PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
muskart wrote:
Thanks for posting this build.

I took over a year off PoE and recently returned to my 72 ranger. I used to be LA-based but had to choose a spec, and decided to try this one. I should have found a physical-based bow first because now I'm finding my DPS insufficient to clear large groups of mobs.

Assuming I have very little to spend (no exalted yet), what type of bow should I be looking to acquire and how much will it run me?

My bow is literally useless so I think replacing it is my first step:

Thanks!

EDIT: To clarify, my single-target DPS with blast rain seems to be "decent", but my split-arrow takes way too many rounds to clear a group. Sheet DPS is around 1700 (ugh I know)

Try watching the video mate, there is an example of a bow in there :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Fixed, thanks!
this build is AMAZING!

hi, im a lvl 21 ranger using split shot atm (cant get blast rain yet).

my split shot ROFLPWNS EVERYTHING that is within range (thats like 2-3 screens away).
i joke, its more like an automatic shotgun... blows up bunches of mobs with ease...

the ONLY problem is the single target... since im only lvl 21, i DONT have blast rain.

what skill do you suggest?

(my single target is so bad that i have to use fire traps to kill bosses, you can imagine how slow that is)
"
Disconaut wrote:
this build is AMAZING!

hi, im a lvl 21 ranger using split shot atm (cant get blast rain yet).

my split shot ROFLPWNS EVERYTHING that is within range (thats like 2-3 screens away).
i joke, its more like an automatic shotgun... blows up bunches of mobs with ease...

the ONLY problem is the single target... since im only lvl 21, i DONT have blast rain.

what skill do you suggest?

(my single target is so bad that i have to use fire traps to kill bosses, you can imagine how slow that is)

You can try using burning arrow or Frenzy =)
Let me know how that works btw :)
Added a few additional leveling tips!
Hello. I would like to thank you for this great guide. I always played rangers and most of them bowers. However, it's been like two years since I played, so this helped me a lot to get back into it.
I would also like to ask you: why not help Kraityn on Cruel besides killing them all for the skill point? Thank you in advance.
"
ilizan wrote:
Hello. I would like to thank you for this great guide. I always played rangers and most of them bowers. However, it's been like two years since I played, so this helped me a lot to get back into it.
I would also like to ask you: why not help Kraityn on Cruel besides killing them all for the skill point? Thank you in advance.

Glad you like it!

The reason for picking the skill-point is jewels. With an additional skill-point you can open up a jewel socket and place a jewel with much superior stats than 8% inc. attack speed :)
"
Let me know how that works btw :)

i tried going frenzy and its pretty good!
i didnt know you could "gain" charges like that, and those charges make bosses so much easier.

so i got a burning arrow too and now i alternate between frenzy and BA.

bosses are dying much faster now.

i got to act 3 and level 29 thanks to this build (and thank you, LNB!!) :)

Hi dude. I'm actually new and playing with your build on HC. My toon is 50ish and i'm really enjying the build.
It's working really nice, even more with the recommanded bow (sold some stuff to buy one).
At my current lvl i only have 4 linked items at best and i'm thinking if it's better to go with Chain rune or Fire damage ? (chain is nice but we are losing too much aoe dmg, and i dont' know if it's worth in my current cruel progression ? )

The other question i'm thinking about is can we drop the Immortal Call gem or do i have to make a reroll for it ?

Thx for your work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info