[Deleted]

I don't think that its worth wasting your boots slot for frenzy charge generation. If you want frenzy charges, then you could run blood rage (it has about the same % rate of gaining charges). You also get more benefits from running blood rage instead of blood dance. You get more attack speed, more movement speed (since your boots will be 30% instead of 20%), you get more life on boots (and res), and it will be easier to color your boots. With the amount of physical reduc we have, blood rage is definitely worth running for frenzy charges.
You weren't interested in grabbing the endurance charges for reasons stated above, just curious about why you didn't grab any AOE nodes like the HvC build?
Because AOE nodes only help you for map clearing, but our map clearing is already outrageously fast so it wouldn't make sense to spend valuable points into AOE nodes. Also, the 20/20 discharge gem provides a fair amount of AOE already, we don't really need more.
fair enough, no 20/20 gem though here in tempest :P also tempted to take those additional endurance charges even though you had made a valid point.
You can take them if you want, haha. It's definitely not a bad thing to opt for more charges and give up some defense. Whatever fits your playstyle is the way to go ;)
are you interested in using the magnate with +1 endurance charge?

Also wanted to add and re-up the question about purity of ice, is it really necessary to get those nodes when we're running with saffells and there are so few cold sources in the game?
Or would you still recommend the purity of ice to be safe?
Last edited by gjefferies on Aug 7, 2015, 3:15:44 AM
So I'm 88 and bored with Flame Totem, like really bored.. figured I'd try something new out. Sold all my gear and gave this a try.

Wow.

Still learning how Cyclone is used effectively because it seems extremely dumbed down from D3's Whirlwind (CONSTANTLY stops spinning in POE) and gauging when it's best to use Molten Strike vs Cyclone, but it's a work in progress. Attached a quick video I did going through a random 74 map I had. Didn't even really care about the affixes.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSKMT50Oa0w

Gear:

edit: Not sure if it's showing up as all belts for anyone else but I did click every individual slot ><
Last edited by widds on Aug 7, 2015, 4:22:30 AM
So about the Purity of Ice thing, I personally like to run it for safety in case I do run into some weird ice problems. You really don't have to if you don't want to run it. The thing is, we already are forced to get those aura nodes (aura effect) so that we can get 87% all res instead of 86%. We pretty much get a free aura this way (from all those reduced mana reserved nodes), so Purity of Ice is sort of just a "bonus" :P

Widds, regarding your attacks, just use cyclone for packs (2 or more mobs) and use molten strike for single targets. Cyclone can take some time getting used to. Just hold down the cyclone button and put your mouse wherever you want it to go. The cyclone movement executes in steps and not in free style. What I mean is that if you click the cyclone button and your cursor is at location A, then you will cyclone to location A and it cannot be interrupted if you try and cyclone to a different location. So if you try and go to location B while still cycloning to location A, you won't stop going to location A. Holding the button down makes it easier :P Also keeping the cursor closer to your character sprite makes it a little more "free style" because the steps will be much shorter.

I see a lot of belts XD

PS: Cyclone will stop if you cyclone into a wall
Last edited by Chatframe on Aug 7, 2015, 4:42:17 AM
what about mr +1 magnate?
Also, how big a factor here is accuracy?
double post
Last edited by gjefferies on Aug 7, 2015, 4:15:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info