Backup Plans If PoE Ever Shuts down?

"
Caridor wrote:
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
if servers die, i maybe get a life.

We're all probably allergic. We'd die of shock.

Last time I went out , my FPS dropped to 1 - not doing the same mistake again .
R.I.P 4.B.
Stop gaming forever. I was about to quit all together when I found PoE. Blizzard burned me with WoW and D3, then I stumbled on to this.

These days games feel like hybrids of each other, only with different graphics. I tried a moba since they're a new game type. I found it to slow for my taste. The grind is horrible for such small rewards.

So I guess the real answer to OP's question is learn to be the middle aged man I am.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
I think the intent was not for our personal plans, but to ask if GGG has one. I'm sure they do. I'm just as sure that they won't be revealing it to anyone at any time.

They would likely sell the rights to Garena... and might already have contracts in place to that effect. This is pure speculation, but is consistent with how other games (Hellgate:London and Sacred 2) closed up shop.

Regardless of how it works out... it will "really suck".
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 28, 2015, 9:22:04 AM
"
"
Ehhh... I just joined POE 2 weeks ago, liked the game and would like to spend more money. Is the game in any sort of trouble? How long will the game last?

No PoE isn't in any trouble. As far as I know it's doing rather well seeing as PoE is into it's second expansion. I just wanted to ask if GGG has any backup plans if they ever have to shutdown their servers Hypothetically.

Technically, Awakening is the fourth if you consider the addition of Act 3 in late closed/early open beta. (I don't remember which, I didn't play back then - regrettably - however I've read some stuff on it since I started.)

Sacrifice and Forsaken Masters are more akin to DLC, sure, but they're considered expansions.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
When lineage eternal and lost ark releases, there will be no POE left, sad but true.
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
"
When lineage eternal and lost ark releases, there will be no POE left, sad but true.

Yeah, that's not going to happen unless both of those games are very, very different to how their publicity portrays them.

Lineage Eternal is showing absolutely no signs of actually coming out, and appears to be designed for mobile anyway. At this point no-one even knows if it's an MMO or an ARPG. So that's some fantasyland stuff.

Lost Ark is pretty, but is a totally different kind of ARPG to PoE, and historically, Korean ARPGs have not done well in the West. It will be some competition for D3, but unless the actual game is totally different to what we've seen, it's not competition to PoE.
Lost Ark does have potential to be a truly great ARPG. However, we have not heard much from the developers in a long period of time and have no idea what the window for release is. From a production standpoint it is superior to PoE but PoE has got the core of the game down so well now with 2.0 that it's going to be hard for another ARPG to come in and get the same level of addiction out its players. The item hunt in this game, with the addition of jewels and divination cards, has become so so so good which really is what you want out of this genre.

We'll see. I love this genre so Im rooting for all companies that want to break in and make a good game. GGG just happens to have a great team of dedicated individuals. Hopefully they get a funding to keep the game up to date for years to come!
We took a lot of pro gamers and tuned the content to the point where they thought it was challenging... then we doubled it. - Jay Wilson
GGG creates a new game to eventually replace PoE?
They planned 10 years (10 acts) before they even released the game. And by now it is a lot more succesful than expected.
Last edited by Tr3Angel on Jul 28, 2015, 5:39:10 PM
"
Does GGG have any backup plans for PoE if they ever had to shutdown their servers? I was concerned about this since PoE is online and I would be pretty saddened if this ever occurred. This is a hypothetical doomsday scenario, I wish GGG the best with PoE and hope that this never happens. This is just some food for thought. It really sucked when other online games like City of Heroes and Shadowbane were shutdown and there was no way to play them after the fact.

considering poe success, id be expecting for poe 2 to be released before poe shuts down, and considering ggg said they will try to release 10 acts, i think poe will stay alive for at least 10 more years
Last edited by Aetherium on Jul 28, 2015, 5:55:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info