I noticed something about the playerbase

well yeah, theres two types of players. ones who think they should be gods and faceroll with no defenses
and others who like their shit pushed back

and no, difficulty slider doesn't work in a competitive game.
the game is online-only and competitive (ok at least it tries to be), never forget that.
probly the best solution is to make boss fights mechanical when you get punished for not paying attention to what is happening on the screen. normal has to be punishing but more squishy and maybe a bit slower. the end of crual a3 should be a first wall; cruel malachai - the second one. on merci they can do whatever they want pretty much since its merci
>Players that want a challenge, and players that want to feel godly overpowered and faceroll the game.

No, players want both at the same time. Players want to face a challenge and then defeat it and then get items that make them overpowered and then faceroll the formerly challenging content using the gear that they have earned.

Having either only "challenge" or "overpowered rewards" leads to a dead game. Challenging content without adequate rewards (i.e. early invasion bosses) leads to people skipping the content and/or leaving. Likewise, only having overpowered rewards leads to people finishing the game early and then quitting (i.e. later patches of D3: ROS)
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
No idea? Really? How about a difficulty slider like almost every other game including D3 and TL2.
What do you think map mods/levels are? Blizzard admitted they can't balance their game and took the easy way out by just putting in different difficulties.
Challenge is good, when it's a fair challenge. You don't get that in POE.

In POE you get to kill the biggest, baddest demons - only to be oneshot by one of those deer they put in forests for decoration.
"

No, players want both at the same time. Players want to face a challenge and then defeat it and then get items that make them overpowered and then faceroll the formerly challenging content using the gear that they have earned.

poe isnt such a game. at least, it doesnt hold true in higher content. what you said holds true in regular content- ie, when you're level 90-95 you'll faceroll anything besides high level maps

however in poes endgame you'll never reach the point where your build is invincible. and thats a very very good thing
Well if I had to place myself beetwen those two type I would be a player that enjoy challenge.

I like when a game make me think about strategy and approach
I like getting one shoted by a boss because I'm reckless and need to learn how to beat him
I like having to learn to beat the game.
"
widardd wrote:
Reading through many topics on here and on reddit, it seems like we more or less have 2 types of players now.

Players that want a challenge, and players that want to feel godly overpowered and faceroll the game.

I have no idea how one game could possibly satisfy both of these audiences. I always thought the permanent leagues are imbalanced enough for anyone to get to play god. (just checked, there are onehanders with over 500 dps lol :)

What about if the challenge IS trying to get OP and faceroll?

p.s. It's not like there's an "OP + faceroll" cheat code you enter or something.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on Jul 25, 2015, 9:38:43 PM
The reason is all people want the game to be chalanging, but then they want to "beat" the game by breaking it and face rolling the so called chalanging content .

Most people want to feel like they are better than the person next to them, even if on a subconches level , henc if the game is chalanging for evrey 1 but YOU can face roll the content then you instantly gain satisfation in the fact you are " better that the rest "

This creats many problems in both how players aproch the game and how the game devs go about balancing .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
widardd wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:
The thing to remember that gating 74+ mapping behind fluke RNG is not challenging - it's just time consuming.

Time consuming does NOT equal hard.

Rare 74+ maps are not hard for you?

Of course there are always builds that can do a certain map, but i would consider that one really hard.
Did you get the actual numbers from GGG to see if running maps like this (as we have to now) does actually produce less maps and not more?

Bringing up ideas like this will make you realize that nobody actually wants a challenge. And heaven forbid swapping some normal gear for MF gear if the mods are easyish.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info