Final 0.9.4 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
[li]Added some early "splash" attribute nodes close to the start position of each class.[/li]

huh? do we already have splash nodes? because I have no idea what this means. Is it new? Related to effects like detonate dead/infernal blow?
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Minion Instability: Minions explode when reduced to low life, dealing 200% of their maximum life as fire damage to surrounding enemies.[/li]

I agree, can potentially be way overpowered. Should be a chance to explode.
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Hex Master: Curses you cast never expire.[/li]

Temporal Chains or Warlord's Mark all the way for me. I like this.
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Conduit: Party members gain endurance/frenzy/power charges whenever you do.[/li]
Does this mean the other charge sharing nodes will work? Or were they removed in favor of the keystone?
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Acrobatics: 20% chance to dodge all enemy attacks. Removes all armour. Removes all energy shield.[/li]
This is ridiculous. 20% chance to dodge with zero armor and zero ES. Who in their right mind would take this? You'll never see it in HC. Does evasion work seperate from this or does it stack? Or is evasion removed too?
"
Chris wrote:
[li]There's now a limit of one curse per enemy. The most recently cast one overwrites any existing ones. This is necessary because curses are very powerful and their abuse was making most high level play too easy. There will be ways soon to increase this per-monster limit.[/li]
This is one of the biggest changes that interests me. I wonder how it will play out? Especially with the Hex Master keystone.
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Fixed discharge not granting charges for hitting/killing enemies.[/li]
This was a bug? I know this patch reduces discharge damage, but you just set it up for perma-discharge. I hope the reduction is enough to offset that.
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Prevented projectile speed mods from spawning on anything except ranged weapons and quivers.[/li]
What about spells that have projectiles? You're gonna make a witch carry around a bow and quiver? Or are wands still safe?

Generally, I like most of the other changes or reserve opinion until I've been able to test. I do have a question though.. How are unique items affected by all the mod shuffling? Will they now spawn with 'proper' mods or same as before? I'd prefer to keep them the same, it makes them even more unique and desirable. And where are the new uniques? I'm going through withdrawl. need... more.. than... 12...
Last edited by FaceLicker on Dec 1, 2011, 6:49:04 PM
"
konfeta wrote:
Intention or not, but I will lose almost 250% critical chance from items if I change up the legacy gear. That's actually a massive nerf. Perhaps the point reduction will let me make up the difference with passives, but I strongly doubt it.

On the bright side, I can update most of my gear with basic +spell damage and cast speed; but honestly, that doesn't feel as interesting. I had fun with the crit focus, where regular attacks barely scratched enemies but crits ended them.

I guess I shouldn't call it a "nerf" but more of an enforced playstyle change.

What do you do if you're designing a game and you find that one build is insanely overpowered and much stronger than you intended? The people who used that build (in this case, stacking spell crit chance to that level) are going to complain if you remove it, but you need to think about the long term health of the product. The purpose of the beta test is to find things like this and make sure they're not outside the bounds of what is intended. There was a large discrepancy between witches and other classes in 0.9.3, and I'm really trying to avoid just reducing spell damage (because that hurts players who didn't use that best build).

It being an enforced playstyle choice is not the end of the world :) You'll still be able to stack crit chance in other ways, and we hope to bring even more variety to the table in the future, but perhaps not as easily as it was through item mods in 0.9.3.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
How can someone who has "Avatar of Fire" deal with Reflect Elemental Damage Aura enemies?
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Dec 1, 2011, 6:50:15 PM
Wow huge changes.

Will wands ever be allowed with shield charge?

When minions explode will characters take damage from auras?

Yeah figured on the curses way to powerful as it was.

Since .92
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Added some early "splash" attribute nodes close to the start position of each class.[/li]

huh? do we already have splash nodes? because I have no idea what this means. Is it new? Related to effects like detonate dead/infernal blow?

It's using a term from MTG - a "splash" passive skill node in this case is using one from another attribute. I.e. having Intelligence nodes near the Strength starting location.

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Conduit: Party members gain endurance/frenzy/power charges whenever you do.[/li]
Does this mean the other charge sharing nodes will work? Or were they removed in favor of the keystone?

The old ones weren't meant to be on the tree and have been removed, I believe.

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Acrobatics: 20% chance to dodge all enemy attacks. Removes all armour. Removes all energy shield.[/li]
This is ridiculous. 20% chance to dodge with zero armor and zero ES. Who in their right mind would take this? You'll never see it in HC. Does evasion work seperate from this or does it stack? Or is evasion removed too?

It's a separate (and additional) roll before evasion. If you don't have armour or ES (why would you if you're pure dexterity?) then it's pure bonus all the way.

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Fixed discharge not granting charges for hitting/killing enemies.[/li]
This was a bug? I know this patch reduces discharge damage, but you just set it up for perma-discharge. I hope the reduction is enough to offset that.

I'm keen for feedback on this when someone has tested it.

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Prevented projectile speed mods from spawning on anything except ranged weapons and quivers.[/li]
What about spells that have projectiles? You're gonna make a witch carry around a bow and quiver?

Wands are ranged weapons, they have one or two of those. Also, this was a pretty junky mod!

"
FaceLicker wrote:
Generally, I like most of the other changes or reserve opinion until I've been able to test. I do have a question though.. How are unique items affected by all the mod shuffling? Will they now spawn with 'proper' mods or same as before? I'd prefer to keep them the same, it makes them even more unique and desirable.

None of the uniques were modified - they're intentionally set up with strange mods to push their uniqueness.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
keystone (later) in pvp/cutthroat league -- always hit,never stun,no crit -- why i should invest in crit passive,stun passive-- what/will happen with dagger users or keystone will works only in sf/hc ?
"
markus7 wrote:
How can someone who has "Avatar of Fire" deal with Reflect Elemental Damage Aura enemies?

They'll probably have to avoid them or they will die, and that should be considered before taking the passive. We'll have more physical spells for this situation in the future.

"
Wijis wrote:
Will wands ever be allowed with shield charge?

I hope so.

"
Wijis wrote:
When minions explode will characters take damage from auras?

Nope!
"
Chris wrote:
What do you do if you're designing a game and you find that one build is insanely overpowered and much stronger than you intended?

Reduce the effectiveness of the build rather than removing it. konfeta put it pretty well: you remove the crit, he stacks spell damage instead. He's now a spell damage witch.

The burning/freezing/shocking effects are pretty interesting. Keep crit chance, weaken crit multiplier mods, and put more emphasis on what happens when you crit.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by OnmyojiOmn on Dec 1, 2011, 6:58:15 PM
"
pupp3t wrote:
keystone (later) in pvp/cutthroat league -- always hit,never stun,no crit -- why i should invest in crit passive,stun passive-- what/will happen with dagger users or keystone will works only in sf/hc ?

Can you please rephrase your question? Thanks :)
"
markus7 wrote:
use their armour master to run really fast^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H at normal speeds? :P

actually, speaking of armour master, what's the drawback on that one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info