[2.0] Hybrid SRS - The Not-So Glass Cannon. 5k+ Life AND 5k+ ES

Back in open beta I actually leveled with SRS from level 4 to level 60.

It's not that hard and is much easier than before

But I still feel like Flame Totem is a better skill to level much faster in my opinion with less early investment.

Have fun the way you want though. The reason I mention flame totem is thanks to Gem Vendors you can buy a level appropriate SRS the moment you respec.
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
Yeah, I know, probably Lame Totem is the new Lame Blast now so no argue on that. Usually I level with Tendrils and other spells. This patch I planned to use Magma Orb just for fun but found early SRS is just as good.

btw, I wonder since I got an additional curse jewel (lucky/unlucky vaal orb), should I set up a double curse on hit? Enfeeble plus Temporal Chain for defense and Ele Weakness plus Punishment for offense, which one will you recommend? (I wish they were easy to switch...)
I'm about 49 now and want to switch to SRS I got a staff with +2 Fire gems and I'm thinking whats the best option of gems to run in a 5L?
Love the build just got to lvl 60 so far and made the conversion from FT to SRS, I hate two questions. When are you going to stream again? Also you gem setups is kind of confusing for the 6l it shows blood magic in it. I'm thinking thats because you did that no regen map and thats why it shows blood magic. What is the cookie cutter setup for Maping and whats the cookie cutter setup for single target boss dmg. Thanks!!
"
I'm about 49 now and want to switch to SRS I got a staff with +2 Fire gems and I'm thinking whats the best option of gems to run in a 5L?

Empower(IF YOU DONT HAVE A LEVEL 2 EMPOWER, USE MINION DAMAGE) - Minion Damage/Melee Damage (If you have over 100% Minion damage from jewels, use MD, otherwise melee physical damage is better) - Melee Splash - Spell Echo - SRS
"
Love the build just got to lvl 60 so far and made the conversion from FT to SRS, I hate two questions. When are you going to stream again? Also you gem setups is kind of confusing for the 6l it shows blood magic in it. I'm thinking thats because you did that no regen map and thats why it shows blood magic. What is the cookie cutter setup for Maping and whats the cookie cutter setup for single target boss dmg. Thanks!!

6L for Maps is

Minion Damage - Melee Phys - Melee Splash - Spell Echo - SRS - Empower

For single target (I don't do this but if you need the damage)

Minion Damage - Melee Phys - Multistrike - Spell Echo - SRS - Empower
Thanks alot mate :)

"
"

Empower(IF YOU DONT HAVE A LEVEL 2 EMPOWER, USE MINION DAMAGE) - Minion Damage/Melee Damage (If you have over 100% Minion damage from jewels, use MD, otherwise melee physical damage is better) - Melee Splash - Spell Echo - SRS
Hey there Kraiwen, cheers for the build mate. As soon as read you talking about the performance I started saving to buy the gear before rerolling, as of today I'm lv79 with a 6L +3 staff and 20q on Warband and man...this is insane!

Anyway since I'm on the league I obviously don't have access to legacy Rumi's concoction and with the nerf to the block % I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy them now (considering lowest price is 1ex and good roll 2ex). Do you think it's still usefull ? If not what other option do I have ?

Also how many SRS did you corrupt before actually getting a lv21 ? I have 5 20q leveling at the moment, not sure if I need to buy more.

Thanks again for the build, for the first time in a long time I feel like I can do all the content !
Last edited by Katak on Jul 28, 2015, 10:38:37 AM
It only took me 3 but the usual chance from what I hear is 1 our of every 8 for a guaranteed chance at 21/20.

As for Rumi's - use a Granite Flask of Iron Skin if you don't want to make the investment.
"
Why don't we use Multistrike in Act 2.0 Anymore?
Because we have more access to increased modifiers - which benefit gems such as Minion Damage and Melee Physical Damage (both MORE Multipliers)

Please fix this. It's mathematically wrong. It doesn't matter if you have 0% increased damage or 10000000% increased damage, a more multiplier is a more multiplier, will always be what it is. It is INDEPENDANT of every other thing. 100 damage with a 50% more multiplier is 100 * 1.5 = 150, 50% more damage. 100 damage with 100% increased and 50 more damage is still 200 * 1.5 = 300 damage, a 50% more multiplier. The effectiveness of the support gem multistrike doesn't change in the least bit.

What you could argue - and this is the correct answer - is that since SRS got buffed with the new jewels and support nodes, you will reach a threshold of damage where your minions only need to attack once, at maximum twice, to kill the monster, and thus multistrike proves to be slower clear speed than other competitive options, because they're standing still attacking the air.
In fact, this was already the case in 1.3 once you reached the top, top gear levels. Now this can happen at lower levels of gear.

Whether multistrike is or not a good option is not what I am debating here, I am not saying your option is wrong, only the explanation you gave for it is.

The same thing goes for your Minion Damage versus Melee Physical Damage support gem choice.

Your ammount of increased minion damage is completely irrelevant when choosing melee phys dmg over minion damage or the other way around, because you are multiplying the whole base damage with BOTH gems. All the damage your SRS does is based off their base physical hit, because SRS hits for a phys base that gets converted to fire. So scaling the phys damage is equal to scaling 100% of their damage. Which is what minion damage does - it scales 100% of the minion damage.
Last edited by lunaticloser on Jul 28, 2015, 6:49:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info