Backup Plans If PoE Ever Shuts down?

probably nothing, we will get a few shitty private servers that will lag when more than 5 people are online.
"
Maedrath wrote:
GGG creates a new game to eventually replace PoE?

PoE in space! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
incanous wrote:
probably nothing, we will get a few shitty private servers that will lag when more than 5 people are online.

Depends on what's running the server. If a decent machine is running it than it would probably work pretty well.
"
When lineage eternal and lost ark releases, there will be no POE left, sad but true.

The only time that the statement "______ is being released and when it is released poe will be dead" came even potentially close to being true was before d3 released, and then d3 released.

Anyway, I'll just answer this hypothetical as if I were GGG. If I were GGG I'd allocate the remaining funds to developing an offline version of the game. Or I'd start a new "supporter pack" kind of deal where an offline and moddable version of the game is developed.
Last edited by Septile on Jul 29, 2015, 1:27:28 PM
Cry in the corner
That actually made me wonder whether GGG have any plans at all for side projects or another game?

They've said before that they would never release the server code, even if PoE died and the official servers disappeared. The game would just disappear. I can't be the only person who remembers reading this years ago.
"
Tr3Angel wrote:
They planned 10 years (10 acts) before they even released the game. And by now it is a lot more succesful than expected.

Right..i don't think we're still on track for that, we're at 4 acts and they started working on the game in what, 06-07?

10/10 is just not gonna happen. Even at that rate by the time the tenth would come out I think the core game would feel really, really dated.

AFAIK that is still the plan though

I want a PoE 2 and not in 17 years :/
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
b_ko wrote:
They've said before that they would never release the server code, even if PoE died and the official servers disappeared. The game would just disappear. I can't be the only person who remembers reading this years ago.

Could you post a link to where they said that? I didn't know they said anything on this subject. I thought maybe they were just unaware of what having PoE require a constant connection in the long term. Did they also state why they decided against releasing the source code if PoE died?
Last edited by DementedKumquat on Jul 30, 2015, 1:27:34 AM
"
"
Septile wrote:
"
When lineage eternal and lost ark releases, there will be no POE left, sad but true.

The only time that the statement "______ is being released and when it is released poe will be dead" came even potentially close to being true was before d3 released, and then d3 released.

Anyway, I'll just answer this hypothetical as if I were GGG. If I were GGG I'd allocate the remaining funds to developing an offline version of the game. Or I'd start a new "supporter pack" kind of deal where an offline and moddable version of the game is developed.

Both games are Korean and WILL be pay to win. Ignore the folks ooze-drooling over the trailers and gameplay. The hard reality of the insidious financial model inherent to the korean MMO/ARPG would either stop them dead in their tracks OR suck them right in.

Neither is a threat to PoE.

___

As a casual gamer, I wouldn't mind if The Awakening were the last thing we saw of PoE and GGG got on with making something far superior using what they've learned. I can play all sorts of things in the meantime.

As a hardcore supporter, I know that's not financially viable, and so hope that PoE has years left in her.

I would be all for a new and improved PoE 2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info