A poll on "easy to implement" features players are waiting for [Infographic & RESULTS inside]

your infographic gave me eyecancer.
*hint* excel *hint*
"
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I'm just in awe of this infographic right now.

That thing is spellbinding.

Reminds me of CGA graphics.

Choose your graphics...
1. CGA 4 color
2. CGA 8 color
3. EGA
4. VGA 16 color
5. VGA 32 color

Ah the joys of DOS 2.11-5 games. Half the time your screen would go black for choosing the wrong or incompatible setting.

Calibrate your joy stick...
Fuck this. WASD was your friend.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
The infographic... Made my eyes bleed a little, I'll admit.

Still, it's a good listing. A lot of them I'd like to see, even if a few aren't really practical.
"
Choose your graphics...
1. CGA 4 color
2. CGA 8 color
3. EGA
4. VGA 16 color
5. VGA 32 color

I never recalled ever seeing #2 or #5... And I've dabbled a decent bit into programming old DOS stuff.

VGA's 16-color mode (Mode 12h, if memory serves) was at 640x480, which seemed to be such a weird scale for so few colors... I never really liked anything beyond VGA/MCGA's most-popular 320*2xx 256-color modes. (be it 13h, X, Y, or any other mode)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
It feels like I'm back on AOL circa 1994.
"
I love how this thread is now forever tagged with the golden seal of GGG approval just because Dan commented on the infographic...

If the poll results are posted in infographic form it will also have my eternal love. I'm not even kidding.

In any case, I don't really have much to contribute to this or most suggestion threads.

This is usually because what's valuable to us is the sentiment behind the feedback rather than the proposed solution.

There are a few reasons why this can be the case. One is if the issue stems from an imperfect solution to another problem. You can easily just be trading one downside for another.

Other times, the solution is infeasible with our current resources, or we have other things that take priority even if we want to do it. Restrictions breed creative solutions, but they can still spend a lot of time restricting us before that happens.

There's also the common conflict of interest whereby everyone suggests the solution that best meets their own goals. Conflicts arise when our goals don't meet those of the suggester - implementing everyone's solutions at once can just break other things.

Or it could just be that it needs more thought than my off-the-cuff ramblings before a response should be given.

There are also the kind of threads in which we're asked for comments that won't be believed, on topics that aren't relevant, to use against people who were never involved. I don't know where to begin with those.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
ACGIFT wrote:
The infographic... Made my eyes bleed a little, I'll admit.

Still, it's a good listing. A lot of them I'd like to see, even if a few aren't really practical.
"
Choose your graphics...
1. CGA 4 color
2. CGA 8 color
3. EGA
4. VGA 16 color
5. VGA 32 color

I never recalled ever seeing #2 or #5... And I've dabbled a decent bit into programming old DOS stuff.

VGA's 16-color mode (Mode 12h, if memory serves) was at 640x480, which seemed to be such a weird scale for so few colors... I never really liked anything beyond VGA/MCGA's most-popular 320*2xx 256-color modes. (be it 13h, X, Y, or any other mode)

My memory is real fuzzy regarding video settings from 25-30 years ago. There probably wasn't those two modes.

My first computer was a Tandy 1000 hx. Some games i could play in VGA or EGA but most were still in CGA. My biggest frustration was i only had a 3 1/2" floppy. Most pc games at that time were still in 5 1/4".

I didn't upgrade anything on the pc. I just replaced it when Intel released the 386 processors. I think Windows 3.1 was on it. I was so mad i couldn't play most of my old games anymore since games back then were dependant on the runtime of the processor.

So much learning back then.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
>=o

The sentiments behind my feedback are mine. They have...sentimental value to me - hands off.
is this old?

some features requested are already in game

also yeah, reminds me of the times of dial-up
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 27, 2015, 11:31:18 AM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

If the poll results are posted in infographic form it will also have my eternal love. I'm not even kidding.

I am on it!
It might be a good moment for some of you to show us how infographics are done
*cough* rushjo *cough* (not kidding go for it)

"
Dan_GGG wrote:

There are also the kind of threads in which we're asked for comments that won't be believed, on topics that aren't relevant, to use against people who were never involved. I don't know where to begin with those.

Tell us more..? -Not now. let's wait for final results (well as you want)

First results when i am writing this comment:
POLL 1
Leading
1) Search function (SKILL TREE)
2) Show Attributes from tree
3) UNSTACK ITEMS AT VENDOR
4) Offline messages

I wish you voted more for Fishing with dynamite

I will explain some choices:
"SKILL/TREE FEATURES (5) ASSIGN SKILLS" => means assigning keyboard keys/ mouse
"SKILL/TREE FEATURES (3) DRAW" => means drawing as in Okami game

POLL 2
Leading
1) ingame poe.trade
2) All level 8 masters in hideout
3) RECLAIM ALL MTX!
4) SCROLL & PORTAL scrolls AUTOPICKUP.

I wish BATTLE PROTOCOL choice makes it aswell

It's "ANIMATE + Summon features" and not ANI*A*MATE + Summon features. (ANIMATE GUARDIAN)

POLL 3
Leading
1) EXIT in corrupted areas
2) PANTS
3) MARK remaining monsters on map
4) Option ON / OFF various effects ( rain, particles, aura..)

I wish "Ability to instantly 20% quality an item in order to craft with better odds" makes it
"Pants" are doing well

_________

Least votes for:
POLL 1
30) Display class ingame
29) Use reave with river swords
28) Dueling Greust
POLL 2
30) DISABLE X (exit)
29) Exit with MOUSE
28) Opt out Agressive twitch streams
POLL 3
24) Item durability
23) Eternal orbs
22) MAC VERSION
21) OCCULUS RIFT

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1365869 Announcement Infographic
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1382084 Next Expansion Prophecy
Last edited by Forum_scanner on Jul 27, 2015, 4:05:00 PM
It's amazing that 90% of the requested improvements exist since PoE went out of Beta and they still are neither implemented, commented on being planned nor commented on not to be done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info