Please reconsider Loot Sharing!

I think I've seen a thread about this somewhere...
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Thanks for the link.

What Chris suggests in that thread is still kind of an annoying "ninja" looting system, I think.
And melee characters would still have a benefit of looting vs ranged characters.

Would be much nicer if you could play with random people without the tension of "who's" loot".
Last edited by Loumy on Dec 3, 2011, 11:00:20 AM
I agree..
And will again when next thread reg this comes up..
Rgds ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
I hate playing in parties that are more worried about what is on the floor than controlling enemy packs. In the current state of the game playing with random players is a waste of time and source of frustration. HC soloing FTW.
I second that Kurzed!
FFA = source for bad feelings/frustration imho..
See you tnite at the race?
Rgds ,
Laz
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
Ahhh... this brings back good old memories from D2. I remember everyone would stand around Baal once he is almost dead, and click the ground furiously. Of course there would be a bot that has a hack to auto pick-up.

While I can't deny some of the flaws of the current system, as well as what Chris said, This does add an adrenaline rush after defeating a boss.
"
Hartbrot wrote:
I strongly support this. FFA loot is annoying.

Its not only annoying, but it is a huge discouragement to community, camaraderie and group-play.

This must change with a distribution mechanic for social and community sakes.
I think it would be nice to have loot segregation (like D3... gasp) But, I hardly think it is the issue that people make it out to be. I have generally had 0 problems teaming with other people, and if I do.. I leave the team. Eventually, like in all games, you'll find people you get along with and then it becomes a non-issue.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
There really should be a toggle between the current FFA loot (for those who prefer that) and instanced loot. Nobody likes grouping and the loot issue is the main reason. Everyone just solo's chaos and party up just to leave portals out front of the entrance, not to actually play together. It's true at lower levels too, since good currency items can drop while playing through.
Instanced loot would also eliminate the "loot spamming" issue when in larger parties in chaos.
I think the game would be a lot more fun if you could play in groups and be focused on working together to overcome the enemies. As it is now, if you do party up you have to leave the show items turned on and focus most of your attention on the loot that's dropping in order to have any chance of getting any good loot that drops, which really detracts from the playing experience.
Having the -option- for ffa loot is a good thing though, as it's convenient when you're playing with people you trust (eg. guildies/friends)... but forcing it is just awful and prevents most people from considering grouping to play.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Last edited by taekvideo on Dec 3, 2011, 2:04:57 PM
I completely agree, instanced looting is far far better than FFA looting for random groups. But leave the FFA looting option for people who want it (it's great with friends). Maybe make it an option when a party enters an area, every party member must agree to FFA loot, otherwise it defaults instanced loot.
Last edited by dudecrush on Dec 3, 2011, 4:11:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info