[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"

The raider is primarly picked because of the defensive utility it provides. The added offence from onslaught is merely a nice, but powerful luxury. Blood rage is not necessary - the 10% chance to proc frenzy charges is more than enough to keep a perment uptime on frenzy once you get to merciless and pack sizes are larger. Additionally the 20% chance to proc onslaught is more than enough to keep it up all the time, so you won't need the flask for that as well.

There is nothing wrong with going Frenzy raider, but I consider Onslaught a much more conveinient and safe choice :)

Thanks for the answer! That makes sense. Some people were saying that frenzy was bad and that you shouldn't go for it but it's nice to see someone saying it's and OK option.

"
commonjunks wrote:

If you don't mind, can you post your tree and gear?

I'm working on my coil right now.

tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBS0FtQguCIkNjQ-rES8WvxcmGY4hdiPTI_Yk_SaVKlswfDIBNj051DqzPs9B0EMxR35KfUz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1WFWhpbr11oYeJh62KsZU1noGyMbWxv8nBSdO11y3pTeoR67311fyuCXobOh3aJ04rwjDaNfY1-jb-PYJAKlQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfo4qly7Crshm3tr02vea-p8EzwuzDM8SCzerPetCt037UI9rB45_nVOd06NbpRupi6xTrY-2D7g7vevzF_rr_3g==?accountName=diret56&characterName=Splierce_Raider
What you think about changing the coursed split arrow with a blink one?
And about Blink Arrow, the clone use my skills or a single arrow?
Sorry if this question was already answered somewhere in this thread, but do you prefer to save vaal haste for the boss/strong elite or is it fine to use it for clearing?
"
WrathfulTobi wrote:
Sorry if this question was already answered somewhere in this thread, but do you prefer to save vaal haste for the boss/strong elite or is it fine to use it for clearing?

I'd use it as often as possible mate. It greatly increases clear speed! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Wyvpank7 wrote:

I guess it can work, the problem is that the "spread" will be much more unreliable. But if you try, let me know what you think =)
HI

I am enjoying this build a lot. Just hit 54 in Pandarus reg. Just picked up a fairly high roll 4 link pair of Maligaro's for 12ch so happy with that. My question is if I want to swap out the Split Arrow for boss fights what is the best single target bow skill that I could slot in, I love Blast Rain but having a 2nd single target attack would be good. Also should I be looking at replacing this quiver because it has no resists or is it good to keep using?

Thanks
"
Kanguranan wrote:
HI

I am enjoying this build a lot. Just hit 54 in Pandarus reg. Just picked up a fairly high roll 4 link pair of Maligaro's for 12ch so happy with that. My question is if I want to swap out the Split Arrow for boss fights what is the best single target bow skill that I could slot in, I love Blast Rain but having a 2nd single target attack would be good. Also should I be looking at replacing this quiver because it has no resists or is it good to keep using?

Thanks

Hmm I am not sure why you would want 2 single target setups? Blast rain should be more than enough to take care of that? :)
"
"
Wyvpank7 wrote:

I guess it can work, the problem is that the "spread" will be much more unreliable. But if you try, let me know what you think =)

Yes split have the best "spread" but i can't play without the blink one...now i'm levelling without the mark buff (waiting for some gems/gear for it).
And what about Vaal Pact passive? I don't know the life leach recovering speed, but the istant recovery of the passive is quite interesting don't you think?
Tnx
Last edited by Wyvpank7 on Mar 13, 2016, 12:01:55 PM
Thanks for posting this build.

I took over a year off PoE and recently returned to my 72 ranger. I used to be LA-based but had to choose a spec, and decided to try this one. I should have found a physical-based bow first because now I'm finding my DPS insufficient to clear large groups of mobs.

Assuming I have very little to spend (no exalted yet), what type of bow should I be looking to acquire and how much will it run me?

My bow is literally useless so I think replacing it is my first step:

Thanks!

EDIT: To clarify, my single-target DPS with blast rain seems to be "decent", but my split-arrow takes way too many rounds to clear a group. Sheet DPS is around 1700 (ugh I know)
IGN: Zergtrap
Last edited by muskart on Mar 13, 2016, 2:08:46 PM
Like the video, i picked up a decent Death's Harp and i think is the best choise (i spent 2 chaos orb for it). Hope will help you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info