1 claw dual wield reave, tanky and great clearspeed [HC] [budget]

Just looted this 6L its ok to use as end game chest even the defenses aren't that high ?
Spoiler
Last edited by _Betamax_ on Jul 22, 2015, 10:18:27 PM
Hey Kaharon, it's good to see a high level reaver in tempest. Anyway, I also play on tempest and I am thinking about making a crit reave. But I am thinking toward using a dagger and a shield and armor-based. Do you think it will work?
"
_Betamax_ wrote:
Just looted this 6L its ok to use as end game chest even the defenses aren't that high ?
Spoiler

Yeah, you can use it, although I would recommend to maybe reroll stats later on when you have some currency left (chaos) to reroll. A 6l is definitely great, personally I would use high quality culling strike as my last gem.

"
theAei wrote:
Hey Kaharon, it's good to see a high level reaver in tempest. Anyway, I also play on tempest and I am thinking about making a crit reave. But I am thinking toward using a dagger and a shield and armor-based. Do you think it will work?

Dagger and shield would work well, you would lose out on quite a lot of DPS but would gain the defensive traits of the shield.

You would lose out on 20% MORE physical damage and 10% MORE attack speed. Are you going with shields because of block chance or because of the life/armor/resists? If it is only about block: You can easily reach 32% block while dual wielding, personally I have 28% block while dual wielding but switching some points around I could get 32% without losing much DPS.

Of course a shield would have the advantage of life, armor and resists, probably even some other interesting stat (Great Old One's Ward has some nice dps boosting stats as well as life and evasion)

So overall you would be more defensive but you would lose out on damage.
@litto or @kaharon
Thanks again for your answer but why would you prefer a quality culling strike instead of increase aoe conc effect ,damage crit or crit chance ? Wouldn't we get more from this gem ( increase aoe, conc effect, damage crit , crit chance)
Last edited by _Betamax_ on Jul 23, 2015, 12:37:25 PM
"
_Betamax_ wrote:
Thanks again for your answer but why would you prefer a quality culling strike instead of increase aoe conc effect ,damage crit or crit chance ? Wouldn't we get more from this gem ( increase aoe, conc effect, damage crit , crit chance)

Most benificial would be increased crit damage or conc effect, yes. I had not even thought about those. Especially in your case where you get 215% increased crit more than I do, crit damage gem would increase your damage by quite a lot, maybe you should try it out vs. added fire. With a lot of crit it could be stronger.
@litto or @kaharon
I don't see a frenzy gem in any of your sockets. Am I missing it or is there another way you get frenzy stacks?
At what level is best to take Iron Reflexes? Should I take it as soon as possible?
"
TorrentKing wrote:
I don't see a frenzy gem in any of your sockets. Am I missing it or is there another way you get frenzy stacks?

Bloodrage gem.
Is there any reason you dont take IR? I feel like your prone to being one shot :(
"
Destreaga wrote:
Is there any reason you dont take IR? I feel like your prone to being one shot :(
I noticed he took it, but not till the "passive tree at lvl 89". I'd assume you could take it earlier with a loss to dps?

-Question- At what level did you start using Relentless Fury? and how did you make up for the lack of early strength nodes?
Last edited by Crimm on Jul 23, 2015, 8:44:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info