A suggestion on how to solve endgame and mapping and make it fun and rewarding for everyone

This would make it much easier to chain 79+ maps and therefore level faster. I'm totally OK with that, and I think GGG should abandon its obsession with preventing players from reaching level 100 (it takes forever even on 82 maps for any normal human being). However, I know a lot of naysayers will disagree and demand that exp needed to level be increased exponentially if your suggestion is implemented.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Jul 27, 2015, 12:52:29 PM
That is fine. I dont care about not being able to reach level 100. I am fine with level 90 or 92. Perfectly fine. I would just like to be able to consistently have challenging end-game content.

Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
A nice analysis of what is wrong with the current system and the suggestion is a good one.

Some small suggestions:
- For the highest level map (95), the boss should only drop you a map of the same level with some percentage that is less than 100. That would motivate rolling those maps to be harder and you could still get them from 94-level maps.
- The harder versions of the base maps could have progressively higher number of max map mods to make them harder and more interesting.
- In addition to narrowing the the range of 100% exp zones for your level, one should also make the exp-penalty a lot steeper. Currently it is just 5% per level.

I like the last and second last suggestion. Not sure about the first, cause I think the system should be designed in a way that basically even the best players / teams are unable to reach the highest level maps. Or is that a bad idea?
"
Char1983 wrote:
I like the last and second last suggestion. Not sure about the first, cause I think the system should be designed in a way that basically even the best players / teams are unable to reach the highest level maps. Or is that a bad idea?

I agree, but I think they are going to reach them anyways. If it is not impossible, then someone will find a way to do it. And once you have reached the max map-level, then there should not just be a shift to running only white maps. The benefits to item rarity and quantity often do not justify the increase in difficulty, so it would be a good idea to have some additional motivation.
Well, make map towers stack indefinitely then.

And if you make each new "map tier" have 2x as many HP and 2x as much damage, people will probably stop after the 4th tier (16x as much HP may not be the issue, but Dominus in Residence with 16x as much damage will kill people).

And to be able to progress to higher-level maps, you would have to consistently clear the map bosses. A lot of people already now skip bosses like the Orchard boss or the Residence boss. And I don't even want to imagine what the Crematorium boss would be like at 2x, 3x or 4x the damage. It would be a real challenge for sure.
I'm not sure about this, but one thing I am sure of is that SOMETHING has to be done.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I'm not sure about this, but one thing I am sure of is that SOMETHING has to be done.

So what do you suggest? :)
That's just it, I have no idea what to do. I'm happy to see any constructive suggestion because the way it is now, I can't see as sustainable.
Censored.
I like this suggestion, good work Char. If nothing else I hope that the proposed concept inspires whatever GGG intends to do with the map system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info