Remove Global chat from the game. It will greatly benefit GGG and players.

+1

Just remove it or start to really and I mean REALLY moderate global chat with HEAVY PUNISHMENTS for rule breakers such as never ending tide of global traders. Mutes are a joke for these scumbags who rather break rules than face the competition in /trade or offline tools. I report tens of global traders every time I play and sometimes I hardly manage to play at all due to all scumbags to report.
re:
"
start to really and I mean REALLY moderate global chat with HEAVY PUNISHMENTS for rule breakers
(and other related sentiments...)

---

They can't. Physically can't. It's like asking a kitten to lift a semi-truck. They don't have the time, the money, or the people to do so. There are too many #globals to have a at least one moderator sitting in all of them and far too many posts/second to read each one.

They have some power tools that automatically redflag posting urls and special words and a little bit of tech for detecting ban evasion and some other stuff like that, but nothing that is just going to blow your socks off and make this into an issue of GGG 'not caring enough'.

And keep in mind, this is the same Support that is also moderating the forums, handling support@gg inquiries, and doing things like changing character names and finding people's lost microtransactions.
"
pneuma wrote:
re:
"
start to really and I mean REALLY moderate global chat with HEAVY PUNISHMENTS for rule breakers
(and other related sentiments...)

---

They can't. Physically can't. It's like asking a kitten to lift a semi-truck. They don't have the time, the money, or the people to do so. There are too many #globals to have a at least one moderator sitting in all of them and far too many posts/second to read each one.

They have some power tools that automatically redflag posting urls and special words and a little bit of tech for detecting ban evasion and some other stuff like that, but nothing that is just going to blow your socks off and make this into an issue of GGG 'not caring enough'.

And keep in mind, this is the same Support that is also moderating the forums, handling support@gg inquiries, and doing things like changing character names and finding people's lost microtransactions.

That is most likely true. Easy way to solve the problem is to make punishments severe enough that people think thrice breaking the rules. "a guildmate of mine got banned for week for trading on global, should I post my awesome(not) item on trade instead or take the risk?"
"
Ceri wrote:
Well, for starters: how would people talk to eachother? If you remove global they would just go to trade chat and continue there. And their experience would be even worse since that is also full of constant trade spam. Then what, remove trade chat too and direct people to the forums?

You can't simply remove the option for people to chat with eachother. It's a fundamental feature of any multiplayer game, like it or not.

Local chat? Trade chat? Party chat? Whispers?

Not even World of Warcraft had a global chat. Local chat per zones, perhaps, and a short-ranged chat for characters near each other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info