A poll on "easy to implement" features players are waiting for [Infographic & RESULTS inside]

Auction house. every thing else can go on the back burner.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Caridor wrote:
Easy to implement feature: Hud modification.

I'm talking purely aesthetic changes to the images that are displayed around your globes and skill bars. Heck, make it a microtransaction if you have to.

I mean, seriously, this isn't even a feature, just a modification to the rules saying "You may edit these files and only these ones."

If you want to talk about features, how about hud scaling?

Noooo, globe girl discussion in my favourite GD thread!

Forums are literally unreadable now and I'm making a Reddit account >:(

In all seriousness, switchable HUDs have been discussed as maybe a cool feature, but there's otherwise no news on that front. The existing threads about them are generally awful though.

Can you elaborate on the technical problems with implementing such a thing?
My understanding is that it could be implemented with literally two lines of code (something like "hud_1_display=true" "hud_2_display=false" (I don't code but you get the idea)) and I'm guessing the fact it hasn't be implemented when a good chunk of people seem to want it, means it's a good deal more complicated than that?

And if the forums are unreadable, then our plan is working!

#occupyPOEforums
Last edited by Caridor on Jul 28, 2015, 1:24:32 PM
"
Caridor wrote:
My understanding is that it could be implemented with literally two lines of code (something like "hud_1_display=true" "hud_2_display=false" (I don't code but you get the idea)) and I'm guessing the fact it hasn't be implemented when a good chunk of people seem to want it, means it's a good deal more complicated than that?

I'm not a programmer either, sorry.

"
Caridor wrote:
And if the forums are unreadable, then our plan is working!

#occupyPOEforums

I know this is a joke, but having read all of those threads I would greatly prefer that their kind of posting did not spill into others.

All in all I do not think that I would read an infographic regarding the HUD changes. That's really what this thread is all about - appreciating avant-garde graphical presentations of data.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Caridor wrote:

I'm not a programmer either, sorry.

I'm a professional programmer and can verify that this bit of code will indeed display the old HUD. In fact, you're lucky this forum does proper escaping of code otherwise we'd all be seeing it on our computers right now. You should really be careful where you post that. One time a financial institution's sql query got injected with hud_1_display=true and naked chained-up ladies started appearing on all the customers' account statements.
Is there any chance of ever having a separate inventory (purse?) for currency pickups or a way of designating the bottom row of the inventory specifically for currency/single slot items?
Constantly playing inventory Tetris because currency/maps/gems get stacked automatically top-to-bottom and left-to-right is at best a constantly tedious exercise.
Please, for the sake of my sanity.
Wow... this is AMAZING.

So many GREAT ideas. How about an exit at the end of corrupted zones? Cross-Zone trading? Shining light and angels coming down whenever an exalt/eternal/mirrior drops. Seriously...

GGG should really look into this, half of the suggestions is a MUST.

Good luck!
"
Polypropylen wrote:
It's amazing that 90% of the requested improvements exist since PoE went out of Beta and they still are neither implemented, commented on being planned nor commented on not to be done.

That's what is the thread about!
The feature to draw or affct on the tree has been asked since the time forum threads had only 5 digits https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15173

"
I'm surprised I got a special mention in the image suggestion thing OT made.

Another thing I was curious to why didn't implement yet is Tab for Chats. At least IMO having Chats for each of the types of chat would help alot with players not having to scroll through large walls of text. As it'll help alot on organizing Global,Local,PMs,Guild,Trade...

You didn't, i started saving names for each suggestion but it was annoying so i stoped, only few players got their names on it.

@GGG: could you include the poll in the announcement? We need more votes
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1365869 Announcement Infographic
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1382084 Next Expansion Prophecy
Last edited by Forum_scanner on Jul 30, 2015, 8:19:26 AM
time stamp next to messages.

I cant believe this didn't come with the game originally.

We have a ingame clock, but can't see what time a message was received.
"
Forum_scanner wrote:
"
Polypropylen wrote:
It's amazing that 90% of the requested improvements exist since PoE went out of Beta and they still are neither implemented, commented on being planned nor commented on not to be done.

That's what is the thread about!
The feature to draw or affct on the tree has been asked since the time forum threads had only 5 digits https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15173
GGG don't have time for this, they are too busy developing Act IV... oh wait...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Humorous! Love it
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info