A suggestion on how to solve endgame and mapping and make it fun and rewarding for everyone

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Infinite high tier maps isn't going to make the average joe farm that map 100 times in a single day with a giant group + culler to get 1000% times the loot, he'll farm that map 10 times at 0% mf and then log out for the night. Assuming if average joe even gets to that level of maps (let's assume map level 90 is the bare min standard now).

Well, as I said, a vital part of my proposal would be that there are NO new items / affixes introduced for the highest-level maps, such that you could find all the stuff you need in a level 75 map. In order to not make it mandatory to run those maps to get the gear.

You seem to know more about the current drop system though. Is there explanations somewhere how it works and how affixes are rolled? In any case, you could (if you wanted to) make >82 maps just drop the same as 82 maps. Then why run >82 maps you ask? Because its fun (and gives more experience to high-level players).

But yes, one of the problems this game has is that the richer and more powerful you are, the more you find good items and the more the good, but non-top items get trivialized and cheap.

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
ust buy the map level 90+ from one of the no-lifers who has it filled in their stash willing to sell it to you for a cheap price. Thus we run into the same problem, there's no point in the map system if you can just buy your way up.

The suggestion was made earlier that you could just make it a quest reward to kill the boss of every map once before you can progress. That would solve that problem. Also, if you are usually running lvl 75 maps, following my proposal, you would just get your ass very very badly spanked in a lvl 90 map.

The points and problems you raise are very valid, but also true in the current map system, if not worse.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info