Why did GGG create Greust?

THe only thing i´ve always disliked about Greust was the terrible voice acting that is frankly, sub-par when compared to the rest. Honestly, other NPC´s sound outstanding in comparison.
For example Izaro. When i hear his voice I honestly
believe that I´m listening to a wise emperor who is sharing knowledge and who comes from an old, royal bloodline. When I hear Greust´s half-assed , put on eastern european accent, I just cringe.

The Idea behind Greust isn´t all that bad. I like the fact that not everyone is welcoming towards
exiles. Especially in a world where there are hostile Rogue Exiles roaming the lands.
And Greust is pretty much the only man in a camp full of weak people. The one dude Silk is basically a daydreamer who is making up stuff. You don´t have to be a genius to know that Silk is a soft dude.
It´s already included in his name. Then you have an old geezer, and a wannabe magician.
Oh and a female Oriathan Blackguard suffering from PTSD whom you´ve had to rescue.
So all in all Greust knows what without him, this camp is fucked.
I sympathize with him and his responsibilities. Until I hear his voice and I just want to kill him.
THough after you prove your worth, he changes his tune towards you a little, the empty threats stop.
Yes I said empty threat because Greust wouldn´t do stuff either.
You are bringing calamity to his country even stopping the sunlight, and he still won´t attack.
So Greust is soft too.

There you go. THe long answer.
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Mar 26, 2017, 2:57:40 AM
Be a dude responsible for protecting your village.

* bunch of exiles form gang to the west and collect tributes from your people
* bunch of exiles form gang to the east and collect tributes from your people
* bunch of exiles form gang to the north and collect tributes from your people
* single exile arrives and steals the sun

Why u so mad?

Exiles... *spit*
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Mar 26, 2017, 4:26:04 AM
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Be a dude responsible for protecting your village.

* bunch of exiles form gang to the west and collect tributes from your people
* bunch of exiles form gang to the east and collect tributes from your people
* bunch of exiles form gang to the north and collect tributes from your people
* single exile arrives and steals the sun

Why u so mad?

Exiles... *spit*

I'm hoping GGG pulls a swerve in the new acts, and Greust and the grumpy chick from Act IV (Kira?) find each other, hook up, and are super chill. It turns out they were both just looking for love.
People hate Greust? He doesn't like the player character but otherwise he's pretty harmless, and sometimes you need characters that don't necessarily trust the hero to give said heroes a chance to prove why they should be appreciated.
I remember a while back, the voice actor for carissa (or whatever the wand /gem dealer in act 3 is) had more gusto

Then they swapped the voice out to her current emo "im being a mopey bear" voice
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
That "you going..um.." I kind of felt deflated otherwise I like him somehow.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
I believe Greust's spit has been toned down this league, or is it my imagination? (Or maybe earlier, I did not play the previous league much). If true, then developers took OP feedback into account :)
"
coatofarms wrote:
Ok. this has been pissing me off for a long time. Greust has no right to exist. Srsly, he's a terrible NPC. He's virtually hated by everyone. Does anyone here even like him? He has a terrible personality. He's always in a bad mood.

Worst of all is that he is constantly spitting on the exile. And there is nothing you can do about it!!

I've never wanted to murder an NPC more than Greust. Greust also hates you (he hates exiles). I pray to God there is a true metaphysical Mastermind behind all of Poe's lore, and that this metaphysical computer God baby's physical manifestiation was Greust all along (kinda like the ending to Persona 4 if you remember). Then we can kill him once and for all.

You have to be a pretty sick person to create an NPC like Greust.

Please explain why would anyone would create a creature like Greust?

Greust represents life.

Greust represents society.

In real life, there are people you do not like regardless of how much you try.

And why should you? People are different.

You will not be liked by all.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Mar 26, 2017, 3:59:19 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
Hey some people spit man, get over it.

Cause I had to.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
ShowUs wrote:
"
skarrmania wrote:

Speaking of wierd NPC's, I always feel that act 3 NPC Hargan is a pedo***** or something, I don't liek the way he is eyeing me out with his words.

So exiles are kids?

well you know.. they have to come from somewhere right? all those unplanned teenage pregnancies end up tossed on a boat bound for exile. yep.

bound to be all sorts on the other side just like in the real world.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info