[2.2 Whispering Ice, Lowlife, Pure Unique wearer 1900+ Int, updated]

"
urgatorbait wrote:
"
Tzaina wrote:
Stop reffering to your vids, link your fucking gear in the thread instead!

How about you not be a complete ass-clown. What is wrong with a person who can't, for one brief moment, present him or herself in a polite and civil way. If you have an issue with how the OP presented something then why not state it with tact. Waffle has done nothing but be polite and provide the community with plenty of great info and testing/ refinement of his build. If you can't be respectful then I'd suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself. You act like a 12 year old trying to be all bad ass for the first time.

Now now it was a bit rude but no need to lash out. Also I take pride in being a total ass-clown. I've never met an ass I couldn't clown.
Great build, I might also try it out since I got all the items :) but I got several questions.

1. Did you calculated the actual dps, especially with concentrated effect vs bosses ? Im a bit afraid it wont be enought for 78-80 bosses...
You mentioned you killed atziri, in Vaal's fight did you managed to kill both vaals before any of them submerge ?

2. Did you leveled with ice storm started from lv33 ?
IGN: Summonium
"
Eranicus wrote:
Great build, I might also try it out since I got all the items :) but I got several questions.

1. Did you calculated the actual dps, especially with concentrated effect vs bosses ? Im a bit afraid it wont be enought for 78-80 bosses...
You mentioned you killed atziri, in Vaal's fight did you managed to kill both vaals before any of them submerge ?

Thanks and sure I'm happy to help

calculating the dps for firestorm and icestorm isn't really possible due to the nature of the skill. The tooltip doesn't even try and just gives the damage per hit and then each thing gets hit many times per second depending on how many copies of the storm you have stacked up.

In the video section there was a video of me taking down level 78 Palace Dominus which took about 50 seconds for both forms. This was also with an older version of the build at level 86 so the build has much more damage now, sadly I've had bad map RNG and used all my higher level ones so grinding level 76s trying to get more high level ones.

The first Vaal came up into stacked storms and died in 0.5 seconds before attacking. The second one did do a zap before falling but no it didn't get a chance to submerge.

2. Yes I leveled as ice storm from level 33. Just used less supports and rushed mana regen in the tree.
Got to try the build out tonight, i´m happy that i had a riped 92 char with a dead 6L shavs in SC. Got to borrow the staff / rings (rest i had apparently) from a friend.

Anyway, the build is quite fun indeed, but it´s rather clunky.

It wont work well in HC at all and frankly: With the investment one would be better off just using w/e skill you can fit in a Shavs, rather then this staff.

All´n all it´s more cool then it´s good.

Spoiler
Sadly...
zzZzzzZzzZz
"
Tzaina wrote:
Got to try the build out tonight, i´m happy that i had a riped 92 char with a dead 6L shavs in SC. Got to borrow the staff / rings (rest i had apparently) from a friend.

Anyway, the build is quite fun indeed, but it´s rather clunky.

It wont work well in HC at all and frankly: With the investment one would be better off just using w/e skill you can fit in a Shavs, rather then this staff.

All´n all it´s more cool then it´s good.

Spoiler
Sadly...

Fair enough we all have a skill that we just don't click with. My friends kept trying to convince me to run SRS and how summoners OP but each and every time I've tried I felt clunky as hell and just couldn't get over that hump. Just not the skill for me that one
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Eranicus wrote:

Thanks and sure I'm happy to help

calculating the dps for firestorm and icestorm isn't really possible due to the nature of the skill. The tooltip doesn't even try and just gives the damage per hit and then each thing gets hit many times per second depending on how many copies of the storm you have stacked up.

In the video section there was a video of me taking down level 78 Palace Dominus which took about 50 seconds for both forms. This was also with an older version of the build at level 86 so the build has much more damage now, sadly I've had bad map RNG and used all my higher level ones so grinding level 76s trying to get more high level ones.

The first Vaal came up into stacked storms and died in 0.5 seconds before attacking. The second one did do a zap before falling but no it didn't get a chance to submerge.

