1 claw dual wield reave, tanky and great clearspeed [HC] [budget]

"
jackmwp wrote:
Hey Kaharon,
I'm doing around 440 dps with reave at level 30 on this set-up:

I am killing mobs in around two or three hits and blues in 5-6 hits of reave. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Hey, change culling strike to melee physical damage and gain a lot of damage and try to get a 4 link for added fire damage.
@litto or @kaharon
what is your thoughts about dagger instead of claw for the crit?
"
Sancho wrote:
what is your thoughts about dagger instead of claw for the crit?

You could play a dagger build for more damage, I prefer claws for the survivability they provide.
@litto or @kaharon
I made my own claw build recently, it was very similar to yours. After looking at your build it gave me a few new ideas. I have optimized my build based on yours.

My build

I feel that my build may be stronger going passed level 90? While it has less evasion it has slightly more life (very slight). Most importantly my build leaves you in a better area for the 90+ levels.

If you feel you need life you can grab some from the scion wheel. If you want attack speed or dual wield damage you have duality and berserking right there. If you want to stack evasion you can grab sentinel or cloth and chain.

I am a bit of a theory crafting noob so I may be wrong. Let me know what you think please.
Last edited by WolfGrrr on Jul 29, 2015, 7:37:18 AM
"
I made my own claw build recently, it was very similar to yours. After looking at your build it gave me a few new ideas. I have optimized my build based on yours.

My build

I feel that my build may be stronger going passed level 90? While it has less evasion it has slightly more life (very slight). Most importantly my build leaves you in a better area for the 90+ levels.

If you feel you need life you can grab some from the scion wheel. If you want attack speed or dual wield damage you have duality and berserking right there. If you want to stack evasion you can grab sentinel or cloth and chain.

I am a bit of a theory crafting noob so I may be wrong. Let me know what you think please.

The thing is: I created my build (in theory) with getting crit nodes in the end in mind. I would not need more than those 181% life (had 5,6k HP) and not more than that amount of evasion/armor/damage etc. I planned it all out. Your build path is nice, though, especially if you are not planning on going for crit.

Also I can get some dual wield damage or attack speed in my build as well if I wanted to. My plan was to go to 96 (then being full on all the crit nodes I can get. I didn't plan further than 96 because I knew I would stop at about mid 90's if not before.

Here's the "full build" I was planning on going with at 96:

116 points used = level 96 in my case
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 29, 2015, 7:55:31 AM
very nice build. i died like an idiot at cruel daresso, but i'm rerolling this. i'll probably spec iron reflexes earlier next time, before getting it i had both low evasion and armour
"
Kaharon wrote:
"

My build

The thing is: I created my build (in theory) with getting crit nodes in the end in mind. I would not need more than those 181% life (had 5,6k HP) and not more than that amount of evasion/armor/damage etc. I planned it all out. Your build path is nice, though, especially if you are not planning on going for crit.

Also I can get some dual wield damage or attack speed in my build as well if I wanted to. My plan was to go to 96 (then being full on all the crit nodes I can get. I didn't plan further than 96 because I knew I would stop at about mid 90's if not before.

Here's the "full build" I was planning on going with at 96:

116 points used = level 96 in my case

Fair enough, I am not sold on crit, I may go for it or I may not. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for the wb/fortify/coh/curse idea... it is amazing!
Last edited by WolfGrrr on Jul 29, 2015, 9:17:23 AM
Hey there Kaharon,

First of all thank you for the build, im lvl 63 playing on the tempest league atm almost done with act 1 merciles.

I can clear packs really easy but bosses fights take a while (like brutus merciles one) and feel kinda squishy during big fights.

Gear
Spoiler

Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4FLQW1CC4NjRHVFHUV_Ra_GNsZjiP2JpUppTB8MgE2PUMxRfRKfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtXl1uvYEFh4mHrYqxjcGSvZ6BqjGyMbWxvV3TtdPF6U3rvfXWHdoo4jDaNfY2_myabjZ2qotmjiqZ_sNixs7IZtMW1SL6nwUnC7MgUyNzPetN-2sHjn-jW7UHtg-4O73r1b_zF_h3-ug==?accountName=JerryVoy&characterName=GerrysClaws

As you can see i didnt finish the claw cluster cause i went for more hp early since im playing tempest leageue.

Tooltip DPS: 4097(with herald of ash)
HP: 3631
Armor: 7277
HP Regen: 102.7

Rings are pretty bad so i could reach around 3.8k hp with decent ones.

Anyways i was lucky enough to find an exalt and was wondering what should i spend it on, maybe a better pdps claw with the life gain on hit mod instead of the life leech, a decent 5l or first change the rest of my gear with that amount of currency.

Ty for your help.
"
JerryVoy wrote:
<snip>

Anyways i was lucky enough to find an exalt and was wondering what should i spend it on, maybe a better pdps claw with the life gain on hit mod instead of the life leech, a decent 5l or first change the rest of my gear with that amount of currency.

Ty for your help.

You already have decent gear, especially for your level. You can try and get a better claw for 1 exalted but that would be hard, getting a good 5 link (one that can rival your current body armor for raw stats) is also very unlikely with just 1 exalted. You can try and get a few good rings, maybe better gloves and a better belt, rest of your gear seems pretty strong, though.

If you can find a claw which would be a decent upgrade (260+pdps, maybe crit, LGOH base!), go for it. 5 link can wait, most of the dps depends on the claw anyway.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 29, 2015, 7:32:11 PM
Hey Kaharon, if you would have to go with a shield what would you suggest ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info