Please reconsider Loot Sharing!

The only reason I'm not playing with people right now, the one and only reason, is the hassle of items.

I'd like individual drops, any kind, either Guild Wars style (everyone can see, only one can pick up, released after awhile. tbh, less preferable) or more preferably totally individual drops (so loot drops only for you).

I understand why shared loot is "exciting", but as much as it's "not fun" right now, it will be even less fun afterwards. Right now the amount of trust between beta players is unbelievable!. Honestly! People now trade by simply dropping items on floor, and eventhough it's beta anyway, you wouldn't see people like that in many games.

But still, having to fight off loot deters you from teaming up with random people and is a huge hassle to deal with. The pros do not worth the cons in this case.

I love solo play, mostly, but I wouldn't mind being exposed to other people now and then, which does not happen. :)
Besides, there are those annoying factors such as ping and character type (melee\ranged) and how much of a try-hard you are, considering you didn't make a contract first who gets what, and that's pretty annoying to keep track of anyway! (1 orb me, 1 u, 1 rare me, 1 you).

I really hope this will change.
thanks for reading :)
I agree - the current loot system gives an incentive to NOT group up with random players.
Last edited by Loumy on Dec 3, 2011, 8:17:45 AM
Surely the best plan of action would be to add a distribution system that can be turned on or off.
Absolutely for total loot sharing!It is exciting and fun,if you don't want to risk do not go out with people you don't trust.I personally love it and if someone picks my loot then that's it,not going to cry over it,i may do the same some other time.
I strongly support this. FFA loot is annoying.
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
"
Fuuljo wrote:
Surely the best plan of action would be to add a distribution system that can be turned on or off.

If it's not difficult technically to implement this, it seems like the best way to satisfy the most people. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
At the higher lvls, people group to keep chaos 58 alive and then solo seperately.
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
This is the ONE thing that I hate about PoE.
I play it religiously but I cant deny that the loot system is, at best, archaic.

The argument for "decent groups can make agreements regarding loot" is hardly a good one when it just adds useless complications and conflict.
Its just a hassle. Yes, I play with some friends and we can agree about loot, but its just extra stress and hassle no matter what.

Instanced or split loot is the way to go, in this subject PoE shouldnt stick to the "classics". Its one of those features that's old and abandoned for a reason.

Its just a pain in the arse, what more needs to be said?
Totally agree with this.
Derpfoot, you are so right!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info