1 claw dual wield reave, tanky and great clearspeed [HC] [budget]

Here's my contribution to the videos - currently lvl 68 in a4m and absolutely loving this build. I still have some dps (and a lot of hp lol) nodes ahead of me, including the entire ambidexterity cluster but I'm already pushing ~18-19k dps with all the buffs up and 6 frenzy charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCne3IWrMuo&feature=youtu.be

10/10 build.

edit: I also went to a lvl 72 map at lvl 64 and had no issues whatsoever.

edit2: I managed to roll 3r2g1b on my eva/es 6L base and added increased aoe to the links. Insane.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Aug 11, 2015, 10:22:58 AM
"
anigmar wrote:
But! I feel squishy right now, when I got hitted, wow!, I have to play the piano with the pots, you know what I mean :D. I've capped res at lvl 30-32 and have 1k hp more or less, this feeling is normal at this lvl or should i focus on more armor/evasion?

Some tips for lvling plz?

1 k hp at lvl 32 is a little low, try to get more life, as I can see you only have 3 items with max hp, that tends to get ugly at that level. You should also prefer armor over evasion while leveling, it's much stronger.

"
Bawtzki wrote:
<snip>

Nice vid, showing the power of this build even at early levels.

Happy you guys all like it.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Aug 11, 2015, 11:44:01 AM
hi what u mean :4 Hatred (you will want to use blood magic here if you don't have a Soul Taker) Blood magic for hatred ?, its under the helm .
"
LoaDdo wrote:
hi what u mean :4 Hatred (you will want to use blood magic here if you don't have a Soul Taker) Blood magic for hatred ?, its under the helm .

I changed that, thanks. I edited stuff around in the OP and forgot that one. Before there was whirling blades in the helm and not auras so I wrote that you should use blood magic with it if you don't have a soul taker.
@litto or @kaharon
Great build! Made some adjustments to my equipment and passive tree for Softcore leagues and I'm really enjoying the balance between solid DPS and good survivability.

One thing I've mainly changed was to take full advantage of the massive amounts of leech granted by the claw wheel and the rest of the tree, so I took the little leech cluster under the Duelist area to raise the leech cap/increase leech rate as well as using the chestpiece Cherrubim's Maleficence for that massive 100% leech rate increase. I also obviously dropped a few life nodes here and there in favor of more crit/crit multi.

Tree at level 86:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAAYAXgOHBS0FtQguCVgNjRHVFfYV_Ra_GY4brSFgI9Mj9iaVKaUqCyyFMHwyATXvNj067T7PQzFF9Ed-Sn1LHEz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVeXWhpbr16LYEFh4mHrYnlirGNwZK9lTWyMbWxvJ29XcFJ07XTxeBl6U311gUGDvYTZh3aKOIw2jX2NgY2_j8GQCpVmmmqbJpuNnaqjiqXLpn-xs7IZtMW1SL02vea-p8GLwuzDM896037T_NYH2sHbp-Of5ojo1u1B7YPuDu967-Pz6vzF_ro=

My current gear:
Spoiler

While this build is definitely squishier when running Hatred + Grace, I feel like the damage more than makes up for it. You can even opt out of Hatred for Determination to gain massive amounts of armor while still having the same if not more damage than the non-crit build.

Finally, I wanted to ask for your thoughts on Hypothermia as a sixth-link or even a fifth-link in order to take advantage of the Chilling aspect of Soul Taker. The Chilling effect always seemed tough to see for me as things either die so fast or simply can't be seen with all the particle effects that get thrown around in this game :P.
"
Tanzfete wrote:
Finally, I wanted to ask for your thoughts on Hypothermia as a sixth-link or even a fifth-link in order to take advantage of the Chilling aspect of Soul Taker. The Chilling effect always seemed tough to see for me as things either die so fast or simply can't be seen with all the particle effects that get thrown around in this game :P.

Without personally trying it out I would say it is not worth it, the chill from soul taker does not always take effekt and you rarely have anything live long enough for it to matter anyway, there are many other good gems. Added fire, multistrike, melee phys, faster attacks, crit dmg, crit chance. Those are 6 support gems already, you can only use 5, I would recommend leaving out crit chance.
@litto or @kaharon
what flasks are u running with this build?
what flask do you recommend?
"
ogsduthee wrote:
what flask do you recommend?

"
niftytim wrote:
what flasks are u running with this build?

I recommend running 2 Life Flasks

Granite/Jade and depending on map boss or map mods you can also get a specific resistance flask (e.g. Topaz Flask).

Taste of Hate if you can get it (I never got it, so that would have made my build even stronger).

IMPORTANT: Get one utility flask with curse removal/immunity.

So

2 Seething Life Flasks (bleeding/shock remove, I prefer double bleeding remove because I can get longer shock immunity by using a utility flask with that mod).
1 Granite
1 Jade
1 Resist Flask (Taste of Hate/Atziri Flask)
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Aug 15, 2015, 6:19:52 PM
Hey! I just wanted to say thanks for the build! Been having a blast with it. My 4th real roll on tempest due to RIPs (yea I'm bad...). Tried Tornado shot ranger, Incinerate marauder, 2h cyclone marauder (lvl 87) and now this build. Still in A3 Cruel but it feel like it really compares to the 2h Cyclone in terms of clear speed, which is nice. The cycloner cleared packs quicker but the reaver is far more quicker to move around the map.

I just got Iron Reflexes at 56 as I felt that the phys damage was getting a bit too dangerous. I would really recommend that route for the more casual players in Tempest.

At your current state how much bonus DR go you get from grace? Wondering if it would be better to run AA + Hatred + HoA instead of Grace + HoA + HoI like you recommend?

Currently if I slap on Grace it adds some 10~13% DR due to my high armor. So I am thinking that AA is way better, for 25% less reduction you can potentially get same reduction (+ more fire reduction!!!).

Edit: and what about swapping out added fire for fortify on reave? Instead of +43% of phys as fire we would get +43% whys. If I am not wrong that scales with hatred and HoA?
Last edited by The_Gurk on Aug 17, 2015, 4:41:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info