Backup Plans If PoE Ever Shuts down?

Does GGG have any backup plans for PoE if they ever had to shutdown their servers? I was concerned about this since PoE is online and I would be pretty saddened if this ever occurred. This is a hypothetical doomsday scenario, I wish GGG the best with PoE and hope that this never happens. This is just some food for thought. It really sucked when other online games like City of Heroes and Shadowbane were shutdown and there was no way to play them after the fact.
I have 22 games un downloaded in my steam account I've bought since playing PoE. Got them on "hot deals" for like $5-$15 ea. Guess I could find something :P
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 27, 2015, 8:17:28 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I have 22 games un downloaded in my steam account I've bought since playing PoE. Got them on "hot deals" for like $5-$15 ea. Guess I could find something :P

You're set! Congrats! But I think the question was for GGG.
Nothing lasts forever. I think GGG are in a good place though, I wouldn't worry about that happening for many years.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
Nothing lasts forever. I think GGG are in a good place though, I wouldn't worry about that happening for many years.

The Grand Chase community thought the same thing.
If it ever came to that, I have a sneaking suspicion that GGG would find a way to release a server/client version of the game into the ether so that the game may live on forever.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
if servers die, i maybe get a life.
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

We're all probably allergic. We'd die of shock.
"
Caridor wrote:
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

We're all probably allergic. We'd die of shock.

Just take Chaos Inoculation, you'll be fine.
I stuck a pre-2.0 gggpk on an external harddrive just incase about 10 years from now people are running private hackjob servers like people do with pre-cata WoW.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info