2. Yes I leveled as ice storm from level 33. Just used less supports and rushed mana regen in the tree.

Thank you for answers, looks like dps is good. Will definately try the build out :)
IGN: Summonium

- It features 482 to intelligence through nodes
- 5 sockets taken, 1 is used to convert strength in the area to int, the other, dex to int
- 203% increased energy shield, 55% shield energy recharge rate, 54 to max energy shield, 96% increased maximum energy shield from intelligence
- 45% mana regeneration
- 20% to all res, 15% to cold res
- 40% increased radius of area skills
- 20% increased area damage
- 54% increased elemental damage
- 127% increased cold damage
- 16% elemental damage with spells
- 57% increased spell damage
- 21% increased cast speed
- 4 keystones are taken Resolute Technique (will probably drop it), Vaal Pact, Pain attunement, Ghost Reaver
- Whispers of Doom is picked up for curse shenanigans. If I decide to go crit I can use assassins mark. If not, frostbite/warlords or temporal chains.

It uses 116 points but I feel like I can optimize it further and drop what isn't necessary. The primary difference is I don't take avatar of fire because I don't get how conversions like that work. And it seems like an overall damage loss because you lose 50% of your other damaging elements since they aren't fire.
Last edited by Liquor on Jul 30, 2015, 10:01:10 PM
"
Liquor wrote:

- 4 sockets taken, 1 is used to convert strength in the area to int
- 203% increased energy shield, 55% shield energy recharge rate, 54 to max energy shield, 96% increased maximum energy shield from intelligence
- 45% mana regeneration
- 4 keystones are taken Resolute Technique (will probably drop it), Zealot's Oath, Pain attunement, Ghost Reaver
- Whispers of Doom is picked up for curse shenanigans. If I decide to go crit I can use assassins mark. If not, frostbite/warlords or temporal chains.

It uses 110 points but I feel like I can optimize it further and drop what isn't necessary. The primary difference is I don't take avatar of fire because I don't get how conversions like that work. And it seems like an overall damage loss because you lose 50% of your other damaging elements since they aren't fire.

I usually like to give the benefit of the doubt but here you could only be a troll or very new to the game posting a tree with so many nodes that literally have no effect. Those support tags say your not new sooo have to guess troll :P
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Liquor wrote:

- 4 sockets taken, 1 is used to convert strength in the area to int
- 45% mana regeneration
- 4 keystones are taken Resolute Technique (will probably drop it), Zealot's Oath, Pain attunement, Ghost Reaver

It uses 110 points but I feel like I can optimize it further and drop what isn't necessary. The primary difference is I don't take avatar of fire because I don't get how conversions like that work. And it seems like an overall damage loss because you lose 50% of your other damaging elements since they aren't fire.

I usually like to give the benefit of the doubt but here you could only be a troll or very new to the game posting a tree with so many nodes that literally have no effect. Those support tags say your not new sooo have to guess troll :P

"I don't play witches and don't know how to travel in that portion of the tree".

How would I know what nodes "literally have no effect"? Ice storm is a spell that deals cold damage. Cold/Elemental/Spell damage work. It's an aoe so %inc aoe and %aoe damage work. You stack int so obviously you take ES nodes. It's a spell so you take cast speed. Like what am I missing? It's a build thread and you literally put no effort into correcting me or helping me out.

Like, look at this guys build, mine is kind of similar. What the flying fuck do you consider useless?
Last edited by Liquor on Jul 30, 2015, 11:01:13 PM
"
"I don't play witches and don't know how to travel in that portion of the tree". How would I know what nodes "literally" have no effect? Ice storm is a spell that deals cold damage. Cold/Elemental/Spell damage work. It's an aoe so %inc aoe and %aoe damage work. You stack int so obviously you take ES nodes. It's a spell so you take cast speed. Like what am I missing? It's a build thread and you literally put no effort into correcting me or helping me out.

Ok from this I will assume you are new then. I would not recommend this build for new players as it uses some very specific combinations of mechanics that do not work if you change half the tree like you have done here.

Some basic mechanics that are not specific to this build but all spellcasters is that spells cannot miss making resolute technique only giving a negative effect. Zealots oath does nothing if the character has no life regen which there is none in this tree. Avatar of Fire gives 50% conversion to fire and the cold to fire gem also gives 50% conversion to fire meaning that 100% is converted and no damage is lost from cold damage so build using only cold and or fire damage will have no loss in damage.

The build you have posted removes all the mana regen making it not possible to cast the skill once it has its supports and high mana cost. It removes the aura nodes so it would not be possible to run the auras that this build runs. It also changes all the best Int nodes into very inefficient 8% damage or 6% ES nodes.

The reason why its hard to comment is just that tree just isn't related to my build. It couldn't run what my build is about

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info