[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Tornado Shot, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

Sorry, wrong post.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Oct 1, 2016, 5:51:36 AM
I am just wondering what I am supposed to do for endurance charges for Immortal Call?

Am I missing something? Doesn't immortal call require them, and this build generates none?

Also, whats the idea behind the low level gems for immortal call, cast when dmg taken, and ice golem?
Last edited by TheBeesKnees1221 on Oct 1, 2016, 2:51:26 PM
Hey Bro! loving the build and have tried building it a few times, im at a point where im wondering if I should ditch my doomfletch for something with more Physical, What do you think of my gear? and do you think it would be awesome if I got myself a DEATHS OPUS +2 projectiles and then used Lesser multiple? i feel that would be a way crazy dmg boost....

Spoiler

"
Hey Bro! loving the build and have tried building it a few times, im at a point where im wondering if I should ditch my doomfletch for something with more Physical, What do you think of my gear? and do you think it would be awesome if I got myself a DEATHS OPUS +2 projectiles and then used Lesser multiple? i feel that would be a way crazy dmg boost....

Spoiler

I guess im asking if this bow is still worth using for abit im level 68
"
I am just wondering what I am supposed to do for endurance charges for Immortal Call?

Am I missing something? Doesn't immortal call require them, and this build generates none?

Also, whats the idea behind the low level gems for immortal call, cast when dmg taken, and ice golem?

Cast when damage taken gem supports level req 38 or under gems, so when you level up other gems, it does not cast supported gems.
Or you can just level up all gems and also CWDT gem, and it does work when you take higher damages (2000s) which is bad and too late
for a 4K HP character, so the best way keep the CWDT gem on 1 level and make the other gems meet the 38 level requirement, when you
do that, CWDT gem will cast other linked gems when you take 550 damage.
Hi, thank you for the build! Looks very cool and it's my first Ranger character. I am trying to level early with Storm Cloud Longbow but run into issues against enemies with lots of elemental resistance. Do you have any suggestions? The leveling setup of Split Arrow - Added Fire Damage does not seem to work with the Storm Cloud.
Last edited by AlazlamDurai on Oct 6, 2016, 1:00:31 AM
I've been having a lot of fun with this build. Thanks! Got up to level 70 pretty fast, and so far, I've taken it up to 87 in Essence. I'm blazing through T9 and T10 maps even with just 5-links. For running maps T1-T9, it's a cakewalk.

Some feedback, though:

I'm having a hard time with higher-level bosses. Seething Divines only restore 800 life per sip, max 4800 between the two of them, and life leech just isn't keeping up. I've had to durdle around kiting bosses on T10 and higher, and I'm still prone to getting one-shot by Izaro. I've been testing different flask loadouts, but I haven't found anything great yet. Edit: Swapped Herald of Ice for Arctic Armor, and then swapped Mana-leech nodes for Life leech (per the video guide) and stopped dying as much. I still have a hard time leeching from bosses, though. Managed to beat uber-lab pretty quickly.

Blast Rain had lower single-target DPS than Tornado Shot for a long time for some reason. Only at high levels was it even worth keeping slotted. Now, I'm finding I just can't use Blast Rain effectively on bosses. They'll move faster than the auto-tracking can follow, and I can't ever stop moving long enough maintain fire--even stopping long enough to fire once feels risky. Standing a screen-length-and-a-half away from bosses and holding down Tornado Shot has been a lot safer and sometimes faster.

Maligaro's Virtuosity seems like only a marginal DPS improvement over even a decent rare. I notice you're still suggesting it, even though it's not on your inventory. Is it safe to skip the unique gloves and just grab decent +life, +flat damage gloves? Edit: Stacked crit chance a little higher, and I'm feeling the difference on most mobs. Is there some hidden mechanic that makes bosses harder to crit or leech from? If they summon just one add, I can fully restore my health, but against just a boss, I get next to nothing.

Lastly, Assassin's Mark does great work, but I'm really struggling to keep it applied mapping with another player with Blasphemy-Warlord's Mark. Any recommendations for alternate 4-link setups when I'm partying with someone else using curses?
Last edited by AtlasJackson on Oct 20, 2016, 2:08:35 AM
Nice guide I love it so far but...I have two question :) Why we use Vaal pact? I did put it and then start to die allot be cause I did notice that I do not have life leech. Should I search for an item with life leech?

The second question is what armor should I use?

This

Or the one you recomend?

Last edited by Sahary on Nov 4, 2016, 10:06:50 PM
Just one quick question:

Would Voltaxic Rift be a good alternative for the Bow on this build? I am trying to go for TS as being both Single Target and AoE so I thought the extra chaos damage would help against reflect and do a bit more damage faster to bosses.
Will this build be updated for 2.5?
And how good is it in uber lab?
Any problems with reflect?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info