I noticed something about the playerbase

I'm sure there is a silent majority inbetween. I do like to faceroll from time to time but I also like the feeling of starting new and level with everything I can get my hands on. Mainly I like to enjoy the game, just like anyone else. If people just play to faceroll and enjoying it, great for them, people who want the challenge have a lot of options to do so. This makes PoE a great game, but it's of course impossible to fill all the needs of all kind of players, it's just how it is in any game.
Last edited by leto2626 on Jul 26, 2015, 5:24:40 AM
nvm
Last edited by Tom1989 on Jul 26, 2015, 7:33:03 AM
"
infinity123 wrote:
This post could also have been posted kinda like:

Hey Guys! I just realised something today.... all gamers are playing gamers to have fun....atrocious!

How does that get us to discuss the concepts of "easy fun", "hard fun" and how we could get both things under one roof?

Thanks everybody, got some good reads in here. :)
Perception is reality.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Lol at OP.

You seem to not understand the part where overpowered builds will have no problem clearing content, while mediocre builds, even when built well, will.

Wanting a balanced game is not wanting to "face roll everything".

Its funny that you say that because the overpowered builds, many of which dont even cost much and are incredibly easy to play are the ones face rolling content.

Please think before you speak.

this, discusion should not be about if content is to easy or to hard but if builds are properly balance.

is imposible to balance content when you have a few super strong builds, couple decents with good gear and a lot of dont even bother with it.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I suppose Im the only person playing this game that just likes to make and play my own builds.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I'm somewhere in between too. What's fun for me in a game like this is creating a character idea and then having to farm gear to be able to beat the content (but not to the point where you have to have specific uniques in order for the build to work - that would require you to have those uniques at hand beforehand).

As it is, GGG has never been very good at making the game challenging in general. Instead it's always been faceroll, and then you get insta killed by a mob, combination of mobs or or boss because the faceroll became so boring that you started to doze off. At no point in time, safe for the late, late game, do you have to farm gear to progress. As a result of that, people have complained that encounters like pre nerf A4 and Malachai are too difficult, even though they're quite simple and doable if you don't panic, but focus on it instead and treat it as a challenge to pass.

With 2.0, GGG has reduced build diversity. So in addition to not needing to farm, I'm not even hyped about any character at all.
"
Revy_Slan wrote:
I'm somewhere in between too. What's fun for me in a game like this is creating a character idea and then having to farm gear to be able to beat the content (but not to the point where you have to have specific uniques in order for the build to work - that would require you to have those uniques at hand beforehand).

As it is, GGG has never been very good at making the game challenging in general. Instead it's always been faceroll, and then you get insta killed by a mob, combination of mobs or or boss because the faceroll became so boring that you started to doze off. At no point in time, safe for the late, late game, do you have to farm gear to progress. As a result of that, people have complained that encounters like pre nerf A4 and Malachai are too difficult, even though they're quite simple and doable if you don't panic, but focus on it instead and treat it as a challenge to pass.

With 2.0, GGG has reduced build diversity. So in addition to not needing to farm, I'm not even hyped about any character at all.

They destroyed builds diversity , not reduced . Atm 5-6 builds are able to farm uber out of standard league.
"
Revy_Slan wrote:

This & GGG should add tutorials on how to move char with a mouse.
"
Tom1989 wrote:
GGG should add tutorials on how to move char with a mouse.

putting the "move only" function to your lmb (left mouse button) just got mandatory with the new boss fights.
so much for trying to get more build diversity and prevent one skill spam builds.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
No idea? Really? How about a difficulty slider like almost every other game including D3 and TL2.

Then the "faceroll all content" people complain that they don't have access to the highest tier content without being a "tryhard nolife keyboard warrior."

Seriously, if you include lower difficulties, the people who want to faceroll will complain that the hardest difficulty is "mandatory for fun" and refuse to play on a lower difficulty while simultaneously demanding that their characters be made stronger so that they can faceroll it. It may not make sense, but it happens.

That's why in Diablo 3, rather than add new content, Blizzard just power creeps everything. Look at ancient weapons - "Hey, we took our previous content, inflated the numbers by 30%, and made it 90% rarer. Have fun facerolling once you break the gear wall!"

Some people prefer that, others prefer a challenge regardless of gearing achievements. Different strokes for different folks, but it is impossible to please both in a single game.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Jul 27, 2015, 5:13:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info