A poll on "easy to implement" features players are waiting for [Infographic & RESULTS inside]

I'm just in awe of this infographic right now.

That thing is spellbinding.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
I love how this thread is now forever tagged with the golden seal of GGG approval just because Dan commented on the infographic...

If the poll results are posted in infographic form it will also have my eternal love. I'm not even kidding.

In any case, I don't really have much to contribute to this or most suggestion threads.

This is usually because what's valuable to us is the sentiment behind the feedback rather than the proposed solution.

There are a few reasons why this can be the case. One is if the issue stems from an imperfect solution to another problem. You can easily just be trading one downside for another.

Other times, the solution is infeasible with our current resources, or we have other things that take priority even if we want to do it. Restrictions breed creative solutions, but they can still spend a lot of time restricting us before that happens.

There's also the common conflict of interest whereby everyone suggests the solution that best meets their own goals. Conflicts arise when our goals don't meet those of the suggester - implementing everyone's solutions at once can just break other things.

Or it could just be that it needs more thought than my off-the-cuff ramblings before a response should be given.

There are also the kind of threads in which we're asked for comments that won't be believed, on topics that aren't relevant, to use against people who were never involved. I don't know where to begin with those.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Caridor wrote:
Easy to implement feature: Hud modification.

I'm talking purely aesthetic changes to the images that are displayed around your globes and skill bars. Heck, make it a microtransaction if you have to.

I mean, seriously, this isn't even a feature, just a modification to the rules saying "You may edit these files and only these ones."

If you want to talk about features, how about hud scaling?

Noooo, globe girl discussion in my favourite GD thread!

Forums are literally unreadable now and I'm making a Reddit account >:(

In all seriousness, switchable HUDs have been discussed as maybe a cool feature, but there's otherwise no news on that front. The existing threads about them are generally awful though.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Caridor wrote:
Can you elaborate on the technical problems with implementing such a thing?
My understanding is that it could be implemented with literally two lines of code (something like "hud_1_display=true" "hud_2_display=false" (I don't code but you get the idea)) and I'm guessing the fact it hasn't be implemented when a good chunk of people seem to want it, means it's a good deal more complicated than that?

I'm not a programmer either, sorry.

"
Caridor wrote:
And if the forums are unreadable, then our plan is working!

#occupyPOEforums

I know this is a joke, but having read all of those threads I would greatly prefer that their kind of posting did not spill into others.

All in all I do not think that I would read an infographic regarding the HUD changes. That's really what this thread is all about - appreciating avant-garde graphical presentations of data.
Gameplay & Level Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info