[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Tornado Shot, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"

Ahh the skill-tree calculator is out of date. I will update them within the next hour or so.

Thanks, much appreciated! +1
Skill-trees have been updated and should work now :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Why use the support gem 'life gain on hit' instead of 'life leech'? And also why 'slower projectiles' for 'frenzy'?

I'm leveling with Death's Harp and I'd recommend Goldrim for leveling also.

Thnks, bro :)
"
MohawkFeeh wrote:
Why use the support gem 'life gain on hit' instead of 'life leech'? And also why 'slower projectiles' for 'frenzy'?

I'm leveling with Death's Harp and I'd recommend Goldrim for leveling also.

Thnks, bro :)

Life gain on hit delivers instant life back, whereas life leech is dependent on leech rate. Life gain on hit helps a lot with reflect damage.

Slower projectiles is simply because it adds a ton of damage since it is a "more" multiplier :)
"
Hi lifting!

Whats up?

Some quick questions bro!

Why dont u pick phase acro?Phase acro + atziris step = 45% chance to dodge spells!Big big boost in my view!

I got a drillneck and a pierce gem20/20!Shall i use the pierce cluster or go for a top tier rare crit quiver and a non pierce tornado setup?

Rats nest is a must as u said!Greatly boosts your ranger gameplay!

Then i got a problem Rats nest + atziris step + maligaros makes too difficult to cap resistances let alone chaos res!

So which one shall i drop atziris step or maligaros?

Great guide as always bro!I tested my ranger yesterday and i have to say tornado shot mechanics felt a bit weaker than before but im still sure i will continue this approach for my ranger so thank you for your time mate!

1. In general I don't think Phase Acro is worth 4 points if you aren't a spell caster and it potentially helps with reflect damage from spells. However IF you get Atziri's Step then I can see the reason for picking it up. Feel free to do that :)

2. Yea I would suggest doing that. It is definitely a nice damage boost! :)

3. I would use Maligaros and skip Atziri's step tbh =)
so first of all i have to say that i didnt played PoE for a long time .... so iam not "super-up to date" and on top of that i never played a crit-build because i only play HC so i was afraid of "oneshoting" myself

but i got a question,

why wouldnt you pick Iron Reflexes instead of Acrobatics since this is an evasion build? did u try to make a build thats exactly desinged to not use IR or does this have any other reasons?

wouldnt make IR the character way more tanky? i mean yeah the bonus you get from acrobatics is way better with an evasion build than you would get with an Armor build but the same counts with Iron Reflexes.

so why rely on dodgechance ? lets assume you dodge 9 out of 10 hits (wich would be 90% dodge and i dont think thats "easily" possible) you still get hit by 1 attack and you have absolutly no armor. so if this one hit is big enough it will hurt u quite heavily or maybe kill you (i dont think that Immortal call will always save you). from my point of view its like playing russian-roulette. for a softcore build this is absolutely fine but not as a hardcore character. so here is my question again, would it make more sense (as a hardcore character) to pick IR instead of acrobatics? because many small hits are way better to control than suffering no damage most of the time and then suddenly getting one big hit?

ps: iam german so english is not my native tongue, i hope my english is not too bad =)
Last edited by ByteReaper on Jul 18, 2015, 4:50:12 PM
"
ByteReaper wrote:
so first of all i have to say that i didnt played PoE for a long time .... so iam not "super-up to date" and on top of that i never played a crit-build because i only play HC so i was afraid of "oneshoting" myself

but i got a question,

why wouldnt you pick Iron Reflexes instead of Acrobatics since this is an evasion build? did u try to make a build thats exactly desinged to not use IR or does this have any other reasons?

wouldnt make IR the character way more tanky? i mean yeah the bonus you get from acrobatics is way better with an evasion build than you would get with an Armor build but the same counts with Iron Reflexes.

so why rely on dodgechance ? lets assume you dodge 9 out of 10 hits (wich would be 90% dodge and i dont think thats "easily" possible) you still get hit by 1 attack and you have absolutly no armor. so if this one hit is big enough it will hurt u quite heavily or maybe kill you (i dont think that Immortal call will always save you). from my point of view its like playing russian-roulette. for a softcore build this is absolutely fine but not as a hardcore character. so here is my question again, would it make more sense (as a hardcore character) to pick IR instead of acrobatics? because many small hits are way better to control than suffering no damage most of the time and then suddenly getting one big hit?

ps: iam german so english is not my native tongue, i hope my english is not too bad =)

1. Well since this is an evasion build as you say yourself, it wouldn't make much sense picking up Iron Reflexes as that would turn my evasion rating into armour :)

2. The build uses both dodge, evasion, physical damage reduction and a cwdt setup. There are multiple layers of defence :)
"
ByteReaper wrote:

but i got a question,

"
LiftingNerdBro wrote:
1. Well since this is an evasion build as you say yourself, it wouldn't make much sense picking up Iron Reflexes as that would turn my evasion rating into armour :)

2. The build uses both dodge, evasion, physical damage reduction and a cwdt setup. There are multiple layers of defence :)

hmm i still dont understand why you dont go with the armor ..... i think ill just give it a try(and hope i dont die :D )

if i get lucky enough to get this build into maps i will leave some feedback =)
"
ByteReaper wrote:
"
ByteReaper wrote:

but i got a question,

"
LiftingNerdBro wrote:

hmm i still dont understand why you dont go with the armor ..... i think ill just give it a try(and hope i dont die :D )

if i get lucky enough to get this build into maps i will leave some feedback =)

Try reading about evasion here mate: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion

It will put things into perspective. Evasion isn't as random as one would think =)
"
Bananenspin wrote:
Awesome been waiting for a good HC ranger guide. Could you however fix the skill tree links? I know they are in the video but i want to compare some skill tree's and its really hard for me using just the video.

Fixed =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info