[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

Is there any reason to go added fire support to cyclone vs another elemental support? Thanks, nice guide =)
what should my tooltip dps look like when i level 80 ish?
"
Zietlogik wrote:
Is there a way to stop Cyclone from carrying momentum / animating for so long sometimes? It feels really inconsistent (sometimes it spins for a short time, sometimes a long time) and has almost killed me a few times because it will be just moving itself in a direction and preventing me from getting out of harmful spells or areas.

Your problem is based on how Cyclone works; Cyclone travels to where your cursor is when you press the skill. Assuming its on right click and I right click in the top corner of my screen, I'll pay the mana cost once and travel there without being able to stop.

The best thing you can really do is to keep the Cursor on your character's feet to keep in as much control as possible, only problem is now you're paying the mana cost a bunch of times relatively quickly because each time you 'change' direction you're paying it again.

Also; @LiftingNerdBro

You've made no mention in build on what order you should spend your ascendency points for the Juggernaut. Int he build video you mention the Champion's order but nothing for the Juggernaut, either in video or build.

My thoughts on the matter are from Normal to pick up Unstoppable.
Followed by Unyielding for the Fortify effect from normal.
Merciless and Uber would be picking up Unflinching and Unrelenting.

Hear me out on my reasoning for Unstoppable over Unyielding first off though.

My thoughts are that picking up Unstoppable will just in general improve your cyclone speed.

Let's assume you've got the node which removes the move speed penalty from armor and no movement speed on your boots. When you cyclone you move at 70% Speed because of the cyclone movement speed penalty.

If you pick up Unstoppable though; you're effectively increasing your cyclone movement speed by 20%. Because from then on when you Cyclone it'll remove the bonus from the ascendancy itself but WON'T reduce you below 100%.

Full speed cyclone. Aw yeah!
"
codeman73 wrote:
I'm a newb trying out this build. I'm lvl 34. We got a respec recently, I dunnot if it's because the big new patch or something. But I've reset all my skills, trying to follow this, and now I have items that require dex/Int. In my first build, where I obviously didn't know what I was doing, but I took some skills that gave Dex/Int because I needed them for my items or gems.

So where do you get Dex/Int with this build?

I don't even know some of the things you were referring to, like Champion or Juggernaut Ascendancy, so maybe I shouldn't have done this respec. But the respec thing said it would go away if I used any passive skills, so I had like 8 unused and I feel like that was making me struggle.

I'm in Act 3, Sarn, in some temple, being attacked by tapestries.

The Dex/Int you need, you'll usually pickup from gear.

If you are short on Dex/Int, you could try crafting some on your gear, assuming you have a Hideout.

If you don't have access to a Hideout, check on Poe.Trade for some cheap gear with Dex/Int.
"
danielwow12 wrote:
Is there any reason to go added fire support to cyclone vs another elemental support? Thanks, nice guide =)

Added Fire Damage scales with Physical Damage. So if we increase our Physical damage, our Fire Damage goes up. Same with Hatred. The other added element support don't scale.
Cyclone or Earthquake for a casual mostly solo self-found player? Trying to finally get past low level maps in this league. The skill tree starts the same for both builds for the duelist, but eventually starts to vary. Are both equally good for a "beginner"?
What flasks are you using in 2.5?
Running Champ Cyclone as detailed in the guide.
Currently lvl 47

When can do you get enough mana to sustain cyclone?
I currently have it on a 4 link with warlords mark + blasphemy but I cant leech enough mana against singleton mobs

"
Crissae wrote:
Running Champ Cyclone as detailed in the guide.
Currently lvl 47

When can do you get enough mana to sustain cyclone?
I currently have it on a 4 link with warlords mark + blasphemy but I cant leech enough mana against singleton mobs

You can pick up mana leech on jewels, gear, or pick up the Spirit Void nodes. I just picked up the those nodes and started repecing one at a time while maintaining leech. Hope that helps man.
On my command, unleash hell.
Yeah the Spirit Void nodes are only 1 click away at the bottom of the tree. It is probably worth spending to get there until later when you have found some mana leech gear or have enough mana to not worry about needing a flask hit so often. At that point respec out of it.
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info