Final 0.9.4 Patch Notes

"
Dreggon wrote:
Gonna make a Marauder with:

"
Acrobatics: 20% chance to dodge all enemy attacks. Removes all armour. Removes all energy shield.

Chaos Innoculation: 20% increased maximum energy shield. Provides immunity to chaos damage. Maximum life becomes 1.
I did that with my first character I made to test the keystones as I implemented them. I hadn't thought ahead to what that would mean in terms of being one-shot by passing sandspitters in the Twilight Strand.
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
What do you do if you're designing a game and you find that one build is insanely overpowered and much stronger than you intended?

Reduce the effectiveness of the build rather than removing it. konfeta put it pretty well: you remove the crit, he stacks spell damage instead. He's now a spell damage witch.

The burning/freezing/shocking effects are pretty interesting. Keep crit chance, weaken crit multiplier mods, and put more emphasis on what happens when you crit.

Agreed, crit in itself should be pretty balanceable, crit multiplier that is out of control.
if you would reroll the not longer "spawnable" stats on items you could also grant one exalted orb for every stat removed and let the players chose what item is still worth wearing.

Related to crits: my frostnova witch is at >50% crit atm and this truly needs a nerf. Mobs don´t move a bit if i am not very very unlucky. I have not stacked multiplier that hard atm (600%) but with the actual possibilities ingame it could go far too high with double stat items like
Unavailable
in all slots.

Btw: i am all in for a legacy league and a fresh default with all those old items.

cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
konfeta wrote:
"
You can, indeed, cast yourself to death with Blood Magic. Using it in conjunction with Chaos Inoculation would be a very poor build design.

Personally, I think they should allow that combo and remove self kill with Blood Magic.
Taking both Blood Magic and Chaos pact pretty much ensures you'll never kill yourself by using skills. Because unless you can find a skill with a mana cost of 1, you won't be using any.

Blood magic means you spend your life instead of mana for skill mana costs. It doesn't change the fact that you need to have enough of it to spend before you can activate the skill. So if you have Chaos Pact reducing your life to one, then you've got one life to spend, and can't activate skills which cost more than one mana (and if you activate those, you'll die, but I don't even know if it's possible to get a skill which costs only 1 mana).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 1, 2011, 8:19:59 PM
not a single keystone seems to be useful for witch
IGN Crakk
Only one curse? You could make it one offensive and one defensive.
I really liked playing with curses for the utility they provide and was the main point i liked about the "mage" class of poe.
Guess i'll have to wait to see how you will allow more than one curse.
The permanent curse keystone is pretty underwhelming, just hope you don't nerf curse durations because of it.

I think you should clean item mods and reset gem levels, so we could keep our socket setups on white items and rare gems without being forced to spend points in attributes just to not lose them.

Where is the power charge granting skill? I don't want to spec power charges if there is no way to get them besides the unique armor.
If the skill is coming in the future will there be another skill points reset?
Last edited by DrTenma on Dec 1, 2011, 8:49:00 PM
^That reminds me - you've said that critical hits are determined when you cast the spell, not when it hits - so if the skill crits as you cast it, everybody hit takes a crit. But if I use the critical weakness curse, the affected enemies have an additional chance to be critically hit. What's the interaction there?

And for my witch, I intend to (try to) take the never-get-stunned thing.

Also, Chaos Inoculation should give 150% bonus energy shield to account for the fact that you can't regenerate it with health potions. You can run out of combat, but then again... can you? It all depends on how fast you can run. I still wouldn't get it though; you'll need to provide some other form of incentive.

edit: And while I'm here:

"
Iron Reflexes: Converts all evasion rating to armour.

Unwavering Stance: You cannot be stunned. You cannot evade enemy attacks.

Does this mean I get my evasion rating in armour plus I can never be stunned? I can't evade attacks because I have no evasion rating, plus the second passive doesn't let me dodge anyway.

"
Armour Master: Ignore all movement penalties from armour.

Armour has movement penalties? Since when?

"
Acrobatics: 20% chance to dodge all enemy attacks. Removes all armour. Removes all energy shield.

Is this dodge chance separate from evasion?

"
Hex Master: Curses you cast never expire.

What if I cast it on a player during PvP? Does he have to die to remove it?
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Dec 1, 2011, 8:45:14 PM
"
FaceLicker wrote:
You use up a passive point?
It just doesn't seem to be as much a tradeoff as say losing all your hp for chaos immunity and increased energy shield.

Needs more drama.
"
Dreggon wrote:
^That reminds me - you've said that critical hits are determined when you cast the spell, not when it hits - so if the skill crits as you cast it, everybody hit takes a crit. But if I use the critical weakness curse, the affected enemies have an additional chance to be critically hit. What's the interaction there?
The critical hit roll is done once per spell. However, the chance to crit may be different against particular enemies if effects such as that curse are in play, hence the roll for that spell could be enough to crit the cirsed enemies but not enough to crit the uncrused ones.

"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Iron Reflexes: Converts all evasion rating to armour.

Unwavering Stance: You cannot be stunned. You cannot evade enemy attacks.

Does this mean I get my evasion rating in armour plus I can never be stunned? I can't evade attacks because I have no evasion rating, plus the second passive doesn't let me dodge anyway.
Congratulations on finding the combo!
Unwavering Stance removes your chance to evade, but not your evasion rating, and so you still have an evasion rating to be converted to armour. So these two work well together, if you're prepared to spend enough passive points to get both.

"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Armour Master: Ignore all movement penalties from armour.

Armour has movement penalties? Since when?
Since 0.9.4, it's in the patch notes at the start of this thread.

"
Dreggon wrote:
"

Is this dodge chance separate from evasion?
Yes. It's specifically a chance to "dodge" which is separate from chance to evade. This passive is currently the only way to have a chance to dodge.
"
Taking both Blood Magic and Chaos pact pretty much ensures you'll never kill yourself by using skills. Because unless you can find a skill with a mana cost of 1, you won't be using any.

I was hoping for a less restrictive implementation -_-

Question/request - could you guys make it so that we reset not only our skill points, but our skill gems as well? At least as an option to reset our skill gems? I'd really rather remake my current Witch, but those gems were a pain in the ass to acquire and might no longer be usable because of attribute changes due to being too high level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info