Remove Global chat from the game. It will greatly benefit GGG and players.

TheVibeOfDeath..

You ever considered that some vibes should not be spread?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Public parties would be a good way to give away items like that, and also would be a good place for new players to find help in-game.

No, it wouldn't be!

I'm the one giving away free items, and I want it to be as easy as possible (or I won't bother). Public parties suffer exactly the same problems as the forum, that it is too cumbersome!

For some reason, you've become mad at the public chat, and refuse to even consider the fact that quite a lot of players find it useful.

You're just wrong since it is useful... If other people find it useful, then it is useful, and your arguments that it isn't doesn't matter even one tiny little bit.
Why don't you just ignore it, and let those who find it useful use it?

I never said it wasn't useful, but for the most part it's being used for the wrong things.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
I never said it wasn't useful, but for the most part it's being used for the wrong things.

You must be looking at another game then...

I just followed global for ~10 minutes....
Some people asking for PC's, which is fine.
A lot of people asking questions about the game, which is fine.
Some bragging with finds, which is fine.
A few trade requests which is not so fine, but only a handful.

No hate speech, no spamming, no name-calling...
At times this does happen, but not very often. My guess is less than 10%...
Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 28, 2015, 6:02:32 PM
In my opinion global needs to be moderated properly. I laugh at some good trolling as much as anyone else, but there are limits to what should be allowed... and I see those limits breached every day. I've reported and ignored countless people, yet there seems to be an endless stream of idiots who aren't playing to have fun themselves, but rather to ruin someone else's fun by putting their hate speech or other disturbing thoughts into global chat.

It's pretty much as bad as anywhere on the internet. In my opinion though, it should be expected that in a controlled environment such as an online game chat, moderation will create a more friendly chat environment than "anywhere on the internet". It's sad that this is currently not the case in PoE.
"
"
Caridor wrote:
"

I've spent a lot of time guiding new players in their journey with Path of Exile, helped them get information and items as well as taking the time to explain in depth details on why something they tried didn't work or how they could get it to work, yet you are implying I'm about my personal tastes? Over half my friends list is new players I told to add me for when they need help or have questions...

Furthermore, you are making this about you, asking why you shouldn't be able to talk in Global. My suggestion was made because Global chat is not helping players, especially new ones, have a good experience while playing the game. I for one know how hateful people online can be, and Global chat is honestly out of place in this game anymore.

It would be good for GGG to reduce the number of places people can have bad experiences.

Citation needed on helping people.

And yes, I am making it about me AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO ENJOYS TALKING IN GLOBAL!
You have once again, refused to answer why me and people like me, should be denied something we find fun.
Personally, I find it to be one of the things keeping me playing. It's helping me have a good experience while playing the game.

I really don't want to bother them to confirm I've helped them just because you don't believe me...

Also, I feel removing Global chat for people who enjoy it would be similar to nerfing certain builds people enjoy. In the end if it's better for the game as a whole I believe it's a good choice, assuming GGG sticks to their core values, which I'm sure they would.

It's not "want", it's "can't".

But the reason they nerf builds is for the sake of the economy. If a build is too good, people can farm too quickly and easily and the economy goes out of whack. Your logic would only make sense if they were doing it to screw people over.

Allow me to reword your suggestion, without changing it's meaning whatsoever "Let's stop people having fun because I don't like it!" or, if you want to reword it in an imaginary universe where your helping people reason wasn't the most see through lie ever told by man "Let's stop people having fun because they prefer to chat rather than answer the constant incessant question of newbies who don't know what google is"
It is not about disabling global chat, it is about having a few mods that just mute freaks. Done.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Literally, the only thing that kept me at this game is the global chat, the unmoderated fest of topics that you don't discuss shouted at each other in the hole we call SC global 1. I can almost get away with anything because the like minded players gathered there, and we insult each other all day and guess what, no one gets mad at the other, because most of us understand that what is the global 1 community about, to let off steam and boast. The ones that do get mad do leave for another channel (2,3,4), also specific groups gather at different spots (820, 5500, etc) and they have their own chat rules (since a chat is made up by the community it's rules can be upheld by the community too).

Now even if you were to say, global 1 is exactly the reason why it should be removed I still say, just make the goddamn help channel where people go first, I want to talk with people, you know, not only about the game, but random stuff, having a community that you can just watch and it entertains you surely does not decrease the degree of your enjoyment, especially if you have the means to get rid of it with one simple click.

I do however support that newbies, should not get thrown into global 1, or otherwise flammatory channels. Poor poor souls who met the dark side of the internet too soon.
I support this suggestion, global is useless anyway - unmoderated and rarely relevant to the game, just an endless flood of trading and "pc".

Removing it would make people actually trade in trade chat and cut down on the amount of moderation that would have to be done (because GGG can't handle it as it is).
I liked global chat as it was in Diablo 2. Outside the game/inside the character selection or "HUB" area, rather than in actual gameplay.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

I have the feeling you dont really want to remove global, but rather want global to be all warm feels and encouragement and people giving bad/out leveled gear to people with even crappier gear. This would be great, but not at the cost of censoring everytthing that isnt that; And I am sure you have used global for things that arnt that.

So +1 to ?help channel, for those things.
Hey...is this thing on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info