[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

can u make a CI version of this build?
Because I have never played CI on any build I can't tell you for sure but yes it should be possible.

Of course you will need to make some changes on passive tree and change a lot of items, almost everything because you don't want life. Even abyssus will probably be not the best for a CI build, but I am sure there are some CI builds that use reave.
I would recommend to read a guide that uses CI already and daggers, crit, melee stuff so that there are some similarities to the build you will make.

I wish I could tell you more about that but I don't know much about it and don't want to tell wrong stuff.
Actually I am thinking about Temporal chains for the higher CwDT set-up, I have experienced it as a very strong defensive curse, especially since it was buffed.

Since Vengeance doesn't work well I won't use it anymore and try to find a good and useful 3rd gem I can use on the level 1 CwDT + assassins mark set-up, maybe even portal.

The higher CwDT set-up will be 4l again (CwDT + IC + Temp Chains + ID) but I still haven't found the best fitting level, I probably will choose level 4, 7 or 9 (temp chains gets stronger on those points).
I thought again about using Rat's nest instead if Abyssus but the damage did get almost halfed so I probably will stay with Abyssus although the 40%.

I am also thinking about switching Herald of Ash for another aura / herald but im not quite sure yet, maybe i'll use Herald of Thunder with curse on hit and assassins mark.
After testing Herald of Thunder it does not seem to fit that well (in addition you can't get it on level 20 because of not enough int).

Temp chains works perfectly, I haven't died because of any type of enemy I had troubles with before using it.

This will be a very strong cwdt set-up for this build :
CwDT (level 4) + Immortal Call (level 6) + Temporal Chains (level 7, I will get 20% quality on it if I manage to level the gem) + Increased Duration (level 20, 23% quality since I have corrupted it)

The Whirling Blades link will stay the same (whirling blades + faster attacks + blood magic + fortify), the freedom I have thanks to it is really insane and it is another reason that made me survive better).

For auras I am still thinking about some possibilities, Hatred is a must-have so there is only room to think about the less mana reserving one, I will test some stuff.

On dual strike I consider using increased crit strikes or added fire damage instead of hypothermia, the damage from hypothermia is very nice but feels not 100% reliable like the other 2 support gems I have mentioned.

I am also testing Vaal lightning warp, it is very funny but probably won't stay in my final gems :D
Hi. I play a similar build and was wondering how you're able to sustain mana. I had to switch to Acuity because I could only use Hatred and no Herald when running Maligaro's.

Another thing, how are you keeping power charges up, or are you not using them at all?
Actually I am not using something to gain power charges although they are strong.
The thing is that I am still thinking about how to use assassin's mark in the best way and I have already another curse (temporal chains) on my higher CwDT.

For mana I have reserved 75% which is reduced by my level 2 enlighten which doesn't mean much (2% if I remember right).
I still am able to use Dual strike which costs about 55 mana 2 times before I would be oom.
My mana leech is at minimum 0.8% thanks to Spirit Void which should be more than enough, in addition I am using a ring with 0.2% mana leech but it doesn't feel neccessary at all.

So maybe you get oom because you waste some mana where you could use whirling blades aswell (mine is level 20 and deals enough damage to gain mana back) before you clear a monster pack.

Otherwise I am not sure how you get oom, Acuity is very nice I would run it for sure if I could afford it, actually I am using gloves to get max res. If I would use maligaros or even acuity I would expect even less mana problems.
I've been meaning to play a Dual Strike build in 2.0, but I've hesitated due to the Melee Splash AoE nerf. I see you aren't using any AoE increases...do you feel it's sometimes clunky or is the AoE enough? Have you ever considered using Increased AoE or Carcass Jack?

Also, how do you think an RT build would do? DPS would obviously be lower, but I want to run a tankier version that can still use Abyssus.
You still have enough AoE to clear comfortably without increases to AoE.

A RT build would not work well, and if you did go RT, using Abyssus would be a terrible choice as you'd lose out on the massive crit multiplier it provides.
The AoE still feels good enough imo, yes it did get nerfed but I deal enough damage to kill everyone who is in my range.
And here is the point, the range is not that high and maybe increased AoE would help with that.
Personally I don't really think it is worth it because you can get extremely quick to any enemy with whirling blades + faster attacks and some attack speed nodes you will get.
I still will test it and tell you how it changes the gameplay.

As Exiled_Wanderer already said, RT doesn't make sense for this build.
There is a build with dual strike that uses RT, if I remember right on a dualist. This is the area where you want to start if you go for RT and tanky stuff.
That build did even get buffed with the change from quality on dual strike (crit chance -> attack speed per quality).

Still it hasn't to do much with this build, shadow would be a terrible choice, daggers would suck (swords or axes, maybe maces work aswell). You will get tankier with that build and probably have to make some changes on the skills aswell (for example you will use leap slam + endurance charge on stun and some stuff like that).

On that point is seems more useful to play a 2h weapon but of course it is possible to play the described build.
I probably wouldn't like it though...your damage would be quite low which means that it will take a lot of time fighting enemies with a lot of life.
If you are able to get very tanky it can be strong too but you will need insane gear to play endgame maps or fight atziri.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info