[Deleted]

I'm kinda fresh in this game, but I played a lot games like this, so I have some experiance. Would you describe in few word how you lvl up till you get Mjolner? I choose witch way to do it, but I stuck on normal in 4th act. Should I change my gear to full armor and start to fight closer?

I know there is a wrong branch in my skill tree, but I will change it.

I really enjoyed your build by the way!
When it comes to leveling this build, I just follow the Lv 80 skill tree skip all the aura nodes until there is nothing left to grab (since aura nodes wont help you pre Lv 80). Everything else is pretty straight forward in terms of which nodes to get next. Regarding skills and gems, you can use whatever you feel most comfortable with. I used Lighting Tendrils and Arc all the way up to 70 and then wore some gear that gave me enough attributes to wear Mjolner and just went from there. At Lv 80, I dropped all that gear because the skill tree provided enough STR and INT. When you get to some tougher content like Act 4, I would always just kite the enemies with Arc. Long range spells are probably your best bet. Also remember that there is no shame in asking a bud for a little help :)
Is there a reason you use grace instead of determination aura? Does the flat 2k evasion turned into 2k armor give more than 50% armor bonus (lvl 20 gems) ?
Wouldn't mind to hear a response to the above question as well, also, I've played Mjolner in HC with HvCs build and I'm planning to convert this to a more HC friendly build. Only major issue is that I've still only got a 5L Kings and even worse - I'm a shadow.

I know that shadow isn't one of the better classes for this, wondering if I should cut up to witch and/or down through past scion to marauder/duelist
Yes Grace is used because the flat 3000 evasion scales better with the % increased armour that we get from the tree. Grace also scales from the various % increased evasion nodes. Determination isn't as effective as Grace because we need more flat armour. Having % more armour doesnt help us as much if we don't have much armour to begin with in the first place (even after it has been scaled with the % increased armour). Adding 3000 flat armour is a better balance.

I would suggest not using a Shadow for this build simply because the very first starting nodes. Assuming you go the attack speed start, you'd be wasting 2 nodes (using 5) to physical damage and if you go the DEX route, you'd be wasting 3 nodes (using 3) because you don't need DEX or phys. If you plan to take this build all the way, I recommend starting as a witch or marauder. Those 2 or 3 in the end game are quite significant, but if you feel like going as a shadow, go as a shadow. He looks quite badass :P
I'd probably cut through the attack speed, just wondering which approach you'd take to meeting up with the witch side nodes and the marauder/duelist area nodes if you were to start shadow
Starting as a shadow I would pick up Blood Siphon, then go down to Vaal Pact and follow the tree in reverse. I'm assuming you're respecing a high level Shadow so leveling shouldn't be a problem. If you're not, I definitely recommend starting as a Witch instead. Leveling the build starting from Shadow can be pretty painful.
IMO If you go VP + Life Leech gem dont use a Kingsguard but a Legacy Lightning Coil.

Or do it in reverse, no VP nor Life Leech but use a Kingsguard, but a mix of both is bad i think.

Dat 100% Lightning res is like asking to be used. You could get maybe more phys mitigation with it.

just my 2 cent
Last edited by xiaoxiao921 on Aug 1, 2015, 8:25:44 PM
Thank you for the feedback :P I already talked about why I use both life engines instead of just one in my Introduction. You should go check it out! Also, using a Legacy Lightning Coil (with 100% lightning resistance) will only reduce our physical damage taken by 12%. Since 70% is already reduced, we end up taking 30% physical damage. 40% of 30% is 12% (.4 x .3 = .12). So by wearing Lightning Coil, we would raise our physical damage reduction from 70% to 82%. This isn't really worth it compared to double the "life leech." To me, running two life engines is way stronger than getting an extra 12% physical reduction.
I see that makes a lot of sense, ty for the reply :) I've been running this build now and I'ts great being able to level past 82 without being 1 shot all the time, only died once since I respected into this build haha :) Not sure what I need to start farming atziri though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info