I noticed something about the playerbase

This game is very hard and challenging. You just have to invest all passive points in to HP/ defense add curse which lovers monsters dps or slows down them, and then patently and slowly kill one smal pack after another.
If you will be patient enough you will reach 100 if not you will die.
The game is hard. So yeah be patient and do not forget max out your def.
Last edited by Evilclown009 on Jul 26, 2015, 1:21:13 AM
"
SirSid wrote:
The reason is all people want the game to be chalanging, but then they want to "beat" the game by breaking it and face rolling the so called chalanging content .

Most people want to feel like they are better than the person next to them, even if on a subconches level , henc if the game is chalanging for evrey 1 but YOU can face roll the content then you instantly gain satisfation in the fact you are " better that the rest "

This creats many problems in both how players aproch the game and how the game devs go about balancing .
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
The OP doesn't quite get it.

Some players want new challenges. When a new major patch comes out they have zero intention of playing their old builds, intending on starting over to tackle the content anew. More importantly, weeks before a new patch they've already been completely bored by their builds and are just waiting for cause to make new ones with new toys. Normally high hours played per day and/or relatively achievable build goals.

Some players do not want new challenges. This isn't to say they don't want challenges, maybe they liked the old challenges just fine and weren't done with them yet. They want to play their character just before a major patch and play the same character just after it, without the entire plan going to shit. Normally low hours played per day and/or highly ambitious build goals.

Is it fair to say this latter group just wants to roll content? Actually, yes it is, because that is what they want to do. But just the same content all the nolifes have already lol rolled, not any more or less OP than the prepatch status quo, but they are cut off by a patch which ends their fun before they get a chance at satisfaction.

It's not fair to point at this latter group and say they just want an easy, challengeless game. Somewhat more fair would be "you snooze, you lose." Somewhat.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 26, 2015, 2:26:59 AM
"
widardd wrote:
Reading through many topics on here and on reddit, it seems like we more or less have 2 types of players now.

Players that want a challenge, and players that want to feel godly overpowered and faceroll the game.

I have no idea how one game could possibly satisfy both of these audiences. I always thought the permanent leagues are imbalanced enough for anyone to get to play god. (just checked, there are onehanders with over 500 dps lol :)

Lol at OP.

You seem to not understand the part where overpowered builds will have no problem clearing content, while mediocre builds, even when built well, will.

Wanting a balanced game is not wanting to "face roll everything".

Its funny that you say that because the overpowered builds, many of which dont even cost much and are incredibly easy to play are the ones face rolling content.

Please think before you speak.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Oops double post.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jul 26, 2015, 3:10:20 AM
I haven't seen this much complaining in this game ever. I bet there are a LOT of diablo 3 players coming to play PoE and they expect everything handed to them. My only complaints are the damn lag sometimes, rain maps and desecrated ground.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
I'm very disappointed with 2.0. The content, lockstep..ect is all great. But the overall balance, changes they've made to certain keystones is beyond me. The game is more stale than it has ever been in my opinion.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
morbo wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
No idea? Really? How about a difficulty slider like almost every other game including D3 and TL2.

lol. This.

/players 8

Oh, I forgot about that. GIMME GIMME!
Just make a permanent league with no death penalty for casual players!
This post could also have been posted kinda like:

Hey Guys! I just realised something today.... all gamers are playing gamers to have fun....atrocious!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info