Final 0.9.4 Patch Notes

"
It being an enforced playstyle choice is not the end of the world :)

Yes it is :(

Also, what you can do, is wipe all the legacy gear so I can no longer feel bad about leaving behind my crit firebawls.

Well, let me rephrase the reason why I am really wary of this change, I campaigned plenty for Witch nerfs - dramatic culling of mods from all over the items leads to a very boring itemization. Offensive mods and sockets are really the only reason I cared for items affixes on non-Weapon or non-Jewelry mods.

Randomly related question - do you guys have the tech to force a reroll a mod into a different mod on existing items? A surgical way of removing individually overpowered item affixes while preventing the trashing of the item.
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 1, 2011, 7:25:42 PM
"
konfeta wrote:
"
It being an enforced playstyle choice is not the end of the world :)

Yes it is :(

Also, what you can do, is wipe all the legacy gear so I can no longer feel bad about leaving behind my crit firebawls.

Randomly related question - do you guys have the tech to force a reroll a mod into a different mod on existing items? A surgical way of removing individually overpowered item affixes while preventing the trashing of the item.

We can do that reroll (even in the future if we need to), but aren't at this stage. We don't want to disturb people's characters too much with 0.9.4.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
konfeta wrote:

I may be in the minority, but I agree with wiping all the legacy gear or moving all 9.3 characters into a legacy league.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof."

-Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by mdavis588 on Dec 1, 2011, 7:25:58 PM
"
We can do that reroll (even in the future if we need to), but aren't at this stage. We don't want to disturb people's characters too much with 0.9.4.

Compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

/nolan
"
Chris wrote:

I suggest giving people advance notice and maybe rerolling the legacy mods a week or 2 after 0.9.4, when we've had time to replace any pieces that would become bad without those mods.
Otherwise there really won't be any sense of how the gear changes actually affect endgame balance until the open beta wipe (or if you do it later).
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
maybe its an idea to give the unique caster amulet a big crit chance bonus for spells now that u nerf all other items from this? That should make this amulet worth something like it should be!
If you continue with this rythm of work you will make a really great and polished game!
Last edited by Sartormc on Dec 1, 2011, 7:46:28 PM
Gonna make a Marauder with:

"
Acrobatics: 20% chance to dodge all enemy attacks. Removes all armour. Removes all energy shield.

Chaos Innoculation: 20% increased maximum energy shield. Provides immunity to chaos damage. Maximum life becomes 1.
IRON MAN
"
Sartormc wrote:
If you continue with this rythm of work you will make a really great and polished game!

Indeed, definitely looks promising.
I'm really worried about removal of knockback flasks and nerfing of stuns though... survival as a ranger is already really hard, and now we've all but lost our 2 main methods of keeping mobs at bay.
Seems we'll have to go complete glass cannon (hopefully the damage buff is enough) or use knockback + reduced stun threshold support gems and sacrifice a huge chunk of damage from potential dps supports (we'll probably be right back where we are now in damage).
I guess I can't really say for sure though until I try it out. Just hope it isn't as bad as it seems.

"
Dreggon wrote:
Gonna make a Marauder with:

"
Acrobatics: 20% chance to dodge all enemy attacks. Removes all armour. Removes all energy shield.

Chaos Innoculation: 20% increased maximum energy shield. Provides immunity to chaos damage. Maximum life becomes 1.

Just using chaos innoculation by itself would be worse ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info