[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Thanks for the guide! Please check out my “path of math” below!

I’m comparing the raider’s onslaught nodes vs. the frenzy nodes because I believe that frenzy raider is better than onslaught raider. Specifically:
Way of the Poacher, Rapid Assault & Avatar of the Chase VS
Avatar of the Slaughter, Rapid Assault, & Way of the Poacher

I am only comparing bonuses the two builds with their frenzy charges and boots in mind because everything else will stay the same.

Pro’s/Con’s of each: (Note: Both require blood rage imo becuase 10% on kill is tough to sustain)
Frenzy Raider:
10 frenzy charges with corrupted darkray (11 with amulet but that’s a bit tougher to acquire)
Doesn’t need onslaught flask
Chance of onslaught on kill
13 second frenzy duration
Requires Darkray Vectors (lightning resist pairs nicely with lightning coil though)
Slow without frenzy charges

Onslaught Raider:
More evasion
Life roll on rare boots
Better base movespeed
7 frenzy charges
Requires onslaught flask

Stats comparison – More damage, increased damage, attack speed, movement speed, dodge, evasion, dodge

Raider //////////////////////// Onslaught ////////////////////// 10 Frenzy
More damage % ///////////// 7*4=28 //////////////////////// 10*4=40
Increased damage % /////// 40 (tree) /////////////////////// 20+3*10=50 (tree)
Attack speed % ///////////// 50(tree)+7*4(frenzy)=78 //// 15+3*10(tree)+4*10(frenzy)=85
Movement speed % //////// 30(boots)+30(tree)=60 /////// 2*10(tree)+5*10(boots)=70
More evasion % //////////// 25/15 //////////////////////////
Dodge /////////////////////// //////////////////////////////// 2*10=20 (boots)

It seems that Avatar of the Slaughter outperforms Avatar of the Chase in every way. Please let me know if you think I’m missing something or if you don’t understand the math. I'm in the middle of testing this build so any input would be amazing.
how much did your bow cost?
"
diret56 wrote:

I’m comparing the raider’s onslaught nodes vs. the frenzy nodes because I believe that frenzy raider is better than onslaught raider. Specifically:

I am only comparing bonuses the two builds with their frenzy charges and boots in mind because everything else will stay the same.

Pro’s/Con’s of each: (Note: Both require blood rage imo becuase 10% on kill is tough to sustain)
Frenzy Raider:
10 frenzy charges with corrupted darkray (11 with amulet but that’s a bit tougher to acquire)
Requires Darkray Vectors (lightning resist pairs nicely with lightning coil though)

Onslaught Raider:
More evasion
Life roll on rare boots
Better base movespeed
7 frenzy charges
Requires onslaught flask

Stats comparison – More damage, increased damage, attack speed, movement speed, dodge, evasion, dodge

Attack speed % ///////////// 50(tree)+7*4(frenzy)=78 //// 15+3*10(tree)+4*10(frenzy)=85
Movement speed % //////// 30(boots)+30(tree)=60 /////// 2*10(tree)+5*10(boots)=70

It seems that Avatar of the Slaughter outperforms Avatar of the Chase in every way. Please let me know if you think I’m missing something or if you don’t understand the math. I'm in the middle of testing this build so any input would be amazing.

The raider is primarly picked because of the defensive utility it provides. The added offence from onslaught is merely a nice, but powerful luxury. Blood rage is not necessary - the 10% chance to proc frenzy charges is more than enough to keep a perment uptime on frenzy once you get to merciless and pack sizes are larger. Additionally the 20% chance to proc onslaught is more than enough to keep it up all the time, so you won't need the flask for that as well.

There is nothing wrong with going Frenzy raider, but I consider Onslaught a much more conveinient and safe choice :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Not sure about helmet enchantment yet guys.
Can you add curent jewels to the skil tree too and thx for the add the curent gear
Hum.. what would you change chain for then ? (bow give 100% pierce) also would ice shot be a good idea to stack blast ?
---
Heya LiftingNerdBro.

Just wanted to thank you for posting your guide. I strayed a bit from it and decided to go frenzy and a little glass cannony (it's standard, so the jokes on me), but being the first character I legitimately tried to level and progress past level 50, you helped me out a lot! I've just started getting involved with the economy and I'm feeling much more confident in farming and such now.

Thanks again!
"
diret56 wrote:

Frenzy Raider:

Onslaught Raider:
More evasion
Life roll on rare boots
Better base movespeed
7 frenzy charges
Requires onslaught flask

If you don't mind, can you post your tree and gear?
"
SmokWiary wrote:
Can you add curent jewels to the skil tree too and thx for the add the curent gear

Just get jewels based on the recommendations I have in the guide. As long as they have some of those affixes then you are good! :)
"
Heya LiftingNerdBro.

Just wanted to thank you for posting your guide. I strayed a bit from it and decided to go frenzy and a little glass cannony (it's standard, so the jokes on me), but being the first character I legitimately tried to level and progress past level 50, you helped me out a lot! I've just started getting involved with the economy and I'm feeling much more confident in farming and such now.

Thanks again!

Very happy to hear that man! Best of luck :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info