[2.2 Whispering Ice, Lowlife, Pure Unique wearer 1900+ Int, updated]

@WaffelT oh your new tree seems even more refined, i like it. It's a strange tree to balance because of how valuable intelligence is, it's worth skipping nodes that (in other builds) seem more valuable.

Thanks again for the build and your insight on the tree, items, and auras.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Like you, Waffle, I'm going to further tweak some points out of mana/regen. Now that the mana cost of Ice Storm has come down so much in the fire version, I'm speculating that I probably have more than I need. I would also really like to have Vaal Pact but that's going to take a good many points (that I don't currently have) to get there.

I also need to reconsider my 6 link (defensive setup?). I may do something like CWDT - warlords mark - inc duration - phase run - frost wall or inc aoe - green gem?

I I do warlords mark this way I'd also swap out my dual curse gloves in favor of voidbringers, spec out of the curse nodes, and then getting Vaal pact becomes much easier. I can't see trees on my phone so not sure exactly how many points away VP is from the normal tree.

Would also love a reliable way for CWDT to proc Fortify but I haven't cracked that nut yet.
Last edited by urgatorbait on Jul 29, 2015, 9:47:58 AM
Awesome build Waffle. I found a Whispering Ice a week ago and had the other gear lying around so I threw it together. It's a very fun build.

What do you think of using Doedre's Tenure gloves?
Last edited by vindictive on Jul 29, 2015, 10:05:22 AM
"
vindictive wrote:
Awesome build Waffle. I found a Whispering Ice a week ago and had the other gear lying around so I threw it together. It's a very fun build.

What do you think of using Doedre's Tenure gloves?

Those gloves aren't bad but anything that reduces cast speed by that much makes me not want to use them. I can't stand being locked in cast animation for anything more than a split second. The spell damage is nice but the build already annihilates everything so fast, I'd rather not give up cast speed for it. That's my personal preference though.
Thanks guys I've been enjoying refining this build as I go. I've spent so much time reworking and optimising this tree that I'm really happy with the little things I've improved along the way.

CWDT I don't think really has any way to proc fortify. Since we get some AOE nodes I think vengence + fortify would be the best option to get some occasional procs. Could toss in increased Aoe gem in there to give it pretty good range I think.

@vindictive

I considered Doedre's Tenure but cast speed reduction roots you to the ground incredibly and Gentle touch gloves have more Int and Chains on hit so they are the better choice if you're not going voidbringer.

I think the items are pretty solidified at this point. If I get some Jewels with Int and lightning resistance I want to try swapping the belt for Bated Breath. It would lose leech but gain more ES and damage.

I Tried using a Black Sun Crest helm for a little bit and the Int was insane but the ES loss was just too much
I'm very glad to be honest, and watch ppl post good advices to make this build better :)

IGN: Haylamscrunch
I swaped out some mana regen and put 3 points towards devotion which gives me 30 int 14% max life and 3% extra effect on auras. If you need the regen, devotion is better than sancitty so you can swap that out for much better effect.

For non curse immune bosses Im trying out flamability/ frostbite (depending on what build Im running) with my flame golem.

Im not a fan of the life leech and vaal pact considering we only have the belt so I havnt gone there yet and probably wont.
Last edited by Googatron on Jul 29, 2015, 9:02:16 PM
the atziri's promise has 0 effect besides the base flask if you have avatar of fire. other than that, i love the build - although i am running a version with crit and acuities which serves me really well for now. the damage is off the charts ;D
Decided to alt/aug my only cobalt jewel for fun to see if I could roll something decent for my jewel slot north of witch. Came up with this baby after only 50 or so alts - the ES on hit came with the regal. Very pleased with this one considering the minimal investment.

Ended up giving me 170 more ES and 131 more avg damage per hit.
Last edited by urgatorbait on Jul 29, 2015, 10:29:26 PM
Never had the (mis)pleasure of running into Abaxoth until tonight. RIP'd me faster than you can say Octuple-flameblasts-hurt-real-bad. My death really was at the hands of my own defensive measure I had in place - namely my Frost Walls off my CWDT setup. I literally was penned in by my own walls and didn't think to lightning warp over them in time. 10% exp down the tube at level 90 but a valuable lesson nonetheless!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info