2.1 pure life SRS [2.1 DPS calc]

Updated tree & gear/gems section with current setup as well as additional discussion on +3/pledge as well as other cool things. ;)
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Aug 4, 2015, 3:49:17 PM
Do you think Culling + Empower3/Empower4 and no Multistrike would be viable with Pledge?

I dont really think i can sustain Splash/Melee Phys/Minion Dmg/Empower/Multistrike mana-wise (maybe with a lot of -Mana Cost Jewels) so i am trying to figure out whats the best alternative. You can obviously just drop Empower, like to suggested, but is that really the best option?

Now that i did the math... Empower and Multistrike actually seem possible, at least as long SRS is not Level 21. With like 4 Mana reduce jewels i need ~175 mana/second to sustain out of vaal haste, which seems kind of reasonable. Mhh...
Last edited by Aqu_ on Aug 4, 2015, 9:27:08 PM
Added the enlightened version of this build. IMO it's the ultimate manifestation of life-based SRS.

Matrix, I'm running a life based SRS Scion on Standard. Build is slightly different in some areas to what you're running here, but broadly similar.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA-4EBwSzCGcI9A18DlwWbxcvGDwYVhhqGYoajxzcHRQdqh2-IuIo-ipNMtEzhzWSOlg64T8nQYdFR0V-RZ1GcUfiSshLV0yzTblN41NSVcZV1lfJWAdZbVqRXsBfmF-wZOdo8mpDaqxq-mvbbRluqm-eeC98S3zlfRiApILHgwmD24TFhWCIQIhajxqPRpM6lnSYrZrgm6GbtaIApDmmV6aspwiofarErJi0DLXytz64k7zqvSfAVMBmwOPDOspKzLzPMtAf0_vYveGI42rquuvu7Irv6_Af8bPyRfba99f56PrS-wn-Cv5J_o8=

Just attempted my first uber run in 2.0 so thought I'd report back....

So, got taken out by puncture from one of the trash mobs initially, found they were getting too close to me with melee splash so switched back to empower and all was fine.

Vaals were ok, tactics and results were pretty much the same as at normal.

Managed to navigate past Trio. Cast desecrate, SRS, Flesh Offering, Vaal Skeletons and then shot them with arc linked with curse on hit, vulnerability and enfeeble while popping a Rumi's flask (non legacy). It took two of them out straight away, but I was left with the cycloner on my ass who took me out twice before I eventually won over.

Uber was a different matter. Even though I'd left enfeeble in the curse set up on accident - was going to switch to elemental weakeness for more dps - the damage in there was just horrendous. I got 1 shot everytime I got hit, even with the enfeeble and flasks up giving me 88% fire and lightning res on top of a 5.3k life and 1k es pool (just a hangover from the fact I don't have EB anymore).

I do think it's possible though with some further adjustments and more practice.....

Last edited by top11maje on Aug 6, 2015, 10:20:31 AM
top11maje:

I've also been getting stuck at Atziri.

For trio I think curse on hit with temp chains is great for slowing them down. Makes kiting possible. Temp chains is good for controlling the snakes too, as well as flamedashing across ledges. A skeleton totem may be useful too. I also charge a second VSS to help me re-enter if I die.

You may want to check out my enlighten-based build to get yourself more DPS by taking influence instead of charisma.

For atziri I think it's best to ignore ruby/topaz flasks, and get a quicksilver to avoid the damage instead. As you said, you won't survive with a flask up anyways. So I think setup should be Granite (Rumi), 3xHP (two anti bleed, 1 dousing) and a quicksilver of warding or adrenaline.

Also my friend DoctorDringus (aka. PoeBro, aka. toiletsnake) has been able to do uber multiple times without even running anger. He uses a blind totem, enfeeble, empower 4, and more cast speed than both of us.

I think empower (even L3) may be more DPS than MPD even though my numbers say otherwise. The problem is we don't know what the base minion damage values are. Please consider supporting my request for GGG to reveal these in OP.

Cool thanks for the reply. Some interesting things I'll look into. DoctorDringus! I haven't spoken to him in a long time, will have to get in touch.

TopXIMaje
Added a unproven/untested HC build. Have fun with it? :)

Unable to open the skill tree, anybody else having this issue? Been having it for the past 48 hours I believe.
Read that supports would change if you didnt run Anger, im not planning on doing with the dual totem build, but I do plan to use Pledge ones I get one. What supports change?
"
ozten wrote:
Read that supports would change if you didnt run Anger, im not planning on doing with the dual totem build, but I do plan to use Pledge ones I get one. What supports change?

No idea what dual totem build you're talking about, but I would take out multistrike and put in melee physical damage if you're not running anger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info