Petition to un-nerf revenants

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

I bet you think burning miscreations weren't OP either?

there if a fundamental difference between burned miscreations which were doing millions of dps because of a gem combination that was over looked and a few revenants that had admittedly high shotgun potential.

revenants have never EVER carried a full party in high maps . the old miscreations at their apex probably could have carried 12 players .

and even then that was far less the fault of the miscreations and far more the fault of trap, mine and cast on death which gave them 400% more damage.

now just look at the miscreations now. ggg has a long history of nerfing the wrong things in the wrong ways and then leaving a dessicated husk that not even the birds would eat.

how evangilists have survived to this point i consider nothing short of a minor miracle considering the devastation leveled against everything else.

The issue here is that revanants were killing too many players, it was clear they were OP in beta.

The funny thing about this thread is the fact that people thing a petition on the forum thread will actually change their mind. Many builds got nerfed in 2.0, just adapt or do something else, you don't see every caster ever complaining on here that their builds are unplayable they are just doing something else instead.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
that is how we get dead builds...

again, not debating the bit about them murdering players. That much is fact. What I am saying is that the method they used to "fix" the problem was rubbish.

big difference there

yeah miscreations were op with cod mine and trap , they needed the nerf. but the nerf they got was rubbish.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
that is how we get dead builds...

again, not debating the bit about them murdering players. That much is fact. What I am saying is that the method they used to "fix" the problem was rubbish.

big difference there

yeah miscreations were op with cod mine and trap , they needed the nerf. but the nerf they got was rubbish.

Dead builds? have you tried Revenants after the nerfs. I mean seriously try them they still slaughter everything. They are damn great spectres to have around.

Most of the ppl who are complaining about the nerf have not even tried the revenants after the nerf.

Adapt your setting of support gems, I would suggest you spell echo, minion dmg and LMP if you have a 4 link.

Just try it, then come back and tell us honestly what you think.

and again summoners have so many tools to use since 2.0.0 was introducted, summoners are way more powerfull than before :)
.....lol
"

[...] IMHO the solution would be to rework Raise Spectre skill gem to allow to scale summoned guy to the level of map (with maybe some cap).

Overall I'm still playing with success. Did not touch 80-82 maps yet, but as I said I'm doing till 79 fine.

Am i missing something? If Merciless Revenants were NOT nerfed, that means that the high-level/ lategame builds are not affected, right?

I am a casual player, sure, but I've tried all kinds of builds since the beginning and it always seemed to me that everything until Merciless was kind of intended to just be leveling fodder anyhow. Not until late-game (unless you find a build-defining unique) does it become wise to invest thousands of currency orbs into crafting and min/maxing all stats. I mean, there are top tier players who reach level 60 in half a day. (I still don't know how racing players get to level 10 in 12 minutes without cheating, BTW.)

My point is, I don't think it's too big an issue to nerf Normal and Cruel revenants if Merciless is not nerfed, because Normal and Cruel are just temporary stages on the way to farming high-level content, be it Merciless itself, Merciless Act 4, or endgame maps. I say this even as a player who spends most of their time in Normal and Cruel.

Also, big-picture: What is an ARPG but a neverending treasure hunt and competition with game mechanics to be the most OP, by way of exploitation, gear, or experienced testing? GGG has also stated numerous times that like the story for the Exile characters we play, the game is about tough choices. No build can have it all. And the high-end maps, Atziri, etc. are really only viable for players who spend a ton of time investing in farming and leveling in the first place. That sort of stuff isn't supposed to be easy to access or easy to conquer.

If there needs to be a buff for summoners, I agree: look at the gems. Re-balancing monsters affects all players; re-balancing minion gems affects only summoners. I think a great buff for the Raise Spectre gem would be to simply move the leveling stats down one level so that at lvl 19 the gem offers 0% reduction in minion effectiveness, thus giving the added incentive to level the gem to 20 to be able to enjoy a little OP-ness without also having to get a gem or item to boost the gem level artificially.
"
MackBesmirch wrote:

My point is, I don't think it's too big an issue to nerf Normal and Cruel revenants if Merciless is not nerfed, because Normal and Cruel are just temporary stages on the way to farming high-level content, be it Merciless itself, Merciless Act 4, or endgame maps. I say this even as a player who spends most of their time in Normal and Cruel.

