[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

I'm currently using your build and I'm level 77 now. I have most of the same gear, but I'm still running into problems with bosses in the 70-72 maps. I've switched to using determination for more armor instead of hatred. But really, I just wanted to ask what your current setup is like? Are you still using cast on damage taken with assassins mark along with cast when damage taken and temporal chains? Or only just one? And also, what auras are you using with herald of ice?
Currently I am using Hatred and Herald of Ice. Herald of Ice is linked with curse on hit and assassin's mark and the CwDT is linked with Immortal call, temporal chains and increased duration.

I will update the first page soon, due to a lot of testing to optimize this build I couldn't and didn't want to change it every 24 hours, that would probably just have confused a lot of people.

Having enough damage is the most important thing for this build although you should be able to sustain some hits. If I struggle against bosses I change melee splash for bloodlust and faster attacks from my whirling blades set-up for punture. With the help of these gems I can kill bosses even faster.

Awesome, thanks man. What level are your gems for assassins mark and curse on hit, etc..? And btw, really nice guide. This was my first playthough through the entire game, and your guide was amazing. Thanks for everything man.
I just watched your gear, that is definitely not the reason for your problems. To you have problems against bosses at all or just if the map has special mods or only against some special bosses?
Yes, the bosses did get buffed with 2.0 quite hard but I still didn't have problems in dealing with them.
It might just be me man, I might not be paying attention to reflect. I know on the Reef boss, I get pwned because of no cold resist, but I have no idea other than that and reflect.
Yea resistances should be maxes or you should be very careful against cold damage and of course use a flask that can unfreeze you.
Reflect is still very strong and as I said on the first page probably my main reason to die aswell.
Try to avoid maps who have reflect as a mod, it sucks to run them, even if you manage to survive it.

Against elemental reflect you just should either not run hatred or change it for haste or determination or whatever, you should be fine.

Against phys reflect you either should change dual strike and melee splash for lightning strike and gmp or lmp or only use whirling blades since they deal still enough damage if leveled up but not enough to kill you against reflect.
Against map bosses on a map with phys reflect you can use something like phys to lightning to avoid oneshotting yourself, but I would prefer to use an Orb of Alteration to get a map you can run without any problems :)
Update: Gem section was edited and I linked the gems I am using to show levels and quality.
Gear and new stats will follow soon.
Update: new video of some gameplay
Update: I have been testing Hypothermia now since I got it but since it doesn't seem to work on the first hit and requires chill on enemies (Atziri is immune, maybe others aswell) it doesn't seem to be the strongest 6th link I can use.

Actually I have been testing increased crit chance, increased crit mult, phys to lightning and added fire damage.

The crit support gems seem too weak compared to the other two gems, added fire damage gives me more damage but phys to lightning is safer against phys reflect.
Update: Posted my current gear, the amulet and rings will probably get upgraded soon thanks to the things that are possible with metamods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info