[2.0] Rathik's Shotgunless Barrage COC. New build. Much stronger now. Boss killer.

Thanks a lot! will try to make this work!
this build is so adaptive im not a fan of glacial cascade or ek, instead i rather stick with ab and arc for a ranged clearspeed and it works just fine, a few times ive tried ball lightning but arc kills everything much faster thanks to its chance to shock, magma orb is decent as well. A thing i like doing with my minion is i switch blood magic with fortify, and when he dies i simply switch it back just to spawn it, blood magic is not needed but for summoning. I switched purity of elements because i already have enough resistance, now im not sure whats best: artic armor (since the character stands still most of the time it attacks) or a purity
Last edited by ald1413 on Jul 25, 2015, 1:59:23 PM
"
ald1413 wrote:
this build is so adaptive im not a fan of glacial cascade or ek, instead i rather stick with ab and arc for a ranged clearspeed and it works just fine, a few times ive tried ball lightning but arc kills everything much faster thanks to its chance to shock, magma orb is decent as well. A thing i like doing with my minion is i switch blood magic with fortify, and when he dies i simply switch it back just to spawn it, blood magic is not needed but for summoning. I switched purity of elements because i already have enough resistance, now im not sure whats best: artic armor (since the character stands still most of the time it attacks) or a purity

Yea, the build is adaptable while clearing trash, but on some bosses were you need the DPS like Atziri, you really need to go with EK + Glacial Cascade + Flame Surge.

You kinda need purity of fire for +4% max fire resistance so you can use Righteous Fire.
If you never use Righteous Fire use what ever you feel comfortable with.

I think Freezing pulse + Arc is better since Freezing pulse has 100% pierce. It also freezes mobs but I guess it comes down to personal taste.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
I think Freezing pulse + Arc

i use fp + magma orb just in case you have gmp

dudde i have maybe stupid question but whats about barrage vs cyclone proc rate i mean
main cyclone problem is mana cost but is it worth using it at all?
cos right now im not sure how it procs

(and just to clearify your dps tests you can use poehud(or maybe smth else) that shows exact dps numbers or may not im not sure after first banwave what ggg care about)
RIP English :D
GMT +4
"
ugrolol wrote:
"
I think Freezing pulse + Arc

i use fp + magma orb just in case you have gmp

dudde i have maybe stupid question but whats about barrage vs cyclone proc rate i mean
main cyclone problem is mana cost but is it worth using it at all?
cos right now im not sure how it procs

(and just to clearify your dps tests you can use poehud(or maybe smth else) that shows exact dps numbers or may not im not sure after first banwave what ggg care about)

COC gem has a build in 0.05 cool down. It used to be 0.01. Which means in 1 second you can't have more than 20 procs. It used to be 100.

So with the proper attack speed/hit rating/crit rating barrage and cyclone can proc COC gem no more than 20 times per second. Or any other attack for that matter.

For barrage the experts say that the magic number is 2.3 APS.

If you want a detail information about cyclone check out Doeboy's guide.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1195956

It seems poehud is a hack for the game. I wouldn't recommend it. You know another DPS meter that doesn't get you banned? :)
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 26, 2015, 2:11:51 PM
"

if you use gmp its <2.3aps and <3aps if not

"
COC gem has a build in 0.05 cool down. It used to be 0.01. Which means in 1 second you can't have more than 20 procs. It used to be 100.

i didnt get it i mean how is 0.05 is 0.01
anyway thx for guide goanna check it out

"
It seems poehud is a hack for the game. I wouldn't recommend it. You know another DPS meter that doesn't get you banned? :)

i dont know actually i mean y maybe but not sure if they working fine etc
in most games main problem with all this* hacks* that they not only read but also use and rewrite memory
but after ban wave on awakening release they finaly remove
hacks from poehud(maphack/*correct brightness/zoomhack and projectiles with less particles if im right)
i used it before on 1.3 and main thig right now that obviouse cheaty
it shows whats on location while you loading(like strongboxes masters etc)
RIP English :D
GMT +4
"
ugrolol wrote:
"

"

i didnt get it i mean how is 0.05 is 0.01
anyway thx for guide goanna check it out

"

i dont know actually i mean y maybe but not sure if they working fine etc
in most games main problem with all this* hacks* that they not only read but also use and rewrite memory
but after ban wave on awakening release they finaly remove
hacks from poehud(maphack/*correct brightness/zoomhack and projectiles with less particles if im right)
i used it before on 1.3 and main thig right now that obviouse cheaty
it shows whats on location while you loading(like strongboxes masters etc)

Quote from Terrornoid
"
As of 1.3, Cast on Crit has a .05 second internal cooldown timer, up from .01. Basically, we now have an absolute max of 20 procs per second where we used to have 100. This has bumped Barrage from the territory of non-concern into a position where we need to factor in the timing of our projectiles/hits.

Trash die fast, if you want to mix max it you should aim for your single target DPS setup.

Updated the guide.

