personally, I'm ok with this. Getting 79+ requires a lucky streak - totally unsustainable as they intended. I've only got a few 79+ maps. Most of the time I'm running 75/76, with occassional forays into 77/78.
"
naughty wrote:

Actually I have erased my high level characters as I ripped them because I rarely play softcore. And I've started a new :)

And at the same time, I'll let you know something about myself. I do enjoy making myself the Devil's Advocate while sharing opinion and idea. I do this because having both side of the coin is alway healty to any kind of disscussion, arguement or thread to progess and in the end finding idea and constructives solution.

One thing I've learned by doing so is, when you end facing someone who just react by being mad and pointing finger at you, or insulting you for having an oposite opinion. That person doesn't know or bring anything about what he's talking about. And if that person and many other can only end landing insult and being mad, well the their whole opinion is null and Void, same goes for what's in the title of the thread and the ideas behind it.
Spoiler

I roll my maps alched (I spend a chaos in extremely rare cases since you should only use a chaos on a map when you expect that the new rolls will be worth it (literally never (or maybe 81+), unless you can't run the map without it)) and I chisel the 76s.

I might be the chosen of RNG, or maybe only I see the people in threads like this who are extremely unlucky/ do not have enough mapping experience/ do not have enough sample size and just assume that life is terrible.

Feel free to prove me wrong, but I've been running rare maps even in 1.3 and I made currency just from selling my maps and I plan on doing this post 2.0 too.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
naughty wrote:

Actually I have erased my high level characters as I ripped them because I rarely play softcore. And I've started a new :)

And at the same time, I'll let you know something about myself. I do enjoy making myself the Devil's Advocate while sharing opinion and idea. I do this because having both side of the coin is alway healty to any kind of disscussion, arguement or thread to progess and in the end finding idea and constructives solution.

One thing I've learned by doing so is, when you end facing someone who just react by being mad and pointing finger at you, or insulting you for having an oposite opinion. That person doesn't know or bring anything about what he's talking about. And if that person and many other can only end landing insult and being mad, well the their whole opinion is null and Void, same goes for what's in the title of the thread and the ideas behind it.

you had allready "high level characters" on tempest but you deleted them all? sure bro :D
"
PillersOfGod wrote:
I know there will be players who will not like this, some because they might not be able to overcome that challenge. But at the same time there will be a lot of players who will enjoy this difficulty added to the core game. And at the same time it is fair for more casual players since it's not giving any challenge in the mid-game but it's giving a challenge in the end game.

Besides you, and you seem to just fool around, I know noone who really likes the new map drop system.

What you are saying is basically that you should see it as a challenge to get a Kaom's Heart or Shavs drop to you. Its not a challenge. Its RNG. What would be a challenge to me would be to run hard maps. But right now, the boss room in some maps is the only challenge. I even run physical reflect or dual reflect sometimes (as a Cyclone Marauder) to get some kind of challenge.

The biggest challenge right now is a) not get bored in level 74 maps and b) not die to lag. Lag seems to have become worse for me with the last patch BTW.

And I am not even extremely unlucky with map drops, I have run a bunch of 77s.

@KillerB can you say what those maps are? Don't recognise them all. I see a few level 75s and some 76s, are there 80+ in there too?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Jul 28, 2015, 7:04:39 PM
I run them up to lvl 80 (I keep these in another tab (total drop count for 80s is about 10-15) for the 81+ maps which I sell (dropped about 6 of these total since 2.0), you can't keep running 77+ maps constantly without spending idiotic amount of currency on it (or at least I have yet to concur otherwise), that is probably the line GGG created either knowingly or unknowingly.
Since GGG did want to delay the rate of an avg people reaching 100 I guess this was to be expected (well really avg people won't reach 100 anyway).
Anyone reaching level 100 is a 3-sigma outlier. So not average at all.

I don't have the goal of reaching level 100, my goal is to just have fun, and the current map system severely limits the fun I could have with this game.

If its impossible to sustain 77+, what do you actually do to get so many 80+ maps?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Anyone reaching level 100 is a 3-sigma outlier. So not average at all.

I don't have the goal of reaching level 100, my goal is to just have fun, and the current map system severely limits the fun I could have with this game.

If its impossible to sustain 77+, what do you actually do to get so many 80+ maps?

he sold his soul to satan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info