Please reconsider Loot Sharing!

also support this, would like to see individual loot for each player, instead of FFA loot distribution.
Having it as an option really isn't an... option. It would require 2 entirely separate systems. FFA loot is determined by the killer, regardless of everyone else's stats. Instanced loot is usually determined by the individual, regardless of who kills. There would need to be a complex system to handle both methods in the same game, which I'll doubt GGG will make just to remove a competitive aspect of the game that they fully intend for it to include.

And really, who would choose FFA if there were an option? I prefer it for this game, but getting a party to agree to it is unlikely because people are greedy by nature. Having it as an integral part of the game gives people another challenge to deal with, since this is a competitive game. With FFA, there is no entirely teamwork-based aspect, which makes sense. We're each out to survive in Wraeclast, after all. There are even quests that can force you to fight your party members if you disagree with them. This isn't a wholly friendly, co-op game.

I've yet to find a party where people complained about drops. Every party has shared. If someone is running around grabbing all the currency, just kick them. If it's the party leader, then leave and make a new party.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Dec 3, 2011, 2:47:15 PM
What little partying I've done has been fine - we've shared the loot evenly. I like the FFA style.
I love FFA. Adds something extra to the game for me. Fighting, fighting, fighting, YELLOW THING ON GROUND!
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
And really, who would choose FFA if there were an option? I prefer it for this game, but getting a party to agree to it is unlikely

So what you're saying is... most people want to have individual loot, but you want FFA loot so you'd rather force FFA loot to be the only option so everyone else has to use it?

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
people are greedy by nature.

I guess you just proved that.

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Having it as an integral part of the game gives people another challenge to deal with

No it just distracts people from the fun parts of the game and causes most people to avoid grouping altogether.

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Having it as an option really isn't an... option. It would require 2 entirely separate systems. FFA loot is determined by the killer, regardless of everyone else's stats. Instanced loot is usually determined by the individual, regardless of who kills. There would need to be a complex system to handle both methods in the same game, which I'll doubt GGG will make just to remove a competitive aspect of the game that they fully intend for it to include.

That's not true at all. Individual loot could still be last-kill based for drops, that doesn't have to change. And besides, the proposed system in the dev thread is a whole lot more work than having 2 different cases for drop formulas.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Last edited by taekvideo on Dec 3, 2011, 3:48:43 PM
Loot drops are what make this game competitive, please dont make it individual drops, I love it the way it is (although I wouldn't mind the minimum timer for ranged characters thing)
All for minions "modes" so they can follow, stand, or patrol.
"
Chemdude8 wrote:
Loot drops are what make this game single player, please dont make it individual drops, I love it the way it is (although I wouldn't mind the minimum timer for ranged characters thing)

fixed

No seriously, everyone in chaos solos because of the FFA loot, it makes the game far less fun.

"
taekvideo wrote:
So what you're saying is... most people want to have individual loot, but you want FFA loot so you'd rather force FFA loot to be the only option so everyone else has to use it?
Not what I said. Either way, every game "forces" you to play in ways that not everyone will find enjoyable.

"
taekvideo wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I guess the guy named taekvideo on d2jsp proves it as well by selling beta keys ;)
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
taekvideo wrote:
Not what I said. Either way, every game "forces" you to play in ways that not everyone will find enjoyable.

Actually that is what you said.
And something like a looting system is not something that should be forced. It can ruin the playing experience for a lot of people, and it's so easy to make it a choice, so everyone can play the way they like. Whether it's a toggle that the party leader can choose or a realm option so different realms have different looting systems... everyone should be allowed to play with a looting system that doesn't ruin the experience for them.
It's just like pvp... you don't have world pvp in the default realm to make it more "competitive".. it would ruin the experience for a lot of people.. that's reserved for cutthroat. Well ffa loot has a similar fun-killing effect for a lot of people and we should be given the choice.

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
taekvideo wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I guess the guy named taekvideo on d2jsp proves it as well by selling beta keys ;)

Or he doesn't have any friends to invite... the poor sap.

Last edited by taekvideo on Dec 3, 2011, 4:53:59 PM
Taekvideo owns this thread

Too bad I've a feel GGG wont listen to the "casual" majority who dont want this to end in a scenario where your group mates are your own progression's worst enemy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info