Backup Plans If PoE Ever Shuts down?

Can always play Diablo 3! If that garbage pile wasn't shut down by now, it's gonna go on forever!
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Drugs, all the drugs. See what happens when you do them all at once. Lol, but really, I'd probably go play some other ARPG, maybe WoW or Runescape, but most likely this korean on called Lost Ark which looks insane. It should be coming out late this year.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Ehhh... I just joined POE 2 weeks ago, liked the game and would like to spend more money. Is the game in any sort of trouble? How long will the game last?
"
Ehhh... I just joined POE 2 weeks ago, liked the game and would like to spend more money. Is the game in any sort of trouble? How long will the game last?

It should last for a while to come, but everything comes to an end.
"
Caridor wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Nothing lasts forever. I think GGG are in a good place though, I wouldn't worry about that happening for many years.

The Grand Chase community thought the same thing.

Too soon
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Women

Spoiler
Exiles... Pftoo
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"

No PoE isn't in any trouble. As far as I know it's doing rather well seeing as PoE is into it's second expansion. I just wanted to ask if GGG has any backup plans if they ever have to shutdown their servers Hypothetically.
Last edited by DementedKumquat on Jul 28, 2015, 1:10:57 AM
The OP will ensure that PoE will last till his pension/death ?

Like other said everything will come to an end but currently it looks good.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 28, 2015, 2:35:53 AM
"

GGG is still hiring staff (in Auckland, NZ), and just moved to expanded, new offices. Also, Chris Wilson stated that the plan is to keep PoE going for at least ten years (from open release, I guess), so, no, I dun think PoE is in any trouble. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
gandhar0 wrote:
The OP will ensure that PoE will last till his pension/death ?

Like other said everything will come to an end but currently it looks good.

Everything will come to an end, but that does not have to be before the end of everything.
Diablo II has reached its end, if you will, but you can still play it or mods.
The end of PoE would be artificial if it was only caused by server shutdown. PoE could live on for as long as there are computers, if GGG decide to release the server (or someone reverse engineers it) when they are no longer interested in maintaining it.
I think that was OPs question - would GGG release a standalone version if one day they (had to) decide to shut down the servers.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info