Actually revenants were not nerfed because of what they are doing at normal or at cruel. They were nerfed because of what they were at merciless they were one shoting really strong well builded tanky character. If you were in a map and had an encounter with a rare of these it was game over instantly.

and again the nerf occured not because of the spectres but because of the monster itself. It was a nerf for summoners, as a collateral dmg.
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
"

[...] IMHO the solution would be to rework Raise Spectre skill gem to allow to scale summoned guy to the level of map (with maybe some cap).

Overall I'm still playing with success. Did not touch 80-82 maps yet, but as I said I'm doing till 79 fine.

Am i missing something? If Merciless Revenants were NOT nerfed, that means that the high-level/ lategame builds are not affected, right?
[...]
My point is, I don't think it's too big an issue to nerf Normal and Cruel revenants if Merciless is not nerfed,
[...]

Actually they were nerfed on Merciless as well. But IMHO (and that's not only my opinion) they are still powerful with proper skills setup and gear/jewels.

"
MackBesmirch wrote:

[...]
If there needs to be a buff for summoners, I agree: look at the gems. Re-balancing monsters affects all players; re-balancing minion gems affects only summoners. I think a great buff for the Raise Spectre gem would be to simply move the leveling stats down one level so that at lvl 19 the gem offers 0% reduction in minion effectiveness, thus giving the added incentive to level the gem to 20 to be able to enjoy a little OP-ness without also having to get a gem or item to boost the gem level artificially.

Yes, that would be an option as well. Agree. I have a feeling that they still don't know how to handle summoner builds effectively - I know that it is complex topic, because as we've all seen any change to the monster behaviour affects directly hell a lot of builds. But my point was that there was too much shout from the community side, and I must confess that at the very beginning after they've announced that nerf I was also upset and I wrote some salty post about that - I tried Revs finally and I'll say it *agan* - they kill things fast and there is a lot of fun in that build :)
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

"

*smirk high health pool Chip =X

well if you do aspire to go beyond level 85 or play hardcore , getting a pool above 6000 is kind of a must or you will die to the random bull shit spike

like when you accidentally kill too many porcupines or a blue mob farts out abaxoth in a confined area etc...

if deaths and exp are not particularity an issue then why not have 1k life i suppose

LoL, my summoner has 6,5K ES, AA, 7K evasion and can use 2 defensive curses :D

But I really don't have time to waste exp @ 94 lvl when I want to get her to 95 being casual players who plays few characters :)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
jugglereli wrote:
I think they were too powerful as mobs, and too powerful as Spetres. The clear speed bonus they gave was sort of ridiculous. There shouldn't be ONE mob that is necessary to have as Specters, that's not as fun for me, and I'm playing a summoner. Yet I still think these changes were right... so...

Lol why would they be too powerful as a spectre? You said yourself, there shouldn't be one mob that is necessary to have as a spectre. That is an issue on GGG's part. There is only one spectre because GGG refuses to balance the spectre gem to scale properly. If you think revenant is not fun, go back to lvl 64 flame sentinels that can barely clear anything. Was a nerf massive?Not necessary, but I am personally more frustrated to the refusal of balancing that spectre gem. That is the only reason why summoners always have to go for highest level choice, lower level spectres just cannot clear fast enough. Until the scaling for spectres is done, summoners will always pick the highest level decent mob available.
yup. and that would be easily addressed if they just removed the inability for specters to scale up

hell if they removed just that stupid thing. then maybe id stop complaining about all the other silly things,

like the fact that if you switch weapons (while one weapon has + specters on it) you will lose that specter .. even if your off hand also has + specters.. that is really lame

or the necessity to farm maps for specters... yeah people complain about the grind .. but summoner have to grind for the right to have their skill be at top grindin efficiency for maximum grindage.

or the fact that they dont persist between log outs

or the fact most of the mob ai is as dumb as bricks and cant even use their abilities consistently

or the fact that the specter gem kind of conflicts with a core game mechanic which demands specializing gems for a skill that would require multiple sets of gems to function in an environment where replacing losses is a necessity.

pfft...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info