[2.0] Boxsalesman SRS hybrid life/ES low budget - Insane damage

"
Meatshield93 wrote:
Just re rolled a new character to try your build. Liking it so far.

Since I already have a 5L +2 fire gem staff, would you suggest I get a +2 helm instead?

Also, how do you gem?

Gemming is in the first forum post and in the video, the 5L +2 fire staff will outdamage your 4L +2 minion helm, but will sacrifice Energy shield and possible resist/life rolls to do it, defence vs offence is personal and depends how far into maps and how high level you are. Also greatly depends on hardcore vs softcore. I prefer the more defensive option myself, other people prefer to go more damage.

IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

Last edited by magier556 on Jul 21, 2015, 11:15:26 AM
"
magier556 wrote:
"
Meatshield93 wrote:

Since I already have a 5L +2 fire gem staff, would you suggest I get a +2 helm instead?

Also, how do you gem?

Gemming is in the first forum post and in the video, the 5L +2 fire staff will outdamage your 4L +2 minion helm, but will sacrifice Energy shield and possible resist/life rolls to do it, defence vs offence is personal and depends how far into maps and how high level you are. Also greatly depends on hardcore vs softcore. I prefer the more defensive option myself, other people prefer to go more damage.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I meant Jewels, not Gems. Brainfart >.>
"
Meatshield93 wrote:
"
magier556 wrote:
"
Meatshield93 wrote:

Also, how do you gem?

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I meant Jewels, not Gems. Brainfart >.>

Ah, Minion damage as absolute nr 1 jewel priority.

Rest is either life% , Energy shield%, resists, the usual defensive stuff you'd pick up.

It's also possible to roll cast speed, cast speed with staves, cast speed with shields .. Depending on what you end up going with.

But the most important is you start by alterating till you have minion damage, minion damage is very hard to get a lot of in the tree. No unique jewels are good for this build, I'd rather use a well rolled blue jewel than a unique.

Last edited by magier556 on Jul 21, 2015, 7:07:52 PM
Hi Boxsalesman, legend of boss videos. This looks pretty hc viable, do you agree? In any case that's what I'm going to try right now and if you have any pointers it would be apriciated.

Loving the fact it's a budget build.
Does Flesh Offering effect minions summoned after you've cast it or just minions alive at the time you cast it?
ign: atkhelicopter
"
Joo wrote:
Hi Boxsalesman, legend of boss videos. This looks pretty hc viable, do you agree? In any case that's what I'm going to try right now and if you have any pointers it would be apriciated.

Loving the fact it's a budget build.

The two most likely things to make you die is either during leveling, it's not a forgiving build to level, or by sudden chaos damage surrounding you.

Make sure you get some chaos resist on gear lategame to counter the rare moments where you'd suddenly encounter a pack that's full chaos damage in a map, it doesn't happen a lot and I've only dropped low to chaos damage once before, but once is all it takes in hardcore.

And as lvling any ES build, or even Life/ES hybrid, the early levels are a bit of a challenge as good ES gear just doesn't drop yet, and at the start of witch there's not much life to be picked up to make up for it, so play very safe and try to get atleast some ES gear for leveling, while also keeping life high enough to counter chaos damage.

bump

Started this up as I was interested in a hybrid summoner like this. Don't have much to add other then this looks pretty fun!
I am playing in Tempast right now and was planning on going a full life srs build but after seeing yours I think I may respec. Do you think this has enough survivability for HC and do you think that Atziri can be killed?

Thanks!
"
iceberg707 wrote:
I am playing in Tempast right now and was planning on going a full life srs build but after seeing yours I think I may respec. Do you think this has enough survivability for HC and do you think that Atziri can be killed?

Thanks!

Hardcore will be hard to level but easy to survive once you're at the lvl 70+ range with some decent ES/life items ( few chaos worth of rares is enough )

For Atziri, I'll have to be honest, I quit this game more than a year ago because of desync being extremely constant for me, and I only just returned in the awakening, I've always been a theorycrafter so tried making my own build after doing lots of research and it's working way better than I expected so I ended up making a guide on it pretty early, to keep a long story short, I'm a noob when it comes to Atziri, I simply don't know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info