[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

good build
Last edited by 2talt on Dec 13, 2016, 1:26:01 PM
Have a question about weapons for the build.

I'm currently using Uul-Netol's Embrace Vaal Axe, and it has been awesome. Looking at this guide, and other guides, it seems like the general wisdom is that Atziri's Disfavor is the best weapon to be using. How much better is it than what I'm using. I don't have the game mechanics knowledge to properly evaluate how good "+2 to support gems" is, or how much of a difference the attack speed boost makes. I do see that my current weapon has a higher damage range than Atziri's Disfavor, not sure how much that balances with +2 supports and speed.

Would Atziri's Disfavor be a HUGE upgrade, or a minor upgrade?

Also, something else I wanted to ask. Is there any trick I can do to kill high HP Hexproof mobs? When I encounter one I usually just move on because I get a couple of hits in and then I have to wait for mana, which makes killing them take ages.
New Player here, and first off I love this build. My question is that I looked on the forums and saw where to get the Fortify support gem and what quest I had to do to obtain it. I did the quest but when I got to the vendor she didn't have the gem. Is there something that I missed that's glaringly obvious? Thanks
"
Goliath03 wrote:
New Player here, and first off I love this build. My question is that I looked on the forums and saw where to get the Fortify support gem and what quest I had to do to obtain it. I did the quest but when I got to the vendor she didn't have the gem. Is there something that I missed that's glaringly obvious? Thanks

Shouldn't be. Just to confirm, you've completed A Fixture of Fate, and are checking in A3?
Ahhhh, I read that I was supposed to do a different quest, but thank you I've got it!
"
Mezh wrote:
Hi, i use your build for the new league, it works great but i have a question.
I followed your defensive gem setup
"
Defensive Setup:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 13), Immortal Call (lvl 15), Molten Shell (lvl 17 ) & Increased Duration (max level)

Molten shell works well with CWDT but Immortal call dont seem to work, did i have to cast it manually?
I followed your gem level requirements so i dont understand what is wrong

Edit: Works well finally, i just didn't know the golden explosion was Immortal call and the buff is so short can't saw it, my bad

Yeah, that's why increased duration is imperative.
Last edited by Jester522 on Dec 14, 2016, 12:14:06 PM
"
hfxRos wrote:
Have a question about weapons for the build.

I'm currently using Uul-Netol's Embrace Vaal Axe, and it has been awesome. Looking at this guide, and other guides, it seems like the general wisdom is that Atziri's Disfavor is the best weapon to be using. How much better is it than what I'm using. I don't have the game mechanics knowledge to properly evaluate how good "+2 to support gems" is, or how much of a difference the attack speed boost makes. I do see that my current weapon has a higher damage range than Atziri's Disfavor, not sure how much that balances with +2 supports and speed.

Would Atziri's Disfavor be a HUGE upgrade, or a minor upgrade?

Disfavor is s big upgrade. The attack speed bonus gives you a lot more damage. But it is ridiculously expensive unless you're lucky enough to have it drop. Kaom's Primacy is probably the next best weapon and it is very inexpensive. obtainable for most players.
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
"
Disfavor is s big upgrade. The attack speed bonus gives you a lot more damage. But it is ridiculously expensive unless you're lucky enough to have it drop. Kaom's Primacy is probably the next best weapon and it is very inexpensive. obtainable for most players.

I was using a kaom's primacy and switched the new Uul-Netol breach axe and found that my damage went up significantly. I can afford an Atziri's Disfavor (my luck this league has been filthy), just wanted to make sure it was enough of an upgrade to be worth it.

Here's my gear, I have a guardian friend providing me with all auras so I need to deal damage, but my single target is beyond abysmal. Would going for Ngahamu's and Xoph's help in that?
Has the skill tree changed since this was done? Specifically, I'm looking for the Juggernaut ascendancy skills since I just completed the Lord's Labyrinth. In the linked skill tree for juggernaut with ascendancy, there's a group of red dots where the ascendancy points are currently on my tree. Or is it written down somewhere which juggernaut skills to take?

I just completed the game on normal for the first time so still very much a newb. I don't get half these references and acronyms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info