Added aura setup
Final skill tree 109/123
Updated jewel, links and gear section.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 27, 2015, 4:55:51 AM
"

It seems to me there is a flaw in these calculations. Because CoC does not trigger 100%, according to wiki it is 70%. So if you have 100% crit chance with wand (with power charges), with GMP (8 shots per barrage) it is 20/(0.7*8) = 3.57 aps and without GMP (4 shots) it is 20/(0.7*4) = 7.14 aps.
20 is maximum nuber of triggers per second (since there is 0.05 sec cooldown)

Also, I do not see the 100% wand crit chance on currently posted gear\passives, so it looks like 3.57 goes even higher.

Please correct me if my calculations are wrong
"
Railune wrote:
"

It seems to me there is a flaw in these calculations. Because CoC does not trigger 100%, according to wiki it is 70%. So if you have 100% crit chance with wand (with power charges), with GMP (8 shots per barrage) it is 20/(0.7*8) = 3.57 aps and without GMP (4 shots) it is 20/(0.7*4) = 7.14 aps.
20 is maximum nuber of triggers per second (since there is 0.05 sec cooldown)

Also, I do not see the 100% wand crit chance on currently posted gear\passives, so it looks like 3.57 goes even higher.

Please correct me if my calculations are wrong

I am really not a math wiz. Maybe the reddit guys can help with it.
What I can tell you though is that when I ever get an acceleration shine, my COC procs are ridiculous high. You can argue that more APS more procs. Try to test it your self.

You need to keep in mind though that trash die pretty fast usually with 1 barrage.
Bosses that you can stand still and face tank they die pretty fast, in a matter of seconds.
Bosses that are hard and you constantly need to move, APS doesn't really matter as much since you are on the move and you are attacking 1 maybe 2 times per second.

My take is if you can push Atziri fast between phases then you shouldn't worry about APS to much.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Thought I would just post my thoughts and progress with the build.

First of all here is my gear (it is not great, I am poor and on warbands):
Spoiler

As you can see I am using a Tabula Rasa and I have to say it works fine, you just don't get life leech like you would with a 6l Voll's and you just get power charges a little bit slower.

Edit: I managed to 5link my Voll's Protector and color it, but I still use my Tabula because I have more survivability with assassin's mark.

The only problem I was having with this build was survivability. I started using Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark, and got a cold Doryani's Invitation once I hit level 68 + vaal pact, with all that plus acro + phase acro I don't die very often, usually just from a really nasty mob every now and then.

My damage is amazing with Glacial Cascade + EK + Arc, and my AoE + Clear with GMP + Freezing Pulse + Arc is great.
All in all this build is completely doable with Tabula and not great gear!

If anyone is interested here is an overview of what I did from the beginning of this character until now:
Spoiler
Level 1-38:
Spoiler
I used the skill tree Rathik provided:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOyjylwOWm11uPaiaYEO-gHvDgwlGcW-etAycpMpK8bPK04cTX7BLV76KdwebtcDjkyfDOn_GGYoRlvsJBx4OSPbalS4N0V3yGo_w1WNDcNVJUYnTcFKExaEv

The gear I used was pretty much just this:
Spoiler
Once I hit level 30 I used
My links were Freezing Pulse + LMP + Faster Casting + Added Cold Damage + Added Lightning Damage.
During this phase of the build you can use really any skills and gear you want though, just try going for capped resists and ok damage.
Level 38-51
Spoiler
I switched to CoC as soon as I hit level 38.

My tree was something like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABx4N0Q5ID6sRlha_GYoajyaVKgstqDWSRnFJUUrIS1dRdFVLXfJfsGHiY0NtbG6qb55wUnDVdwd7w3_GguSDCYTFhxOJ04qvjDaO6ZARkyeVLpu1nKShL6KjppmxkLQMtUi18rfWvoC-ir68wOPDOspKytPYvdtZ8NXxs_Pq9tr7CQ==

At the time i was this level Rathik hadn't updated his tree to have acro + phase acro so if you want to take it around these levels you could.

My gear:
Spoiler
I used Ungil's Harmony until I felt more comfortable with my crit chance then switched to

Level 51-Current

General Tips
Spoiler
If you use a Tabula like I did use Barrage + CoC + Assassin's Mark + GMP + Arc + Freezing Pulse for great clear and AoE and Barrage + CoC + Assassin's Mark + Arc + Ethereal Knives + Glacial Cascade for single target.

Don't stress if you don't have much currency you can make this build work perfectly fine with a Tabula Rasa and ok wand.
I used this wand:

until I found someone selling this one for 10c:

I use Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark for my leech plus my cold doryani's belt that was 5c.

So all in all I have spent probably like 25 chaos on this build (not including Tabula as I already had that) and I was being picky with gear I bought, you can easily do this build with just a Tabula and a few chaos.

I will upload videos comparing my clear with Tabula/Voll's soon.

If you have tips for me please tell me!
Last edited by Artificed on Jul 28, 2015, 5:28:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info